Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 1st January 2011, 16:26   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr

^thats why they're the best.If you want long lasting tires one's entirely in the wrong direction.I had these last me 1200 miles per SET.Oh yes Chicken strip removal on these is an absolute hoot.They just hook on and on and on as you lean.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 17:31   #167
Team-BHP Support

The update on the tires from a good fast ride on Sunday morning and an evening town trot, they are pretty darn good. The riding experience has become far more controlled, the 954 just wants you to lean on every little corner, even the regular left and right urban corners.
It is so much easier to stick to the correct lines now, and I have noticed myself to be using a lot more surface on either side of the compared to the last set.
And they are just through the initial run in period of 100 miles, so I'm guessing they will only get better over the next couple of rides.

In the meantime, yet another replacement:
Attached Thumbnails
Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-img00337201101081451.jpg  

Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-img00425201101141131.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 18th January 2011 at 17:32.
manson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 12:20   #168

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the Private Messaging feature for contacting a user instead of entering a new post. 1x1 discussions to be taken up via PM please.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th May 2011 at 15:15.
inline4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2011, 03:58   #169
BHPian

Good going man. Seems the 954 is totally hooked up now. The 14 too, unfortunately its off season now.

Last edited by insaneroller : 25th May 2011 at 04:04.
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:25   #170
Team-BHP Support

Too much work and no riding makes the 954 upset! Travelling and newly found commitments have resulted in zilch saddle time with the 954, tsk tsk!
Rode out to town with Straight yesterday for some 'performance' ride (my longest in over two months) and the bike has hiccups between the 1800 - 3000 rpm mark, even otherwise it wasnt moving as seamlessly as before with a disticnt drop in performance.
Two things that come to my mind are clogged injectors or kaput spark plugs.
Zulfi of Bachoo motors suggested using an injector cleaning fluid with a fresh tankful of fuel to troubleshoot the clogged injectors. Any inputs anyone? Any experience with the injector cleaner?
Btw, here is a picture of the new Alpinestar SP - 2 gloves I bought a coouple of months back.
Attached Thumbnails
Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-img02263201108221533.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2011, 16:41   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Manson - From what I have experienced, Motorcycles hate being not ridden. Even mine has jerky throttle response and I believe we both have managed truck loads of carbon deposits.

More riding would fix all issues I believe, though have a look at the injector and plugs.

You guys weren't carrying a cam? Its a pleasure to look at the most beautiful 'blade (the '12 is out, though save for rims, isn't to my taste at all)

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd August 2011 at 16:42.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:08   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

More riding would fix all issues I believe, though have a look at the injector and plugs.
True, I did notice a big difference on my way back, and this was barely after 20 kms odd. Also, last month sometime the chap at the gas station topped up the Blade with regular fuel in place of Speed, another thing that may have caused the bogged throttle response.
Any first hand experience with the injector cleaning fluid though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You guys weren't carrying a cam? Its a pleasure to look at the most beautiful 'blade (the '12 is out, though save for rims, isn't to my taste at all)
You are in luck my friend, snapped two pictures from my phone when I stopped by Worli Seaface on my way home.
Attached Thumbnails
Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-img02258201108211428.jpg  

Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-img02259201108211429.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2011, 23:36   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

I am yet to sample injector cleaning fluid and my bike is on a strict diet of Speed 93 from a COCO pump.

Get plug & injector looked and due to hectic schedules & not very pleasant weather, riding is rather limited :(

Hope we all ride and log in some miles to keep ourselves at the sharp end of Motorcycling* and steed happier.

* The riding level too, takes a step back with less riding. Reflexes lessen and you sense something a miss. Less riding does take a toll I believe on both.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 07:37   #174
Senior - BHPian

My BMW K-75 fuel injected triple started running rough.

I buy the least expensive gasoline I can here in the US so it doesn't have all of the fancy fuel injector cleaners in it.

I bought a container of injector cleaner and noticed it was sized for use in autos with 15 gallon fuel tanks so I figured that about 1/5 of it would be about right for the 3+ gallon tank and poured it in.

After a ride to mix the stuff up I just rode the bike like I had been riding.
In less than 20 miles (32 km) the engines roughness was gone.
Like magic I had full power back.

My only suggestion is to look for a known brand when buying this kind of thing.
There are some brands that are little more than some diesel fuel mixed into some fuel which will do nothing. Then, there are some brands that work very well.

I used Chevron's cleaner but I don't know if it is available in India.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Zulfi of Bachoo motors suggested using an injector cleaning fluid with a fresh tankful of fuel to troubleshoot the clogged injectors. Any inputs anyone? Any experience with the injector cleaner?
I've used injector cleaners in my esteem and they work wonders. Some brands that are easily available are STP, Sonax, Iftex SystemG (at BP bunks and SysG is for petrol while SystemD is for diesel so be aware which one you buy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Btw, here is a picture of the new Alpinestar SP - 2 gloves I bought a coouple of months back.
Are these leather gloves Manson?
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 19:00   #176
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys, will give it a shot later this week for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Are these leather gloves Manson?
Yup, full-grain leather with suede palms and carbon fiber kucle protector.
Old 29th February 2012, 10:24   #177
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Had a chance to ride Manson's 954rr last evening...well, it sure made my week . I was extremely surprised at how lightweight she was, and the resultant agility. The torque at low rpms made it very easy to ride around Shivaji Park. And boy, when you spot an open piece of tarmac, all hell breaks loose. He's kept the bike in pristine condition; to a non-bike car such as me, it looks brand new. Plus, this generation's design appears to age very well. I like the after-market pipe and think it's worth every penny of the rather expensive retail price. What's a superbike without symphony to match anyways?

Thanks for the ride, Manson!

Last edited by manson : 29th February 2012 at 15:29.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 10:51   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Had a chance to ride Manson's 954rr last evening...well, it sure made my week . I was extremely surprised at how lightweight she was, and the resultant agility. The torque at low rpms made it very easy to ride around Shivaji Park. And boy, when you spot an open piece of tarmac, all hell breaks loose. He's kept the bike in pristine condition; to a non-bike car such as me, it looks brand new. Plus, this generation's design appears to age very well. I like the after-market pipe and think it's worth every penny of the rather expensive retail price. What's a superbike without symphony to match anyways?

I faintly remember you mentioning somewhere that you are planning for a 'Superbike' yourself. Are the plans still on?

I am on a similar boat, albeit smaller (looking for quarter liter stuff). Basically more or a car-er than biker, I've been bitten by the bike bug of late and looking to pick up something in the near future.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd March 2012 at 05:04. Reason: Quoted post has been edited, thanks
Abhi_Automobile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 10:53   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

GTO,
Not quite sure if many people have popped this question, So when are biting the bullet and picking up a SBK For a very passionate man about automobiles think the SBK will/might be a very good frontier to break
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 19:16   #180
Team-BHP Support

The world hasn't ended just yet and the Fireblade has been lazily sitting around in the garage besides the once in a few weeks spin. Looking forward to relive my early years of biking, I wanna start afresh, make use of all the goodies I've loaded on in the last year and a half, and I just can't wait anymore!

Having heard very good reviews of their service advisor Sagar, I had been juggling with the idea of having the Fireblade with the official service centre last few days, but placing no doubt of their competency I'm just not sure if they've still done the work I intend to have done and have decided to go with the old trusty mech for this major 25K service. For the next regular consumables service, I'd definitely head to the Honda authorised outfit.

I had left the bike with Tony last week for him to check if we needed any parts to be shipped for the service besides what I am already sitting on.
Tony says that the calipers could do with a new set of pads, and while at it he intends to pop the seals to even service the pistons. That means I am going to have to order a set of brake pads and seals for the caliper.
Hence, we have decided to break this service into two parts:

Part I
Starting tommorow, we plan to do everything besides the brakes:
  • Injector cleaning
  • Throttle body cleaning
  • Air filter cleaning
  • Oil replacement (switching to Motul 300V)
  • Oil filter replacement
  • Clutch Plates replacement (they just don't have that power in them anymore)
  • Clutch cable & springs replacement
  • Other basic stuff like setting the chain and body wash

Part II
Next week or so, when I do have the spares for the brakes in place I will drop it for a day to have them sweeped and probably get any niggles set.

And I almost forgot to mention my wife's new lid, the AGV K4. The graphics in red look very similar to those of my AGV XR 2. Here, have a look:
Attached Images

Last edited by manson : 15th March 2012 at 19:19.
manson is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote