Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 12:38   #4246
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

My ZX-14r in her new look.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img20141019wa0020.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img20141102wa0039.jpg  

speedy is offline   (22) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 12:41   #4247
BHPian
 
KaandBaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 154
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

@speedy sir any particular reason you repainted it? The original colour was not something you liked?
KaandBaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 12:58   #4248
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
@speedy sir any particular reason you repainted it? The original colour was not something you liked?
Firstly my friend i am no "Sir".

I did not like the colour from day one and since Kawasaki pune told me it was a 2014 colour that would be delivered and brought in a 2012 colour saying this is for India. I was itching to get rid of it and have my own individuality on the bike.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 13:03   #4249
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 683 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Firstly my friend i am no "Sir".

I did not like the colour from day one and since Kawasaki pune told me it was a 2014 colour that would be delivered and brought in a 2012 colour saying this is for India. I was itching to get rid of it and have my own individuality on the bike.
Love the shade speedy. Looks really good. Any chance of putting up a video after the Akrapovics were installed?Would love to hear it.

How much did the paint job cost you?
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 13:25   #4250
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Love the shade speedy. Looks really good. Any chance of putting up a video after the Akrapovics were installed?Would love to hear it.

How much did the paint job cost you?
Its the same shade of my S4, Estorial Blue. I did try taking a video on the phone but the sound was baffled. I shall ask my friend who is a professional to take one.

My friend and brother did the paint job and costed me 30k. He resprayed the black as well. My cowl seat cover has arrived and that would also be painted in the above mentioned cost. In all 15 pieces for 30k.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 16:01   #4251
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,446
Thanked: 479 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Its the same shade of my S4, Estorial Blue.
Nice looking ZX-14R speedy. Painting has been done nicely and there is good amount of sheen as well. I guess your's is the only blue ZX-14R in india
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 23:04   #4252
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,302
Thanked: 1,360 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My ZX-14r in her new look.
Speedy boy put one pic with both S4 and 14R together please. Must say the shade looks good on 14R
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 23:51   #4253
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 619
Thanked: 392 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Its the same shade of my S4, Estorial Blue. I did try taking a video on the phone but the sound was baffled. I shall ask my friend who is a professional to take one.
.
A complete makeover speedy bhai! The color suits the monster, no doubt about that. The very 1st thought that came to my mind was that the color is same as your S4.

Please upload a video where we can hear the Akrapovics roar.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 09:45   #4254
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,605 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My ZX-14r in her new look.
Looks super, Speedy. I love this shade of blue. The older gen kawasaki's used to come in this shade of blue right? Great choice of color.

Did you get the color change endorsed in the RC book? If not, would that not be an issue with the cops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My friend and brother did the paint job and costed me 30k. He resprayed the black as well. In all 15 pieces for 30k.
That's super cheap.

The Kawasaki SC here quoted 14k for repainting my friend's Ninja 250's side fairing. One side fairing only. New piece is around 20k IIRC.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 10:17   #4255
Senior - BHPian
 
man_of_steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: BLR/TVM
Posts: 1,149
Thanked: 972 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The Kawasaki SC here quoted 14k for repainting my friend's Ninja 250's side fairing. One side fairing only. New piece is around 20k IIRC.
Will the ASC guys repaint the part? My friend once went in for repainting a 250R. They said they wont paint the part but will only replace the whole fairing kit.

Needless to say, he then went to a local paintshop and got a superb finish of matte black!
man_of_steel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 11:56   #4256
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Nice looking ZX-14R speedy. Painting has been done nicely and there is good amount of sheen as well. I guess your's is the only blue ZX-14R in india
Mine would be the only Estorial Blue ZX-14r not only in India, but in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Speedy boy put one pic with both S4 and 14R together please. Must say the shade looks good on 14R
In a couple of weeks as the S4 is at the service centre for some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
A complete makeover speedy bhai! The color suits the monster, no doubt about that. The very 1st thought that came to my mind was that the color is same as your S4.

Please upload a video where we can hear the Akrapovics roar.

-Bhargav
Yes it is the same colour as my S4, That was my intention from day one. I got the shade code from Audi and had the bike painted.

Most definately would get it done this sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Looks super, Speedy. I love this shade of blue. The older gen kawasaki's used to come in this shade of blue right? Great choice of color.

Did you get the color change endorsed in the RC book? If not, would that not be an issue with the cops?



That's super cheap.

The Kawasaki SC here quoted 14k for repainting my friend's Ninja 250's side fairing. One side fairing only. New piece is around 20k IIRC.
The older generation Kawasaki's came with a lighter shade of blue. Thank you.

I did ask my agent to talk to the rto regarding the colour change. The say since i have had the whole bike redone, i need the manufactures letter stating the colour change. In normal terms if i had retained 30% of the green i did not require the manufacturers letter. In Bombay, as long as one rides sanely, the cops don't hassle (my personal experience). The only time an issue comes in is when one wants to sell the bike (not in my case as its a keeper for life), buyers say its an accidental vehicle thats why the colour change.

If you go to the company they have their own costs and tantrums, get it done outside and the fairing would not cost more then 3 k to paint including labour. Not many owners know also..Kawasaki warranty is only for the engine and nothing else.

@ Man Of Steel - Thats how most places function as they earn more. Replace instead of repair.

Last edited by speedy : 6th November 2014 at 11:59.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 14:13   #4257
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,605 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Will the ASC guys repaint the part? My friend once went in for repainting a 250R. They said they wont paint the part but will only replace the whole fairing kit.
Yes, they do repaint the body parts as required. I've seen quite a few fairing bits from the 250 and the 650 being kept aside for installation after the paint process was competed.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 00:15   #4258
BHPian
 
Ricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 688
Thanked: 747 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My ZX-14r in her new look.
That is a beautiful shade of blue, suits bigger vehicles very well indeed.
Do you have an ownership thread for the bike?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 06:07   #4259
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Coimbatore / MENA
Posts: 641
Thanked: 895 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

A new Pony joins our Cavalcade.

A Brit Brat, the Triumph Street Triple 675.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img_20141107_190305-1280x949.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_20141107_190529-1280x949.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_20141107_190659-1280x949.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_20141107_190237-1280x949.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_20141107_190046-1280x949.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_20141107_190107-1280x949.jpg  

gthang is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 11:37   #4260
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
That is a beautiful shade of blue, suits bigger vehicles very well indeed.
Do you have an ownership thread for the bike?
Thank you. Since i am not much of a writer, i do not have an ownership thread for the bike.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DRI gets cracking on Mumbai superbikes. Edit - Now other cities across India GTO Superbikes & Imports 267 16th May 2013 11:15
Superbikes in Pakistan [Spotted] xtremeracingzon Superbikes & Imports 4 9th February 2009 20:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks