Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 23rd October 2007, 12:07   #16
Default All because of you

Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Very touching story Prabhu. I can feel what you went through on more than one level. It's great that your Dad is doing well, and it's great that you came back along with your baby! I felt terrible to give up my GSX600F in the US when I came back. I could sense the relief and enjoyment when you finally got to ride her in India. It must have felt really weird right?
Also, your experience with the customs can only reaffirm people's faith and maybe set an example for others in similar dilemmas to go ahead and bring their bikes/cars down with them.
Lets hope we can meet up sometime on a ride.

I have you to thank to inspire me to write what was in my heart.. Thanks a lot for the kind words..
It did feel really different riding it here.. I have always managed to attract attention when I was on my bike, but it was mainly due to the maniacal speed that I rode with.. First time I see people staring more at the bike than what I am doing with him..

I have always had decent experiences with the govt folk - be it Customs or RTO.. I guess I have always been prepared to pay full duty/taxes and have complete paper trails.. Most of the cases what pisses them off is when people try to undervalue their stuff ridiculously low or dont have the right papers.. It takes a little bit of effort to read up on the rules and follow the,..

I definitely do wish that we could meet and ride together sometime.. What we both look for in our bikes is way too similar We should definitley meet up and ride together. Are you making it to the Bangy meet on the 4th?
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:20   #17

bravo pubbs,oh ur bike is really sesky !!!
phew still can't believe you pulled it off.
Naren4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful article Prabhu! Had a really nice time reading it! And quite unique to see how relatively trouble-free your experience with the Customs guys was!

Also, good to hear that your Dad is recovering well & may he recover fully to lead a healthy & happy life!

Congrats on the bike & do enjoy your rides in Banglaore!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote