Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 9th December 2007, 23:11   #1
BHPian

Default Sports Bikes for Rent?

I have recently acquired a Honda cbr 1000rr, however i am still not very confident about riding it, so i was wondering if any of u guys would know a place in mumbai which would rent out maybe a 600 which i can ride before i actually start riding my own bike? i know i sound stupid to have a got a bike which i cant even ride but it was kinda of a now or never situation.
devil_in_flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 13:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
I have recently acquired a Honda cbr 1000rr, however i am still not very confident about riding it, so i was wondering if any of u guys would know a place in mumbai which would rent out maybe a 600 which i can ride before i actually start riding my own bike? i know i sound stupid to have a got a bike which i cant even ride but it was kinda of a now or never situation.
how dare you post a thread without pics ...that too a 1000rr ..!
Pics first ,everything later.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:40   #3
BANNED

no one can give it on rent but if you want i can teach you how to ride if u can ride an indian bike then its very simple n would like to see your bike post the pic
anku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 15:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Why dont you approach your dealer. Ask him to give you an old bike which he has for sale or something fora few days on the you break it you pay it basis I dont think this should be problem with dealer since you have already given him some business. If not contact other dealers.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 16:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Get a naked bike to learn, it gives you more confidence as you dont worry about dropping it and damaging the fairing. The only reason you're skeptical about riding your 1000RR is because of the fairing. If it was a naked you wouldnt have started this thread at all
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 21:49   #6
BHPian

well, scratching or damaging the bike is just one half of the problem, the other half being that i have never ridden a bike beyond 350cc( my enfield) infact u guys mite find it stupendous but i did not even test ride the cbr which i bought before buying. A friend of mine obliged and gave me a thumbs up.. btw its a 2005 cbr 1000rr. I have ridden it just once on worli sea face that too at 3 am in the morning and found it too big to handle, is there a solution to my problem? How the hell do i get started? Also i have this acute pain in my wrists even after a 10 minute ride. about the pics, will post them soon Actually bought the bike from a private owner so no real chance of asking the dealer to wash my hands off on a spare one.
devil_in_flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 22:39   #7
BHPian

how much did the bike cost you?
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 23:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ohh relax. You atleast had a 350cc bike. others jump straight from a 150cc to a 1000cc. ask ANKU. and he rides just fine now. You can meet up wid members like manson, ANKU etc.. they'll be more than glad...
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 23:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
how dare you post a thread without pics ...that too a 1000rr ..!
Pics first ,everything later.

He's right , a post about a CBR , without a pic ?? pics first , everything else later !!

sajid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 04:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
Also i have this acute pain in my wrists even after a 10 minute ride. about the pics, will post them soon
That does not sound right. Why is your wrist hurting? The clutch, brakes, and throttle should all be smooth, or adjusted to your comfort level.
CBRs are great bikes, congrats. Keep the shiny side up and ride on.
-Prasadee
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 05:10   #11
BANNED

Contact Manson, Rtech. They'll be glad to help you out to get yourself familiarised with your ride.
If you can't manage even after that, you can sell it to somebody who'll enjoy it more than you.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 11:59   #12
BHPian

in cbr you can adjust the height according to your needs probably that why your wrist is hurting, try this ideaif it helps
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
still you think its too big for you, PM me....
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 12:02   #13
Team-BHP Support

Anything can be had for a price. Most dealers rent out bikes to bollywood for shoots, so if you show them the money, they could possibly rent them out to you as well. Wouldn't hurt to approach them with someone who is known to them.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 01:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

I got that pain in my left wrist at first when i got my cbr 600 but then it goes away after you get used to it. This is your 1st sportsbike and your tense when riding it hence the pain especially while operating the clutch.

A friend of mine won a yamaha thunderace 1000 in 2001 in the levis contest & he used to ride an RXG in mumbai and sometimes ride a bullet in his native bihar but he had no problem riding the 1000 in sometime after practicing at night. I dont think you will either. Just go out & ride late at night & everything will be fine, no need to be so stresed out about this.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 11:45   #15
BHPian

hi devil,
i can understand ur plight. consider yourself lucky that you had a 350cc machine before going for a 1000cc.
i m going for a 600 without any ownership experience.
anyways, it is quiet common for wrists to hurt for new riders, nothing new with that. can give u some pointers though,
while riding please forget that you are riding a big bike, the subconcsious mind plays the trick, and hence you are a bit more than tensed.
if you can ride a 350cc bullet then you can ride any bike. the idea is to have your head firmly screwed on your shoulders and not try to twist your right wrist more than you can handle.
trust me everything would be fine there on.
i have tried different riding positions, for comfortable wrist and palms, you can try them too. they worked for me.
first n foremost get a pair of decent riding gloves. the support padding helps.
n while riding, see to it that your knuckles are pointing slightly upwards. it helps a lot.

try it and let us know.
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote