Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2008, 10:33   #1
BANNED

Default Buying a new Superbike.

I wish to purchase a new superbike.Specifically the new 2008 suzuki busa.I would appreciate if anyone could give me contact details of a reputed importer or any other person who deals in such stuff with clean track record and genuine paper work.Thanks everyone in advance.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you want clean & genuine paper work & don't mind paying for it, why not pick up the R1 from Yamaha India itself? That's as clean & as genuine as it gets. Also, they'll give you service support too, don't know how good that will be though.
Old 19th May 2008, 16:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If you want clean & genuine paper work & don't mind paying for it, why not pick up the R1 from Yamaha India itself? That's as clean & as genuine as it gets. Also, they'll give you service support too, don't know how good that will be though.
+1 , on service and support ,yamaha is taking very seriously on R1's part .
Old 19th May 2008, 16:57   #4
BHPian

Reputed importers, clean track record can be had easily.
However, if you want truly genuine paperwork, Yamaha India is the only answer.
But then, you want the Busa, right?
Old 19th May 2008, 17:00   #5
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If you want clean & genuine paper work & don't mind paying for it, why not pick up the R1 from Yamaha India itself?
The majority of superbikes you see on the road have come in as parts, get assembled (scary when you realise many miss out on critical nuts and bolts), fake papers created to supposedly hoodwink authorities, and sadly you have buyers who in any case look for places to park unaccounted for cash. So its a vicious cycle of unscrupulous serving the unscrupulous

Both Yamaha and Suzuki (too I think?) are importing the bikes in officially, that's the right way to go.

Last edited by DKG : 19th May 2008 at 17:02.
Old 19th May 2008, 17:59   #6
BANNED

well i understand that buying the r1 is the safest best but alas i want the busa.so what do i do...get in touch with an importer or wait till suzuki launches the busa here in india..which might take an year i guess.
DKG: Have you come across cases where the bike is devoid of essential nuts and bolts
?
Old 20th May 2008, 08:33   #7
BHPian

Yes Karthik. Tolerances are normally off. My friend got a 600rr recently from Mumbai.
Brand new bike. First thing he did at home was take apart the bike and re-assemble to proper tolerances/torque.

One of my friends has a genuine 1 piece import cbr954 and it's going trouble free. The other bike (assembled in Mumbai) needed a steering cone replacement extremely soon since every tolerance was way way out.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you want to import the Busa yourself, you need to keep in mind that you will have to pay full duty+penalty. You will also have to find a good clearing agent. All this will take the bikes price up to around 13-14 L, but it will also ensure that you have excellent papers and it will still be an official import. The duty structure will be realistic unlike the rubbish that you get these days.

I know of a 929 in Pune that came this way and its easily the best example of this model in the country. In fact, every bike that person gets, its the same procedure. All of them come as one piece in a container.

Instead of being ripped of by these dealers, you might as well go this route. You will have peace of mind and the DRI can kiss your ... ahem!
Old 20th May 2008, 13:11   #9
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
DKG: Have you come across cases where the bike is devoid of essential nuts and bolts
?
A few too many to have made such a statement. Mostly its illiterate mechanics who are assembling these bikes and neither do they use torque wrenches nor do they bother to put in all the nuts and bolts. I was once horrified to find the entire seat assembly on a friend's RR holding on with only two bolts instead of the four. Hate to think what would have happened had it come off while at speed. Luckily we spotted it. Again there was a RR which had a accident and the entire front fork came off only to the horror of the owner to realise some critical bolt was missing. I've seen a "new" Fazer with scores of small trim bolts missing (hate to think what else was missing inside)

Basically its a huge risk, and no amount of money saved on these el cheapo bikes is worth the risk.

My VFR is 10 years old, rock solid and still going strong. Except for oil and filter changes she's never required any other attention and nothing ever comes loose or falls off. It was bought new as a factory assembled machine

Last edited by DKG : 20th May 2008 at 13:13.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

A Suzuki dealer told me last month that Suzuki india will be launching Busa in india officially very soon.

Why dont u contact Suzuki India directly or thru a Suzuki dealer.

If its just few months away then you should wait rather than taking a chance.

and like other also suggested for R1 get it from Yamaha india.

Clean paperwork and service support is a must when you are spending your hard earned money.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:43   #11
BHPian

Bigron, this has been discussed in detail, pls refer

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/everyt...ike-india.html

Always search before you post and trust me you will have more answers then u can ever imagine
Old 20th May 2008, 18:07   #12
BHPian

i remember seeing the busa for sale in hyd around 1-1.5 years back in the showroom they were quoting 13l for it
Old 21st May 2008, 16:01   #13
BHPian

Precisely the reason why I ended up importing my 5 year old Hornet. Knowing that the bike was assembled by Honda gives me a huge sense of relief. One of the guys who got a 08 blade was complaining that he stripped and reassembled the bike himself.
Old 21st May 2008, 16:04   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for posting the link Madbullram.

Please continue all the discussions on the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/everyt...ike-india.html

Thread Closed
Closed Thread