Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 10:57   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: india
Posts: 209
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Would love to see a pic of someone sitting pillion.

Have read about a case when one of their executives sat for a ride during its launch. Was a bad experience for her.

Jonny; can we have a video. Love its exhaust note.
Impressive mileage. Wonder how much steer gets.
Video will be worked out in few more dayz. Well all days are not Sunday so not sure if every pillion will have similar experience. As it is I hate having pillion as they really are a threat to my balance when i drive !

Sorry couldnt understand " WONDER HOW MUCH THE STEER GOES" if its cut angle then be sure it has good cut angle but get very heavy when making U Turns as i have dropped it a few times doing so . I now make U turns more like a car or big truck moving back & forth in short curves so that I be safe !
Jonny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 11:31   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Wonder how much steer gets.
Never really checked. I refuel at 150 km on the odo, though on a couple of occassions I have had to ride with the low-fuel warning on - its a very unnerving experience because you really dont want to be pushing this thing around. Went upto 195 on those occassions, was still not empty though very close to. PS: Fuel tank capacity is a measely 15 litres.

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th November 2008 at 11:40.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 11:37   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 641 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Is there any MT01 owner on teamBHP board !
take a look at Steeroid's garage.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:30   #94
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NCR / Singapore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Thats one marvel of Engineering! Congrats for your beast Jhonny!
Drive Safe and Sane.
Few Queries:

1. How is the gear pattern?
2. How much is the engine oil capacity?
3. How much the engine temps vary during intensive city drivings and free highway riding?
gold_heart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 13:46   #95
BHPian
 
2StrokeJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 230
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Jonny ur review is hilarious and entertaining to read as it is honest as well. Do not want to sound preachy but please be very careful with what you have. Remember with great power comes great responsibility. Invest in good riding gear . Ride with your head on your shoulders at all times , espeically till you learn how handle your bike perfectly and even after that be careful . Mistakes happen to the best of us and on a motorcycle those mistakes can be expensive.

since u like harleys why did you not try out the new VMAX ? wouldve been fun
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 13:59   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
I enquired at few places & found out that the slider are not available in delhi/mumbai. What i was thinking was to get a lathe machine guy to make one solid aluminum/steel block which i will use a slider on both sides of tank. What i couldnt understand how will the sliders fit between the exhausts pipes & the engine compartment. as i dont see any hole or something where the screw would go in. ANY IDEA !
Please check the links we have posted a few times before. Here you go anyway:

Name:  mt01engsliderl.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  mt01engsliderr1.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  mt01engsliderr2.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  mt01framesliderl.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  mt01framesliderr.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  55.0 KB
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:30   #97
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Check this Its in Dubai though.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1068977-post3304.html

Seems MT01's get an avg for 12kmpl!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:40   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: india
Posts: 209
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Jonny ur review is hilarious and entertaining to read as it is honest as well. Do not want to sound preachy but please be very careful with what you have. Remember with great power comes great responsibility. Invest in good riding gear . Ride with your head on your shoulders at all times , espeically till you learn how handle your bike perfectly and even after that be careful . Mistakes happen to the best of us and on a motorcycle those mistakes can be expensive.

since u like harleys why did you not try out the new VMAX ? wouldve been fun
Hi 2 Stroke !

Thx (I hope you weren't meaning to pull a pun or two on me above).

Yeah man i am full head over heals on my MT01 & yes ofcource i drive with my head over shoulders i realize its a very power-packed Mill which needs all the caution. SO i do follow what is required in terms of safety gear & responsible driving behavior. I hope you saw the pix where the few gear are on show.

Thx for your views & comment.

Hi Steeroid thx again for the pix I shall try to use them for my work.

Cheers cheers:
Jonny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 01:25   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: india
Posts: 209
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Check this Its in Dubai though.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1068977-post3304.html

Seems MT01's get an avg for 12kmpl!
Heck man, should we be proud of our image being formed in Dubai or should we feel the other way round.There is a code of conduct to drive such mean machines.

One said very right "Money can buy you every thing but not class "

well i am getting close to 15+ now !
Jonny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 07:26   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Heck man, should we be proud of our image being formed in Dubai or should we feel the other way round.There is a code of conduct to drive such mean machines.

One said very right "Money can buy you every thing but not class "

well i am getting close to 15+ now !
its just like i would say you can take me out of PUNJAB but you cant take Punjab out of me
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 08:32   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Heck man, should we be proud of our image being formed in Dubai or should we feel the other way round.There is a code of conduct to drive such mean machines.

One said very right "Money can buy you every thing but not class "

well i am getting close to 15+ now !
Oh really?

So you'd call a guy wearing expensive riding gear and leathers "CLASS" even though he goes out and eve teases every girl he passes?

Class means a well groomed person.Well mannered."Sabhya Aadmi"

No one can stop a person from wearing his traditional dress anywhere in the world.
I'm proud of that Mallu in dubai for going out and riding a stupid harley.riding that harley would be a greater dent on his image than his cloths.
navpreet318 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 08:53   #102
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Oh really?

So you'd call a guy wearing expensive riding gear and leathers "CLASS" even though he goes out and eve teases every girl he passes?

Class means a well groomed person.Well mannered."Sabhya Aadmi"

No one can stop a person from wearing his traditional dress anywhere in the world.
I'm proud of that Mallu in dubai for going out and riding a stupid harley.riding that harley would be a greater dent on his image than his cloths.
Well said.
The fact that the Mallu can ride in a foreign land in his traditional clothes shows how connected he is to his roots.
I may be ignoring the riding gear necessities here, but being connected to the roots and being proud of it comes only from someone who is proud of himself, his roots which is a lot better than the pretending people around who are constantly trying to become into a different person.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 13:17   #103
BHPian
 
prabhuav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 670
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

JB dude,

Once you improve your riding skills , your mileage is gonna drop further guaranteed.

I used to get 20 on my hornet. 6 months later on some rides when I push it, I get 8

That is what happens when you ride on the redline.

Vijay
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 23:22   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: india
Posts: 209
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
JB dude,

Once you improve your riding skills , your mileage is gonna drop further guaranteed.

I used to get 20 on my hornet. 6 months later on some rides when I push it, I get 8

That is what happens when you ride on the redline.

Vijay
Well but i am really on increase towards the milage front. As i got about 10 the first tank & after about 3-4 tank ups i am over 15 now. may be i learn to drive better & increase

Will keep posting if i do up the ante of average somehow !

But riding is certainly a great comfort when in full riding gear rather then wearing some off beat traditional cloths as there by i feel connected to my roots but certainly pose a risk to my self or others around us. Drive carefully with full protection.

One can certainly show off their roots & attire off road ! One will be appreciated for their costumes rather then becoming a posting on some forum. Well i would rather stick to posting more info on my MT01 rather then anything else. As this is teamBHP !
Jonny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 00:17   #105
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 2,031 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Bravo View Post
Well i would rather stick to posting more info on my MT01 rather then anything else. As this is teamBHP !
We can hardly wait

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mod & Accessories for my Yamaha MT01 ! Jonny Bravo Superbikes & Imports 21 27th April 2009 11:32
New Bee - yamaha MT01 Jonny Bravo Superbikes & Imports 32 4th December 2008 10:26
Pics : Yamaha MT01 v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 33 26th June 2007 15:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks