View Poll Results: Old 600 vs newer 400
Older 600 9 40.91%
Newer 400 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th March 2005, 23:22   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
im selling my car back in the states in june or so...prolly gonna get between 17k-20k dollars for it..then commin to india for school...gonna use the money to buy some sports bike..still not sure what to get though...just need somethin nice for commuting, but still hot for the weekends car or bike, car or bike..decisions decsions, lol.
Depends on where u gonna be located.
In most cities (particularly Mumbai) June onwards the monsoons begin and there r going to be very few days for the next 4 months in which u'll be able to use the bike.
I would suggest that u buy both secondhand.
U should get decent options for 4.5 lac in both.
That way you'll also not loose much when u sell them before going back.
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 02:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak
Depends on where u gonna be located.
In most cities (particularly Mumbai) June onwards the monsoons begin and there r going to be very few days for the next 4 months in which u'll be able to use the bike.
I would suggest that u buy both secondhand.
U should get decent options for 4.5 lac in both.
That way you'll also not loose much when u sell them before going back.
yeah....i'll be in bangalore...the bike, i sorta wanna take back with me though.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 02:47   #48
Team-BHP Support

dude i think taking any bike back with yourself will not make sense as you will get the same bik in the U.S. for one-third the price , best thing is to buy a used one and sell it for almost as much or sometimes even a profit and go back happily .

manson .
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 06:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
dude i think taking any bike back with yourself will not make sense as you will get the same bik in the U.S. for one-third the price , best thing is to buy a used one and sell it for almost as much or sometimes even a profit and go back happily .

manson .
yah ur prolly right..whats a good sport bike for a beginner biker..im tall (6 ft), so i should be better at balancing a bike. Also i have to buy a helmet, jacket, and gloves and stuff too.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 09:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
hey maybe you would want to edit the post and make it 9,00,000 instead of 90,000

manson .
Well, come on man its just a tying error....
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote