Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 1st September 2008, 12:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

I need to get a SBK ASAP atleast a 250cc will do for me as of now... what say S6
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 12:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I need to get a SBK ASAP atleast a 250cc will do for me as of now... what say S6
Get the Ninja 250 when it comes. Why not just go for the official R1 like Gautam?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 12:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Get the Ninja 250 when it comes. Why not just go for the official R1 like Gautam?
I have a mind set over Honda the engines and detailing on the bike are just superb,even the 600RR looks soo hot.
Old 1st September 2008, 12:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a mind set over Honda the engines and detailing on the bike are just superb,even the 600RR looks soo hot.
Ask Paras if he will sell you his bike.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ask Paras if he will sell you his bike.
He is willing too,but the issue is only one "Transfer"

EDIT:bhai you have changed your avtar,any goodnews about a new deal hapening
Old 1st September 2008, 13:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He is willing too,but the issue is only one "Transfer"

EDIT:bhai you have changed your avtar,any goodnews about a new deal hapening
Nothing happening with my bike at the moment. Will let everyone know when something materialises. The transfer can be taken care of by your friend Sunny.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:17   #22
BHPian

Hey straight6 nice pix, must be a clean ride.. I am sure the cold breeze early in the morning must be very refreshing.

Nice to see Bonty out on the ride,

Manson your Thunderace looks cool & the black daddy Ninja looks Hot..

Keep rolling.. & posting guys...

Ride safe...
chintan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 15:01   #23
BHPian

do we really have to wait for next sunday or is everyone game for a wednesday morning ride...?
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 18:43   #24
Team-BHP Support

Ride highlights:

Nice pictures S6. So the ride finally worked out eh!!

The R1 is a fast bike, but in this case the guy was just as fast even on his 600 rr.

Tojo, the RD sounds fantastic, need i mention the micron cans on your kwacker. The black on the kawasaki makes it even more imposing to look at it person, pictures just dont ever do justice to sport tourers. Did you finally spot any differences between your ZZR 1400 & Suresh's ZX 14?

Bonty rode really well, quite surprising to see someone riding beyong city limits for the first time and not lagging behind. The only stupid thing he tried doing was keep around the 'quick' R1 chap.

Good to see Rajesh and his ninja after a long gap, the muzzy exhaust isnt the loudest, but it sounds very 'nice different' when on the higher rpms.

Too bad anku & abhinav could not make it.

A little time wasted getting the correct bypass intersection for Panvel through JNPT, but a good route discovered.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 18:47   #25
Team-BHP Support

The new route for Panvel, Karjat & Lonavala rides:
Once on the palm beach road, after the Sea Woods estate & Delhi Puiblic School, take a right turn from the signal towards JNPT, a good 10 odd kms stretch till we reach a circle, take a LEFT from the circle and ride for about 1 km and there will be a slightly broken road on the right side touching the Bypass. Once on this bypass road, ride straght for maybe 15 kms and you reach Dutta snacks at Panvel, from there take the old lonavala road like all previous rides.
Its a 20 meters odd bad road ride to touch the bypass, but its all worth it. Saves you from the the broken & incredibly bumpy ride through Belapur, Kharghar, Taloja & Kalamboli.

There is hadly any traffic on the JNPT stretch, the traffic on the bypass is quite well behaved too, and the negligible presence of villages along the road helps. The roads are very inviting, but please do not try going flat out

manson.
Old 1st September 2008, 18:58   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
will join you guys nextride on my PLR150.0
Do not wanna sound like a gear Nazi, but i hope you have a helmet.
Incase you don't, just drop me a pm.

manson.
Old 1st September 2008, 19:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Do not wanna sound like a gear Nazi, but i hope you have a helmet.
Incase you don't, just drop me a pm.

manson.
Ohh sure Manson paaji,you are the right person to contact for the helmet as per our size cheers...

Ramie
Old 1st September 2008, 20:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintan15 View Post
Hey straight6 nice pix, must be a clean ride.. I am sure the cold breeze early in the morning must be very refreshing.

Nice to see Bonty out on the ride,

Manson your Thunderace looks cool & the black daddy Ninja looks Hot..

Keep rolling.. & posting guys...

Ride safe...
The breeze wasn't really cold but very refreshing though. You should come on the next ride for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
do we really have to wait for next sunday or is everyone game for a wednesday morning ride...?
Sunday is when everyone can come. Besides, Wednesday is Ganpati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Ride highlights:

So the ride finally worked out eh!!

Did you finally spot any differences between your ZZR 1400 & Suresh's ZX 14?

Bonty rode really well, quite surprising to see someone riding beyong city limits for the first time and not lagging behind. The only stupid thing he tried doing was keep around the 'quick' R1 chap.

Good to see Rajesh and his ninja after a long gap, the muzzy exhaust isnt the loudest, but it sounds very 'nice different' when on the higher rpms.
Yeah, finally! What a relief that was.

Tojo's bike being a EU spec, has a grab rail. It doesn't seem to have the "automatic headlight on" feature though.The Blue one was a US spec and seemed to be dropped on the right.

Bonty in fact, was telling me that he didn't try and mess with the R1 and let him pass.

Most of you probably didn't notice it, but Rajesh almost lost it on one of those rumbler strips while coming back. He carried too much speed onto them and hit the brakes which made the bike wobble like hell. Tojo and me were the only ones behind him. Luckily, he managed to stay on two wheels. I was thinking "Gulp! Not now".
Old 1st September 2008, 21:26   #29
BHPian

the R1 dude was out to prove a point I think. Man, every time I passed him at a decent speed, he took it was as if I challenged him for a rip or something But that bike moves man & more importantly the dude knows how to make it move. That 2nd gear rip that v both did on palm beach road was quite maddening. think it had a commander, otherwise it couldnt have kept up for so long with the 14R on full throttle.

Anyways, I'm sorry but that zx14 was in a sad condition. Oil leak & all. Anyways, the differences I saw were: no main stand in his, no rear seat handle bar in his (that looks better though). The stock exhaust was too silent. Its not that silent in the normal stock ZX14s. Str6, dude the auto lights are on this even.

Back to the riding, is wednesday a bad time to ride. 6am shouldnt be an issue right.
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 23:29   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Blue one was a US spec and seemed to be dropped on the right.
Looked like those 'while the bike was parked' falls, you're talking about the schoff on the lower side of fairing right?

Quote:
Bonty in fact, was telling me that he didn't try and mess with the R1 and let him pass.
Was riding around Bonty till we got to Palm Beach, I saw him try to catch up everytime anyone would pass, which mostly would be the R1 fella. He was good other than that.

Quote:
Most of you probably didn't notice it, but Rajesh almost lost it on one of those rumbler strips while coming back.
Very surprising, he's the one of the calmest i've ridden with.
Where was this though? He was finally enjoying his ninja yesterday after a long time, probably just got greedy to explore some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
the R1 dude was out to prove a point I think. Man, every time I passed him at a decent speed, he took it was as if I challenged him for a rip or something But that bike moves man & more importantly the dude knows how to make it move. That 2nd gear rip that v both did on palm beach road was quite maddening. think it had a commander, otherwise it couldnt have kept up for so long with the 14R on full throttle.
I've ridden with him earlier, from what i noticed he was 'taking it easy' most of yesterday. Last i remember, the bike was all stock.

manson.