Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 7th June 2009, 21:34   #211
BHPian

Default 6 Months later...

Today i took the test ride of my fixed MT01 ! It was a glorious moment for me. It is almost after 6months I heard the Torque Monster Roar ! I sat & I fired the engine switch & lo the monster started rolling & spitting thunder on the road. The rumble was loud enough to be heard from a far flung distance !

I could feel the adrenaline level shooting up. My heart almost pounced out when i throttled to accelerate the monster in motion. I felt the gush of wind brush past my face. Feeling thrilled like a kid; rode it for about 10-15 kms & felt most exhilarating feeling of the day !

I am now waiting to clear few formalities to take the delivery & Hope to write more & post a dozen of pix that i plan to shoot around the town to announce the rerun of MY Torque Monster
Jonny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 22:29   #212
BHPian

Anything you regret with the fixing? Is the power really the same as the new one?
Gurpartap Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 23:08   #213
BHPian

Its just the same. Very Fresh & NEW ! Almost all the outer covers have been changed along with TANK ! I rode it & felt its rumble just as the new one. Actually mostly was cosmetic repair work .
Old 8th June 2009, 06:12   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Its just the same. Very Fresh & NEW ! Almost all the outer covers have been changed along with TANK ! I rode it & felt its rumble just as the new one. Actually mostly was cosmetic repair work .
Did you get everything done from Yamaha?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 09:27   #215
BHPian

YEah Official repairs for my officially Yamaha India P L imported & sold MT01 Delhi Scooters Zindabad ! perhaps thats why all the procurement of parts thru official channel took most of the waiting time.

But why do u ask so :(

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 8th June 2009 at 09:30.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:55   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
YEah Official repairs for my officially Yamaha India P L imported & sold MT01 Delhi Scooters Zindabad ! perhaps thats why all the procurement of parts thru official channel took most of the waiting time.

But why do u ask so :(
I wanted to know how long they take to get parts for the bikes.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 23:51   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

how much did the insurance cover bro? same rules as the cars?
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 12:06   #218
BHPian

Same as for all vehicles. I will get excat schedule in a while. Most likely 50% less for plastic/glass/fiber rest metal 0% depreciation as its not over one year !
Old 9th June 2009, 14:13   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same as for all vehicles. I will get excat schedule in a while. Most likely 50% less for plastic/glass/fiber rest metal 0% depreciation as its not over one year !
thats kewl, post up the details whan poss, what were the prices of the spare parts like? am guessing, there would have been import duties on the parts ordered right?

Last edited by aadix : 9th June 2009 at 14:19.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 20:31   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
thats kewl, post up the details whan poss, what were the prices of the spare parts like? am guessing, there would have been import duties on the parts ordered right?
All this is not in my purview, Actually.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:46   #221
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back Jonny. Great to hear the MT is up and running with you back on the saddle.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:30   #222
BHPian

Thx Sammy Boy, the MT01 is Up & running but still at workshop, some formalities are left form the company for insurances clearance etc should take about 10-12 days. meanwhile i shall prepare folks at my place for the Monster coming back I just took a test ride to evaluate its repairs.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:39   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thx Sammy Boy, the MT01 is Up & running but still at workshop, some formalities are left form the company for insurances clearance etc should take about 10-12 days. meanwhile i shall prepare folks at my place for the Monster coming back I just took a test ride to evaluate its repairs.
That's great news Bravo!
Be more careful once you get it back!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 22:53   #224
Senior - BHPian

hey where's the harley handle bar??

BTW welcome back and ride safe now.Respect your bike and she'll take care of you.I've heard delhi is scorching.Come over here.We'll ride together in light showers to the cool climate of mussoorie.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 23:16   #225
BHPian

hey navpreet, thx for the invite. Riding down the highway might be a very hot soup to consume now cox dear family might not be willing to hear that from me.Will surely PM you whenever I am in D'doon next time. Delhi has its share of showers right thru the day today so its becoming very pleasant now.

PS. harley handle bar is still on some waiting Harley Bike, may be one day i lay my hands on it too along with full bike