Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 4th January 2009, 21:54   #31
BANNED

here some snaps before the spa took place.....that friend of mine did an awesome job hands off to him cheers: by the way he has been doing some great car of big shot shachin tendulker,,tata ratan and many other actors n actress......
Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-04012009307.jpg

Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-04012009308.jpg
Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-04012009309.jpg

Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-04012009310.jpg

Last edited by F50 : 2nd March 2009 at 10:15.
anku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 00:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

@Anku:The pictures seem like the ones we clicked before the wax & polish job, what say?

I will try and get some pictures in broad daylight in a day or two, the bikes look superb in person. Great job by the guys at Car Spa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Congrats Ma-n-son, now you owe me 2 plates of Chola bhatura.
Oiee Speedrun & Torquenite are around the corner, weight reduction da ki hoyega?
Come on over anytime bud, always welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Congrats Mansooon! Good change! Im sure you are loving it.

And time to change your avatar!
Thanks Priyank, dropby sometime to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats dude

The 954 is a killer bike.

Btw I am surprised to know that the Thunderace is more stable than the rr. I thought being a newer bike it must be better??
Thanks Techno, good to see another bike guy showup on the thread
By high speed stability, I was talking about stability of the motorcycle at high speeds on straights, the Thunderace would always feel extremely planted, and everytime I misjudged a bump or something odd, the Thunderace would usually not do any drama.
The newer bikes are all so much lighter and throttle sensitive which makes me presume a rider would usually hafta put in a little extra effort to keep the bike straight if it went over any unexpected bump, suraface, speedbreaker.

But, knowing you, I am almost certain you were probably thinking about high speed handling through curves and not straight line boring stretches.
In this regard, from what I have ridden (not that i can lean too much anyways) the 954 handles like a babe and is mostly in sync even with the latest offerings.
Do everything perfectly and the 954 will be the nicest you have experienced, but a foot wrong and you will have have to make the corrective moves yourself, apparently the upgraded fireblade, the 2004 1000rr was more forgiving but not as wild child of a bike like the 954.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 5th January 2009 at 00:12.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 01:59   #33
BHPian

congrats with the bike. Rr ide safe
paras211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 07:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manmeet!Way to go! What an amazing way to start the year.
As always, ride safe and enjoy the beauty!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 09:12   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By high speed stability, I was talking about stability of the motorcycle at high speeds on straights, the Thunderace would always feel extremely planted, and everytime I misjudged a bump or something odd, the Thunderace would usually not do any drama.
The newer bikes are all so much lighter and throttle sensitive which makes me presume a rider would usually hafta put in a little extra effort to keep the bike straight if it went over any unexpected bump, suraface, speedbreaker.
Yes More weight, more stability, more planted feel

Quote:
But, knowing you, I am almost certain you were probably thinking about high speed handling through curves and not straight line boring stretches.
Yeah thats what I meant.

The 954 & the 929 are amongst my favorites from yesteryears

Btw I am bad with Model years, is it a 2002 one? Does it have a damper?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 10:00   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Btw I am bad with Model years, is it a 2002 one? Does it have a damper?
The 954 was in production only for two years, 2002 and 2003. There were no changes or upgrades between the two years though. Mine is a 2002 spec.
Bikefreak's current 954 is a 2003 spec.

Do not have a damper, have been checking ebay regularly for a good deal on one. I am not entirely sure what are its advantages though, next time we meet I shall remind you to explain in detail.

manson.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:03   #37
BHPian

Hey, what terrific news. Ride safe and enjoy the beast. She's ravishing. I met a Raging Red & Black Busa last night and was drooling all over the lawn.

Quote:
Congrats dude

The 954 is a killer bike.

Btw I am surprised to know that the Thunderace is more stable than the rr. I thought being a newer bike it must be better??
I've ridden neither, but surmise that it's got something to do with the extra weight the Thunderace carries as well as the raison de etre of the machine itself: in the case of the 'Ace- clearly a 'sports touring' mandate as compared with the outright 'sports' of the Blade. Such vision results in slower steering from the longer wheelbase and the steering rake, hence better straight line stability.
In the old days, they added to 'stability' with larger dia wheels as well which I believe contributed a 'gyroscopic' effect due to the extra rotating tyre mass.
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 12:05   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not entirely sure what are its advantages though, next time we meet I shall remind you to explain in detail.
Well its essentially there to avoid tank slappers. And since you felt less stability with the bike I was wondering if getting one would help

Why You need A Steering Damper

Some more info

Quote:
What do “Steering dampers” do?

A steering damper is a miniature shock absorber for your steering. They look a lot like precision built versions of a screen door closing rod. It will attach on one end to the frame, and the other to some point which is steered, usually one of the triple clamps. (I’ve seen them attached to the fork tube below the upper triple clamp as well.)
They will slow down steering input, and their primary benefit is found on bikes which get their front wheels light or off the ground altogether under acceleration. They’ll help prevent you from turning the wheel while it’s light/off and thus produce a wiggle, wobble, or tank-slapper when the wheel is loaded up again.
When there is a large differential between the width of the front and rear tires, there is an increasing chance of a “tank-slapper” when you hit a bump in a corner. Now, to be fair, many times this is more a result of incorrect suspension settings or wrong tire air pressures. But having a great disparity between tire widths enhances the chances. Now, you don’t want a huge wide front, or your steering will feel like that of an old worm-and-roller work truck. You don’t want too narrow of a rear because then you would not have the traction to lay down the power in some of the more brutal sport bike motors. And lastly, having a large disparity in tire width makes a bike more responsive in steering turn-in. So a compromise is struck, basically. Sometimes, people (or manufacturers) push things too far in one direction for ultimate stability, and that’s where a steering damper becomes useful in preventing tank-slappers from growing out of control

Source
Old 5th January 2009, 15:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Do not have a damper, have been checking ebay regularly for a good deal on one. I am not entirely sure what are its advantages though, next time we meet I shall remind you to explain in detail.

manson.
I have a GPR V4 damper on my 14R mainly due to the wonderful road condition & helps to prevent any killer wobble beyond speeds of 220kmph & above. My damper has 21clicks & i've set it on 6 for general riding. It will be on 15 or 16 during the drags/speedrun.
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 15:44   #40
Team-BHP Support

Cool Some fresh pictures!

Quickly sqeezed in a few pictures before I left to work this morning, will post a few more through the weekend.

Name:  DSCN0129 Small.JPG
Views: 2317
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  DSCN0136 Small.JPG
Views: 2345
Size:  65.1 KB

Name:  DSCN0141 Small.JPG
Views: 1972
Size:  53.6 KB

Name:  DSCN0142 Small.JPG
Views: 2171
Size:  62.0 KB

Last edited by F50 : 2nd March 2009 at 10:18.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:47   #41
BHPian

Thumbs up congrats on your new year gift

hey buddy
loads of best wishes and congrats on the new year gift
im sure your gona enjoy the gift to the core
would love to see it in real some time
and thanks for the preview of the ICE of your innova
had helped me do the ICE on my car
happy ridin
Ram
pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 15:49   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow she looks hot

Btw which exhaust does she sport doesnt look Stock.

The crash bobbins are new to me as I have mostly seen the black rubber ones, are these all metal?

Btw whose bike is the other one? Straight 6's?
Old 5th January 2009, 15:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME , and thats just the beginning . Beautiful ride Manson. Hows the experience so far?

edit: Was about to ask u about the exhaust but techno has already done so
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 16:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow she looks hot

The crash bobbins are new to me as I have mostly seen the black rubber ones, are these all metal?

That's a Yoshimura TRS titanium exhaust. That 600 RR isn't mine. It belongs to a guy in Manmeets building and sounds killer with its Devil pipe.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 16:36   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
hey buddy
loads of best wishes and congrats on the new year gift
im sure your gona enjoy the gift to the core
would love to see it in real some time
and thanks for the preview of the ICE of your innova
had helped me do the ICE on my car
happy ridin
Ram
Thanks Ram, I'm glad a demo of the Innova's ICE could be of help to you. See ya around.

Quote:
Wow she looks hot
Ooooh thanks!

Quote:
Its a Yoshimura TRS slipon in Titanium finish, quieter than my Devil on the Thunderace, but sounds good nevertheless.

Quote:
Yeah, they are all metal, and they get really hot after a decent ride. I love the crash bobbins on Bikefreak's current 954 (they're red), they are almost perfectly colour coded.

Quote:
The 954 in the first set of pictures belongs to Anku.
The CBR 600rr you see in the background (again the same colour sceheme as my 954) belongs to someone in my building. Its one of the earlier imports, 2004 spec and runs a terrific sounding loud Devil exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
AWESOME , and thats just the beginning . Beautiful ride Manson. Hows the experience so far?
I'm glad you like the pictures Sammy.

manson.