Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:50   #2251
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,448
Thanked: 5,429 Times
Default

Yes , Superbiker.
I heard he crashed into a tractor , and died on the spot.

He was on a GSXR 600.
May his soul R.I.P.

He was wearing all the protective gear , but guess it was not enough.

Last edited by manishasrani : 2nd May 2010 at 13:51.
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:18   #2252
BHPian
 
prateek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lucknow
Posts: 126
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Login | Facebook
i think this the guy who passed away this morning.
R.I.P
prateek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:05   #2253
BHPian
 
anupam9557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 355
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

oh sad to know about the bikers death.He was also a real car enthusiast. Saw his fb profile. Felt he was a real sbk lover. May his soul rest in peace.
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 01:01   #2254
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default

That is really a sad scenario. May his soul rest in the heavenly father's abode. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

I was nearly broken when I saw his fb prof, such a lively guy. :'(

@Manish - Do you know this guy personally ?
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:56   #2255
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,605 Times
Default

Sad to read about the biker's demise. May his soul RIP.

@Manish - The white R1 with gold wheels... did you see this in malleswaram on 6th main, 17th cross?

I regularly see this bike (esp. in the evenings). The rider wears absolutely no protective gear. Guess he bought the bike just to flaunt it for its looks.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:40   #2256
BHPian
 
huwaeiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That is really a sad scenario. May his soul rest in the heavenly father's abode. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

I was nearly broken when I saw his fb prof, such a lively guy. :'(

@Manish - Do you know this guy personally ?
the guy who crashed was my best buddy. we used to ride together always, but he did not tell me that he was going for a ride. He hit a tractor at speed more than 170+. the engine is in 2 pieces, the sub frame and chasis into two pieces and the throttle body was found nearly 200 feet away from the bike. He was in full riding gear, not even a single drop of blood. he died due to shock and puncture of lungs. Happened is happened, we cant change that but lets pray to god to give his family the strength to overcome this situation.
huwaeiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:44   #2257
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,448
Thanked: 5,429 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That is really a sad scenario. May his soul rest in the heavenly father's abode. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

I was nearly broken when I saw his fb prof, such a lively guy. :'(

@Manish - Do you know this guy personally ?
No , I had never met him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Sad to read about the biker's demise. May his soul RIP.

@Manish - The white R1 with gold wheels... did you see this in malleswaram on 6th main, 17th cross?

I regularly see this bike (esp. in the evenings). The rider wears absolutely no protective gear. Guess he bought the bike just to flaunt it for its looks.
Saw it near my house. In kumarapark
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:06   #2258
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
the guy who crashed was my best buddy. we used to ride together always, but he did not tell me that he was going for a ride. He hit a tractor at speed more than 170+. the engine is in 2 pieces, the sub frame and chasis into two pieces and the throttle body was found nearly 200 feet away from the bike. He was in full riding gear, not even a single drop of blood. he died due to shock and puncture of lungs. Happened is happened, we cant change that but lets pray to god to give his family the strength to overcome this situation.
Hey Thats sad man! RIP.
But 170+ ? Where is this ?
Any photos ?

May his family cope with the loss.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:32   #2259
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,448
Thanked: 5,429 Times
Default

Spotted this Intruder last evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:14   #2260
BHPian
 
Leepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maharashtra
Posts: 366
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

New Busa spotted in Aundh, Pune... It was about to rain and it did rain, the dude who was riding it just parked like any other bike in an open area. Sob sob... I would have taken better care of this monster, if it was mine!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-01052010035.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-01052010036.jpg  

Leepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:27   #2261
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,605 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
New Busa spotted in Aundh, Pune... It was about to rain and it did rain, the dude who was riding it just parked like any other bike in an open area. Sob sob... I would have taken better care of this monster, if it was mine!!!
Well i guess the owner had to take cover since it started raining. The bike would eventually get wet while riding on the rain soaked roads anyway.

This bike is parked at Taareef right? Next to Ozone mall?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 13:50   #2262
BHPian
 
anupam9557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 355
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Here are some SBK pics taken by my friend santhosh from Mumbai.
Attached Images
          
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 17:11   #2263
BHPian
 
Leepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Maharashtra
Posts: 366
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

[This bike is parked at Taareef right? Next to Ozone mall?[/quote]

Yes sir!!!
Leepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 18:44   #2264
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,038
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Nice pics anupam, looks like they have been taken in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. O.T, I am sure the R1 guy can afford a better helmet and boots.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 23:55   #2265
BHPian
 
anupam9557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 355
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Nice pics anupam, looks like they have been taken in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. O.T, I am sure the R1 guy can afford a better helmet and boots.

thanks bro. Ya, you're right. and yes the r1 fella can get himself a better helmet if he can own an R1.
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DRI gets cracking on Mumbai superbikes. Edit - Now other cities across India GTO Superbikes & Imports 267 16th May 2013 11:15
Superbikes in Pakistan [Spotted] xtremeracingzon Superbikes & Imports 4 9th February 2009 20:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks