Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 16:55   #2386
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Bivin Yamaha has a matt black on the colour lineup for the 2010 bikes and can be purchased from a showroom. So all black R1's will be carbon copies .

Here is one (Carbon Copy) in the Mumbai showroom.
well what i meant by carbon copy was the black/gold combo. but didnt know the golden wheels were stock too!!
thanks for the info!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 20:08   #2387
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 178
Thanked: 76 Times
Default 2 busa's

Met another Busa today at the Independence Rally in Mumbai
My first encounter with another White Busa
This one had awesome Racefit Growlers
She rocked
Attached Images
     
pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 16:54   #2388
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,421
Thanked: 670 Times
Default

Last night I came across 5 sports bikes here. out of those 1 was a busa and 1 was some Yamaha. couldn't figure out the remaining 3.

Managed to click only 1 pic. As this rider slowed down to talk to another biker.
Superbikes spotted in India-17082010016.jpg

The sad part was none of the riders were wearing proper riding gear.
Infact, one of them was wearing chappals and riding the Busa.

Out of the 5; 3 bikes were TN registered and 1 was MH and 1 DL. Not single GJ registered bike.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 18th August 2010 at 16:55.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 23:23   #2389
BHPian
 
anupam9557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 355
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

One in the pic is clearly a gixxer. and the other yellow one must be a bandit i suppose.
anupam9557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 10:27   #2390
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Spotted a sweet looking Orange Intruder this morning at Film Nagar, Hyderabad. Good to see the rider with all his gear.

Sorry, no pictures. Was driving myself too, and no cell-phone driving :-)

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 22:47   #2391
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,828
Thanked: 951 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default

Pinnacle, which Yamaha is that in your last pic? R6? Busas have completely outsized it.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 02:03   #2392
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Pinnacle, which Yamaha is that in your last pic? R6? Busas have completely outsized it.
That's an '02-'03 R1.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 02:15   #2393
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Pinnacle, which Yamaha is that in your last pic? R6? Busas have completely outsized it.
Guess it says R1, right beside the visor, near the head lights.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 12:38   #2394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 178
Thanked: 76 Times
Thumbs up its a R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Pinnacle, which Yamaha is that in your last pic? R6? Busas have completely outsized it.
Its a 03 R1
Rite on Dot Kunal
pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 16:13   #2395
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,828
Thanked: 951 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Guess it says R1, right beside the visor, near the head lights.
Yes, you are right. NOW I spotted it.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 13:51   #2396
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Hey guys saw an electric blue Bandit at Worli. Sorry no pictures as he was on the opposite side and i was taking a left. The bike was loud and thats how i could get a glimpse of it.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 01:47   #2397
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Hey guys saw an electric blue Bandit at Worli. Sorry no pictures as he was on the opposite side and i was taking a left. The bike was loud and thats how i could get a glimpse of it.
Are you sure it was a bandit. It could have been an FZ1. Suzuki haven't launched that colour here and haven't seen or heard of a blue bandit either.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:17   #2398
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Are you sure it was a bandit. It could have been an FZ1. Suzuki haven't launched that colour here and haven't seen or heard of a blue bandit either.
I know my bikes straight6, i might faulter with the year but i know them by their makes and model. I checked what i saw with pictures from the suzuki site and from other bike websites and it was the Bandit. I do not know if it is from the dealership or a direct import. The person riding was wearing Bermuda's, Jersey, sports shoes and white Helmet.

The FZ1 looks similar i agree but the difference for a layman is the exhaust. The FZ has a short fatter upward facing exhaust while the Bandit has a longer straight facing exhaust. This bike had a straight facing exhaust. I did make out the S on the tank as well.

This is the bike i saw in the same colour but with stock exhaust.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by speedy : 22nd August 2010 at 03:31.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:29   #2399
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I know my bikes straight6, i might faulter with the year but i know them by their makes and model. I checked what i saw with pictures from the suzuki site and from other bike websites and it was the Bandit. I do not know if it is from the dealership or a direct import. The person riding was wearing Bermuda's, Jersey, sports shoes and white Helmet.

The FZ1 looks similar i agree but the difference for a layman is the exhaust. The FZ has a short fatter upward facing exhaust while the Bandit has a longer straight facing exhaust. This bike had a straight facing exhaust. I did make out the S on the tank as well.

This is the bike i saw in the same colour but with stock exhaust.
Must have been imported before the importing stopped then .
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:41   #2400
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Must have been imported before the importing stopped then .

I dont think importing bikes has stopped, atleast i dont think it has or ever will. The only thing now is that you have to import the bike with the full duty and not as parts or any other form like before. The custom guys are smarter now .
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DRI gets cracking on Mumbai superbikes. Edit - Now other cities across India GTO Superbikes & Imports 267 16th May 2013 11:15
Superbikes in Pakistan [Spotted] xtremeracingzon Superbikes & Imports 4 9th February 2009 20:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks