Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 6th May 2008, 21:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering,has that Duke been featured on TBHP,by any chance?
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 10:50   #77
BHPian

Heard news on Zee business yesterday that Ducati is due to launch 5 bikes by June in the range of 17lakhs to 48 lakhs.
I am not into bikes too much but was horrified as well as amused what made them think that 48 lakhs bike will have a market here. Good to know that we will be able to see the dream machines here on Indian roads but then 48 lakhs is too much.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 12:28   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Just wondering,has that Duke been featured on TBHP,by any chance?
I really wouldn't know. Twas owned by a youngster fresh off the boat from Oz, and the main reason I didn't get down to negotiating was becasue he still ran her on Oz plates- and I hadn't the foggiest notion how to go about getting her registered.

Last news I had was that the bike had found its way to Hyderabad, but that was moons ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Heard news on Zee business yesterday that Ducati is due to launch 5 bikes by June in the range of 17lakhs to 48 lakhs.
I am not into bikes too much but was horrified as well as amused what made them think that 48 lakhs bike will have a market here. Good to know that we will be able to see the dream machines here on Indian roads but then 48 lakhs is too much.
Sir, King's ransom.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 12:47   #79
Team-BHP Support

I would not buy the monster ever, unless i just 'had to' own a ducati. For starters, the specs on the older ones (the couple of green ones in the country) are an absolute putoff.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 14:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
The prices are absolute rubbish! In a country like India such prices are never going to give you much sales.

I wonder when the Japanese manufacturers will think about this country more seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I would not buy the monster ever, unless i just 'had to' own a ducati. For starters, the specs on the older ones (the couple of green ones in the country) are an absolute putoff.

manson.
I wouldn't buy 'any' Ducati unless it was the only big bike available on the planet. Of course, affording one would be a different story and then there wouldn't be too many bikes around as well.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 14:52   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
Ah. You live and you learn- in my case.
Desmo engines are tricky to maintain too, I've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
The prices are absolute rubbish! In a country like India such prices are never going to give you much sales.

I wonder when the Japanese manufacturers will think about this country more seriously.

I wouldn't buy 'any' Ducati unless it was the only big bike available on the planet. Of course, affording one would be a different story and then there wouldn't be too many bikes around as well.
Hard line, Sir. You'll hurt their sentiments.

Off topic: Anyone have any feedback on the MV inline 4? It's a sexy brand so I'd love to know their technology vision and what they are throwing at the Japs.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 15:05   #82
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...0-lakhs-o.html
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 15:50   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

If someone chooses to spend 2 crores on an F430/Gallardo over a GTR, why wonder whether people will buy a Ducati at 48 lakhs ?

It is ridiculously expensive, I know. But people will buy. Those who know the value of the Ducati will still buy it. I would if I had a chance.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 17:11   #84
BHPian

Italian 2-wheeler Ducati forays into India - livemint
babhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 19:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't imagine putting in so much on a bike,even if it was the rarest of custom built- etc etc type of bike. I'd see a few numbers sell,if its anywhere in the vicinity of the R1..
Some people ask..whats so great about a Ducati? You get way more quality& performance from a chunk of the Jap bikes,then why Italian?
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote