Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 15:45   #2941
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,625 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Spotted these BMW's and the MV Agusta Senna Edition at Nandi hills on Sunday.
Thanks for the pics Aditya. All came out pretty well. Even if someone woke me from sleep and asked me to choose my pick from the flock, It'd only be the MV Agusta Senna. Love it to the bits!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Thanks for the pics Aditya. The front of the Hyosung GT650R especially the headlamps is quite similar to the Augusta! Here's a pic for reference.
Even I felt the uncany resemblance of the Hyosung to the Suzuki Hayabusa (the headlight cluster arrangement) and MV Agusta F4-1000 (the upfront design) when I saw its review on TV. Even though I absolutely adore the MV and Hayabusa, I tend to hate the Hyosung.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 17:58   #2942
BHPian
 
crazybiker46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TVM\Dubai
Posts: 583
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Spotted these BMW's and the MV Agusta Senna Edition at Nandi hills on Sunday.

The Ducati Monster belongs to JVH. I had seen a lot of pics of the monster and was honestly unimpressed. What the bike does to you when you see it in the flesh is unexplainable. No wonder duc's are called Ferrari on two wheels.
Nice pics n_aditya,especially MV Agusta Senna Edition,its one of my favorite.Didn't know about existence of one in India

I have a 1:12 scale model of MV Agusta Senna Edition

Name:  IMG_4593.jpg
Views: 4768
Size:  73.3 KB Name:  IMG_4589.jpg
Views: 4316
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4591.jpg
Views: 4505
Size:  75.2 KB

Also can you name the BMW bikes,Recently an interest has been generated in BMW tourers after going through Haroon's threads in xbhp
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 21:04   #2943
BHPian
 
Haroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jedda/Bangalore
Posts: 383
Thanked: 553 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Also can you name the BMW bikes,Recently an interest has been generated in BMW tourers after going through Haroon's threads in xbhp
Crazybiker46- Nice to know my threads generated interest for you in BMW bikes, so I shall answer on behalf of aditya- The silver is the earlier generation R1150GS Adventure fondly called the oilhead boxer (I believe it belongs to the Harley dealer of bangalore). The yellow big bike with engine guard is like my GS the first generation R1200GS (with single cam engine) and fondly called the Hexhead. Just for info, the latest generation R1200GS have a twin cam engine. The smaller yellow bike with a camera mounted on it is the earlier generation F650 and the red bike is the new F650 (but with a 800cc engine)

Last edited by Haroon : 16th June 2011 at 21:12.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 12:17   #2944
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,249
Thanked: 1,181 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
(I believe it belongs to the Harley dealer of bangalore).
Yes it does, have seen it many a times in the shop Petrol Tank of the bike is to seen to believe its huge capacity. A True intercontinental ride
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 11:25   #2945
BHPian
 
crazybiker46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TVM\Dubai
Posts: 583
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Crazybiker46- Nice to know my threads generated interest for you in BMW bikes, so I shall answer on behalf of aditya- The silver is the earlier generation R1150GS Adventure fondly called the oilhead boxer (I believe it belongs to the Harley dealer of bangalore). The yellow big bike with engine guard is like my GS the first generation R1200GS (with single cam engine) and fondly called the Hexhead. Just for info, the latest generation R1200GS have a twin cam engine. The smaller yellow bike with a camera mounted on it is the earlier generation F650 and the red bike is the new F650 (but with a 800cc engine)
@Haroon Bhai - This was really helpful,i accidentally stumbled upon your South Indian trip on xbhp (not a regular there).Read entire thread in a single stretch and then later your tutorial on BMW bikes(went through pictures only),i didn't know this much features are available on BMW tourers

Before that only BMWs i know were F800s (chris pfeiffer) and S1000RR (SBK)

Soon i will be adding R & K series scale models to my collection
crazybiker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 01:28   #2946
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,450
Thanked: 5,430 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Spotted this Suzuki Hayabusa.
Attached Images
 
manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 20:13   #2947
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,310 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Was near CineMax clicking an X6 when I spotted a HD Forty-Eight speed past. Pushed my bike to its limits to get a snap but couldn't manage any till the round about near TRS bhavan. Clicked just one pic so decided to stalk her for a bit more so turned towards rd. no12 with her. And then the unthinkable happens!

There was a small check-point set up by cops there so some guy riding a Splendor panics and brakes in the middle of the road! The HD rider was going pretty quick and couldn't react in time! The result, he got to taste some tarmac and so did she I stopped there as the rider was pulled over by the cops and to my (and everyone elses) surprise, the rider pulled a fakie on the cops and sped away

The pics will tell you a better story....
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img_2680.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2681.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2682.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2683.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2685.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2686.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2687.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2688.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2689.jpg  

shyn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 21:48   #2948
Senior - BHPian
 
ashwin.terminat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,347
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Lol, it took 9 pictures which are supposed to say 9000 words to say what you said in around 200. Were you on a P220?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 19th June 2011 at 21:59.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 03:50   #2949
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Mods please lock this thread, this following & taking snaps is affecting safety now..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 09:30   #2950
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,310 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Lol, it took 9 pictures which are supposed to say 9000 words to say what you said in around 200. Were you on a P220?
I was riding an RTR 160 Hyper Edge not a P220.
shyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 18:03   #2951
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 931
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Was near CineMax clicking an X6 when I spotted a HD Forty-Eight speed past. Pushed my bike to its limits to get a snap but couldn't manage any till the round about near TRS bhavan. Clicked just one pic so decided to stalk her for a bit more so turned towards rd. no12 with her. And then the unthinkable happens!

There was a small check-point set up by cops there so some guy riding a Splendor panics and brakes in the middle of the road! The HD rider was going pretty quick and couldn't react in time! The result, he got to taste some tarmac and so did she I stopped there as the rider was pulled over by the cops and to my (and everyone elses) surprise, the rider pulled a fakie on the cops and sped away

The pics will tell you a better story....
Such a Pity!! in a similar incident here in Chennai, i was going on the Poonamalee High road, when an insanely loud Hayabusa passes me from my right, being ridden by a person who was clearly not the owner. when he stopped at the signal, and i pulled up next to his left, i noticed that it was running on stock exhaust, but was still unusually loud. (ive been on a busa so i know how loud its supposed to be). the signal becomes green, he zooms off, only to stop again at the next signal. this time pull upto to his left, and am shocked to notice that there is no right end can, and also a large part of the fairings was missing. spoke to the rider, and he said he was from the service center, and this bike was involved in some accident.. was on my bike so couldnt take pics..
the busa was a new gen, orange coloured, MH registered one..
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 10:12   #2952
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,288
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
Mods please lock this thread, this following & taking snaps is affecting safety now..
What are you on about?? What makes you think that this thread needs to be locked?

The guy fell because of the splendor guy who braked suddenly and not because this member was clicking snaps!

Talking about safety, that guy should have been wearing a helmet rather than taking for granted that he was wearing a turban and the cops would leave him.

Last edited by straight6 : 21st June 2011 at 10:14.
straight6 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 12:46   #2953
Senior - BHPian
 
shyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,361
Thanked: 2,310 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
Mods please lock this thread, this following & taking snaps is affecting safety now..
Mr. Berj79, do you work for AajTak or StarNews!? Because only then can your 'blowing out of proportion' and 'sensationalizing' trivial issues be justified!
On a more serious note, what makes you say that the accident happened because of me following the HD rider!? What any other biker would rather question is the recklessness and callous attitude of the HD rider, like straight6 did.
I also happened to click a Suzuki GSX1400 the same day, but that rider didn't meet any accident though he was riding a much bigger bike(at least displacement wise). That was because the Gixxer rider was wiser, had civic sene & road ethics and was wearing full gear(helmet, jacket, gloves,boots et al) and most importantly because the fact that I was clicking pics didn't have anything to do with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
What are you on about?? What makes you think that this thread needs to be locked?

The guy fell because of the splendor guy who braked suddenly and not because this member was clicking snaps!

Talking about safety, that guy should have been wearing a helmet rather than taking for granted that he was wearing a turban and the cops would leave him.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img_2563.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2564.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2565.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2566.jpg  

shyn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 15:11   #2954
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Guys i didn't mean to create a fight or an argument, just thought these guys riding big bikes need space & need to ride in peace thats all, all this following & taking snaps isn't right at times, if the bikes are parked yes take howmany snaps you want but following them can lead to them getting distracted at times, thats all..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 15:49   #2955
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
What are you on about?? What makes you think that this thread needs to be locked?

The guy fell because of the splendor guy who braked suddenly and not because this member was clicking snaps!

Talking about safety, that guy should have been wearing a helmet rather than taking for granted that he was wearing a turban and the cops would leave him.
agreed he should be wearing a helmet whatever it is, read my previous post, you toke it the wrong way..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DRI gets cracking on Mumbai superbikes. Edit - Now other cities across India GTO Superbikes & Imports 267 16th May 2013 11:15
Superbikes in Pakistan [Spotted] xtremeracingzon Superbikes & Imports 4 9th February 2009 20:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks