Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 05:41   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,343
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

It looks like Yamaha is going to run out of the '08 bikes before they can get the '09 to the showrooms.
straight6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 09:29   #17
BHPian
 
redrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 544
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
In my opinion, the '09 R1 falls flat on its face when it comes to looks, especially when viewed from head on and front three-quarters. Looks bug-eyed (check pic). eecks, why did Yamaha had to do that and ruin one of the most beautiful bikes of all times.
Yeah I dint like the fairing and from the side the tyre peeps out of the bike , which i thought somehow dosent suit the looks of the R1.BUt Exhaust is awesome!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
30kg is too much. Typo?
No JK, thats why i said the dry v/s wet weight.. Dry v/s Dry would definetly be lesser.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 00:31   #18
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Thumbs up

woa..was checking the vid and the new ad for the Yam '09...according to me Yamaha have gone more into inner modds rather than outer looks..according to Collin E the specifications on the Yam R1 '09 is the same that he rides every weekend on the Moto GP circuit..dunno how far that is true..

Yamaha is on a Roll
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 00:57   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
ananthkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,194
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

He didn't say that anywhere. He said its "like" it. There's a difference. But not one that marketing BS cannot overcome .
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 01:00   #20
BHPian
 
topend_hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 66
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I agree about the looks being a bit fruity. But the new engine should be interesting.
topend_hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 01:06   #21
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Yamaha 2009 YZF-R1 has a revolutionary new engine. Also the exhausts integrated with the all alluminium delta frame. Look Superb. Ofcourse performance is really really good as review footage is been made on race tracks too.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 01:33   #22
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
He didn't say that anywhere. He said its "like" it. There's a difference. But not one that marketing BS cannot overcome .
pardon my ignorance
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 02:05   #23
BHPian
 
ab1xlr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: Once
Default

I like the rear end,but the front is really bad,looks like bug eyed.If it looks bad in the pics just imagine how bad it will look on road.The only problem with the 2008 r1 was that it was a little too big.Here is apic of a 2008 r1 ,see which you like
Attached Images
 
ab1xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 07:54   #24
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

everybody have their own choice. But looks of R1 is much better than busa or cbr or ducati. An Evil Reptile look.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 22:57   #25
BHPian
 
joe angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
everybody have their own choice. But looks of R1 is much better than busa or cbr or ducati. An Evil Reptile look.
...the high rate in R1 sales is just because of its awesome looks!! the power figures may be slightly low compared to the other bike manuf., but the looks, no1 can beat it!!
joe angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 01:49   #26
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
...the high rate in R1 sales is just because of its awesome looks!! the power figures may be slightly low compared to the other bike manuf., but the looks, no1 can beat it!!
Power? man 1000cc bike, performance means a combined package of handling, power delivery etc. Acc. to me Performance of R1 is much higher than HayaBusa on race tracks.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 16:34   #27
BHPian
 
joe angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Power? man 1000cc bike, performance means a combined package of handling, power delivery etc. Acc. to me Performance of R1 is much higher than HayaBusa on race tracks.
how could u compare a litre bike with a hyperbike!!!??!! i just said that the performance is LITTLE less compared to the other manuf's like suzuki, honda, kawa etc!!!
joe angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 20:23   #28
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
how could u compare a litre bike with a hyperbike!!!??!! i just said that the performance is LITTLE less compared to the other manuf's like suzuki, honda, kawa etc!!!
Because r1 is superior than Busa on Race Tracks I said overall package not just the power. performance doesnt mean just the acceleration. Performance includes Handling, Engine Response, etc etc

Last edited by Gangsta : 21st September 2008 at 20:35.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 20:52   #29
BHPian
 
joe angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Because r1 is superior than Busa on Race Tracks I said overall package not just the power. performance doesnt mean just the acceleration. Performance includes Handling, Engine Response, etc etc
nobody is a fool bringing a drag king to a race track!!! and i think u are not aware of the 08 busa s features!! we are here talking about the new R1, and i am a die hard fan of yamaha!!!i just was comparing the old R1 to the other litre bikes(CBR,GSXR..) ok, it is quite dissapointing...hope the '09 figures all the problem of their ancestors!!
joe angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:04   #30
BHPian
 
Gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 622
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
nobody is a fool bringing a drag king to a race track!!! and i think u are not aware of the 08 busa s features!! we are here talking about the new R1, and i am a die hard fan of yamaha!!!i just was comparing the old R1 to the other litre bikes(CBR,GSXR..) ok, it is quite dissapointing...hope the '09 figures all the problem of their ancestors!!
Yeah may be, because i read about R1 havnt read much about Busa. Cheers! cheers:

All i know that i was talking about the overall performance not just the power or just drag accelerations.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yamaha recalls 9 units of YZF-R1 and YZF-R1M in India Aditya Superbikes & Imports 1 23rd December 2015 13:11
Road conditions of SH in TN (Bang-Ooty-Kodai-Kanyakumari-Rameshwaram-Bang) sachin131 Route / Travel Queries 4 28th August 2015 11:40
2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 and YZF-R1M launched in India Nicky Superbikes & Imports 3 10th April 2015 19:06
BugBlog®- A 6692.8 kms of drive bliss (Bang- Faridabad - Saharanpur-Dehradun-Bang) Travelbug Travelogues 43 2nd October 2009 22:57
A big big "Hi!" from Chity Bang chity_bang Introduce yourself 5 25th June 2007 23:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks