Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2015, 22:07   #4306
BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I know, but if it has a KA registration, means its registered in KA right. No one is going to hold your post in the rto.
Have seen one in Chennai with TN registration, he might have registered it as three-wheeler or something
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 11:09   #4307
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Have seen one in Chennai with TN registration, he might have registered it as three-wheeler or something
My friends tried everything, Registering it as a car, three wheeler, bike. The RTO people just simply told them these cannot be registered in India.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 12:58   #4308
BHPian
 
slicvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KA 19
Posts: 609
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My friends tried everything, Registering it as a car, three wheeler, bike. The RTO people just simply told them these cannot be registered in India.
PM'd you. Check and follow up on that link
slicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 22:17   #4309
o.D
BHPian
 
o.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 46
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Spotted this hypermotard at my house , not really a spot but posting a pic of my newly acquired italian wheelie tool

Attachment 1324793
Some more pictures of the italian along with the caged legend please. How is it been so far? You probably should start a thread on the hypermotard which could be the first one on TBHP.

Ride Safe.
o.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 09:47   #4310
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,447
Thanked: 5,423 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Shot these yesterday.

The Fireblade looks too mean
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-10495987_706562392775994_8119733019279993249_o.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-10459004_706562062776027_604976406871184824_o.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-10854309_706549949443905_5073053624164353919_o.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 14:30   #4311
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I know, but if it has a KA registration, means its registered in KA right. No one is going to hold your post in the rto.
Speedy bhai - Not necessarily. Could be running on fake plates too.

I hope I won't be lynched for this.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 14:35   #4312
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 928
Thanked: 973 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I hope I won't be lynched for this.
Breaching unsaid rule ?

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 14:39   #4313
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Breaching unsaid rule ?

Shubhendra
HaHa! No sir! I faintly remember someone saying that the CanAm is not registered and not homologated at the RTO for registeration. I could be wrong. and I'd love to be proved wrong on this.

No offence meant to anyone (owner)
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 14:54   #4314
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Speedy bhai - Not necessarily. Could be running on fake plates too.
Very possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
HaHa! No sir! I faintly remember someone saying that the CanAm is not registered and not homologated at the RTO for registeration. I could be wrong. and I'd love to be proved wrong on this.
They had shreyans motors (ex audi, porsche, ducati, ferrari and maserati) as their dealer at least in Mumbai. Then too they were not registered and my two friends had bought it through them. One friend is a famous celebrity and yet he cannot manage to register the vehicle.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 14:57   #4315
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Very possible.



They had shreyans motors (ex audi, porsche, ducati, ferrari and maserati) as their dealer at least in Mumbai. Then too they were not registered and my two friends had bought it through them. One friend is a famous celebrity and yet he cannot manage to register the vehicle.
So Whats not possible in MH may not be possible in KA either.. IS my guess Unless I am thoroughly mistaken.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 15:05   #4316
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So Whats not possible in MH may not be possible in KA either.. IS my guess Unless I am thoroughly mistaken.
I agree, but some state rto's are relaxed and some are strict. My friends person is going to speak to the rto officers, so till then we have to wait.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 16:19   #4317
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I agree, but some state rto's are relaxed and some are strict. My friends person is going to speak to the rto officers, so till then we have to wait.
Relaxed in what way sir? If a vehicle is not homologated in here, it doesn't appear in the drop down of the menu in the software that they use at the RTO. Unless they have an option to choose "Others" and just bundle everything like this under that category

Mr. Ram Nair would tell us what he went through when he got his Bonnie from the UAE to get it registered here.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 21:00   #4318
BHPian
 
Haroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jedda/Bangalore
Posts: 383
Thanked: 552 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Some years back there was a Ferrari in KL that was registered as a taxi with a yellow plate (to dodge the customs under tourism promotion). So I guess since people are allowed to own 'Private' autorickshaws, is it possible to register the CanAm as an Autorickshaw (albeit a powerful one)?

Couple of years back a friend was considering to build a Classic Trike with a donor engine/gearbox/mechanicals from a totalled Maruti/Hyundai, but shelved the plans as it was impossible to register it as a trike and the only other option was to continue to maintain the same regn plate/RC of the donor Maruti/Hyundai which didnt seem a good proposition for a vehicle that was sure to attract a lot of attention...

Any idea if the Trike owned by the King of good times in Goa has a regn plate? What category is that registered in?

Last edited by Haroon : 16th January 2015 at 21:02.
Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 21:12   #4319
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,839
Thanked: 6,336 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

The Carver One in Delhi has/had registration plates too.

Source: ACI
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-post49490153948001394001489_thumb.jpg  

//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2015, 12:28   #4320
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 916 Times
Default Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Relaxed in what way sir? If a vehicle is not homologated in here, it doesn't appear in the drop down of the menu in the software that they use at the RTO. Unless they have an option to choose "Others" and just bundle everything like this under that category

Mr. Ram Nair would tell us what he went through when he got his Bonnie from the UAE to get it registered here.
Well these were bought before the rto went high tech. Relaxed means during the manual days grey imports used to get registered without issues in some rto's and some rto's asked for all documents. I have my doubts if A.C. even had these homologated.

I have read Ram's thread and the pains he went through to register his bike. Here is a different story, a flat out refusal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Some years back there was a Ferrari in KL that was registered as a taxi with a yellow plate (to dodge the customs under tourism promotion). So I guess since people are allowed to own 'Private' autorickshaws, is it possible to register the CanAm as an Autorickshaw (albeit a powerful one)?

Any idea if the Trike owned by the King of good times in Goa has a regn plate? What category is that registered in?
The car was brought under the epcg scheme, so for a certain period it had to be run on yellow plates, before it can be registered to normal plates. The car is now running on normal plates. When one transfers it to normal plates all balance duty and taxes have to be paid.

The trike of VJM is registered under a car.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DRI gets cracking on Mumbai superbikes. Edit - Now other cities across India GTO Superbikes & Imports 267 16th May 2013 11:15
Superbikes in Pakistan [Spotted] xtremeracingzon Superbikes & Imports 4 9th February 2009 20:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks