Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 1st November 2008, 09:05   #1
BHPian

Default The Ultimate Superbike Thread

Guys, this thread undertakes all the achivevments or modifications or speeds or whatever.... extra a person has done to his/her SBK. So lets see the snaps/videos of these achievements. India does have SBKs & whatever it is we do kill it here. Just cant stand any fool from outside saying that "oh u have roads" & "those bikes".

ZZR 1400 Ninja with B'valve timing. Lets get it on

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st November 2008 at 13:35.
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 2nd November 2008, 01:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
Guys, this thread undertakes all the achivevments or modifications or speeds or whatever.... extra a person has done to his/her SBK. So lets see the snaps/videos of these achievements. India does have SBKs & whatever it is we do kill it here. Just cant stand any fool from outside saying that "oh u have roads" & "those bikes".

ZZR 1400 Ninja with B'valve timing. Lets get it on
Well you could start by telling us about your Zee Zee R and V MAX

@Anku Your bike has also gone through a lot of Mods.

Pics along would be an added bonus for us readers.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 01:32   #3
BANNED

here is the perfect picture of my cbr 954 same its looks like this
it has:-
(1) akrapovic exhautes
(2) red bubble windscreen
(3) seat cowl
(4) red face gauage
(5) .......................
not the last its me the rider of sexy killer
Attached Images

Last edited by anku : 2nd November 2008 at 01:35.
anku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 01:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Thats a start.
Can we have Real pictures of the Bike. What are the Modifications done to it and so on.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Cool

Here goes my bike

Its a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-12R

The modifications include:

1.Arata Titanium Full exhaust(headers till the end can)
2.Gilles Rearsets.
3.Bmc Race Air filters.
4.Bears Engineering Velocity stacks custom made for a group of 15 '05 zx-12r's.Made for more for mid rpm torque.
5.Power commander with custom map for the all the mods.made on an identical bike in USA.Customised for my bike using a Zeitronix A/F ratio wideband commander.
6.Braided brake lines.
7.Wave rear rotor.
8.throttle body secondary Butterflies removed.So that the ecu has no control over the throttle.only i have it.

A few cosmetic mods.Thats about it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ultimate Superbike Thread-cimg0446.jpg  

The Ultimate Superbike Thread-cimg0447.jpg  

The Ultimate Superbike Thread-r10001nikon_6.jpg  

Last edited by navpreet318 : 2nd November 2008 at 15:38.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nav you got a looker man
the best you can have on two wheels(for me at least)
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Here goes my bike

2.Gilles Rearsets.
3.Bmc Race Air filters.
4.Bears Engineering Velocity stacks custom made for a group of 15 '05 zx-12r's.Made for more for mid rpm torque.
5.Power commander with custom map for the all the mods.made on an identical bike in USA.Customised for my bike using a Zeitronix A/F ratio wideband commander.
6.Braided brake lines.
7.Wave rear rotor.
8.throttle body secondary Butterflies removed.So that the ecu has no control over the throttle.only i have it.

I like it. All go and no show. That's how it should be. Do those rearsets help in improving the riding position? Where did you get the Arata system from?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Straight6:

Well about the rear sets.To be very true when i bought them, it was for sheer engineering beauty.I was spellbound when i saw their pics my friend in US sent me.its beautifully engineered.what machining.wow.
then after i installed them they really helped.Like +1 was that i set them in the lowest position which relaxed my legs.
secondly because they are now covered with ribber or anything,the feedback from the bike has gotten better.i know what my bike is doing in any corner.basically i'm a corner lover.i love them.so its better to know how much traction i have at any given time.

All the parts were shipped by my friend Bob Herman from USA.who like all of us here became my friend on ZX-12r.org forum website.He's been a great help.packing everything for me carefully and sending them over.you should see the packing.it'll survive a bomb blast.lol.

Oh yes incase you're wondering about the black windscreen,well it isn't a aftermarket thing.i just painted it myself with a can of black paint.done from the inside and it looks amazing.

basically not a buck spent on the looks dept.

Akshay dude thanks man.lets see when you come by again here.this time i'll give you a good ride.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 2nd November 2008 at 16:21.
Old 3rd November 2008, 10:26   #9
BHPian

Thats a fab 12R mate. Kept really well considering the parts are not easily available.
Really interested in knowing that after all the stuff put in by you, how have u utilised all that & how has she responded? Stuff like what speeds have u touched on her? Power generation etc etc
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 10:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

thanks insaneroller.
Well parts are easily available.anything i need is shipped to me in a week.thats it.thats what friends are for in US. More over i have needed no other parts other than the odd engine oil drain plug,brake pads etc. and a fairing bolt kit which my driver lost while we were installing the exhaust.
consumables like brake pads etc are very readily available as this bike has radial mounted calipers and the pads made for the litre bikes fit.i use EBC HH brake pads.

regarding the power and all.well i have no numbers as such.here i'm more interested in the acceleration etc.and corner carving.i have only used the bike on smooth hill roads to mussoorie,a few trips to rishikesh. the acceleration is really good.i mean i can out accelerate my far more experienced friend on the R1.
the midrange has improved slightly.more torque.the max impact has been on the top end.earlier the power used to start fading off reaching the rev limiter.now it keeps making more and more power till the rev limiter is reached and it hits like a wall.had i used the rev extend feature on the pc3r it would make more power.but whats the use?

the pc3r has a feature of enriching or leaning the mixture from onboard the box.which i found very useful.in hot summers i richen it up so the bike runs cooler.and now in the cold weather i have leaned it up a bit making it develop insane power.
power is insane.I do not have the guts to whack open the throttle in the first or second gear.even a slightly fast action raises the front wheel skywards.And i'm scared of that.

the 3 and a half years that i have owned it i have loved it.i have ridden many other bikes but none have scared me more than this bike.its a scary bike and it deserves respect.And i can call it the bike which has completed my circle of biking life.

Last edited by manson : 29th October 2011 at 16:01.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

well its in rishikesh.and a road leading to rishikesh.not the regular road but a new road which goes across from the jungles.its got a 5 km long dead straight road with very beautiful surface.
the other is parallel to the canal coming out from the barrage in rishikesh.smooth straight road.

Another fact is that we can hit these speeds for very few seconds.its not like we can hold these speeds.And that friend of mine with the R1 is one mad Punjabi surd.so you can imagine.he does crazy stuff on the bike.like wheelies for close to 500mts.and stoppies which i measured at 120mts.Man!crazy.i can't even imagine doing that stuff.lol.

Oh yes he isn't some 19yr old crazy kid.35yr old married guy with kids and craziness running in his blood.

Double posts.Mods please delete this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd November 2008 at 11:39. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:06   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
-

2.Gilles Rearsets.
3.Bmc Race Air filters.
6.Braided brake lines.
7.Wave rear rotor.

Thats about it? I like how you put that across. Yours is one of those handful worked on superbikes in the country, and then you say it ever so sheepishly.
Great effort bud.

And, its great to see some credit going to your friend who had all the stuff sent to you. Forums are the best thing that happened to import riders/strivers in India.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Here goes my bike

2.Gilles Rearsets.
3.Bmc Race Air filters.
6.Braided brake lines.
7.Wave rear rotor.

navpreet318: That's a creature of breathtaking beauty, Sir. If you EVER plan to part with her, please give me first refusal.

I love the performance-over-cosmetics enhancements. Enjoy away, and do ride safe.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

thank you.well i was planning to part off when it was just 6 months old.i couldn't handle all that power.but then i just kept it.its smiling face too cute to let go.worked on it.installed many things.now its the bike i'd like to keep so that my kids can boast about me when they're in kindergarten.lol.

by the way netchef,Sir,you yourself have a beautiful bike.It was for sale a while ago.Have you kept it with you?

Oh yes and "Sir" would be an overstatement to call me.Navpreet would be suffice.afterall i'm quite younger than you.

manson ji,yaar ae sheepishly ki honda hai.mai te facts likhe hain.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 3rd November 2008 at 15:50.
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Well you could start by telling us about your Zee Zee R and V MAX
Well V-max is yet to be delivered to me. But for now, I'll just put up a few stuff.

07 ZZR1400,
Titanium Heads
Micron Slip-ons
GPR V4 Damper
PC3 but unfortunately didnt match
Carbon fibre Rear Seat Cowl
Demon eyes - cant take the chance to open OEM lamps for this.
New Tyres

When you start to open a stock ZZR14/ZX14, it feels like Ok I can handle her quite easily... touch 6k rpm & you feel the sudden burst. Keep opening in the same gear & soon you'll be facing the sky. Its just changes characteristics post 6k rpm.

Now, with the help of a few buddies we set the Timing on the Secondary Butterfly Valves
Power generation now starts from 3k rpm. It way more power than what a PC3 would have given me however I still need to install the PC3 & map it properly, as of now its been manually done.
All in all, dam proud to own this beast
Attached Thumbnails
The Ultimate Superbike Thread-30102008174.jpg  

The Ultimate Superbike Thread-30102008172.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 29th October 2011 at 16:07. Reason: Cleaning up.
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote