Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 5th January 2009, 16:50   #46
BHPian

Hey Manson - congrats on the new bike.
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 17:07   #47
BHPian

Been waiting for this thread and pictures to tell the story. Way to go, Brother. Get nice and comfortable with her before you take her to heaven and back (not literally :P). Ride safe.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 17:55   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the info Manson

Hoping to see her in person sometime
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 18:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Do not have a damper, have been checking ebay regularly for a good deal on one. I am not entirely sure what are its advantages though, next time we meet I shall remind you to explain in detail.

manson.
First thing first, Heartiest congratulations to you buddy.
&
About the steering damper, I havent ridden your bike but i'v had this scary
experince with Ankus 954 and I REQUEST you to please get 2 Dampers (thats 1 for you & the other for Anku) If you still have any doubts (to install a damper or not) please call me.

God Bless you with safe rides. Its one hell of a fire cracker & wont let you down.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th January 2009 at 18:30. Reason: Fixed quote
chintan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 19:34   #50
Team-BHP Support

Another picture of Anku's 954 while at the Car Spa, all shined up:
Attached Images

manson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 22:37   #51
BHPian

WoW..!! That's a beautiful sight with the twins Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
... helps to prevent any killer wobble beyond speeds of 220kmph & above. My damper has 21clicks & i've set it on 6 for general riding...
Really gotta ask you as to how many times have you been able to actually ride on that kinda speed ?? :P can't imagine Indian roads (atleast here in Delhi ) anywhere near to be a platform for such a thrill..
keep it safe..

J.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 11:40.
jsmonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 23:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

So this bikes got a Stage 1/2/3?? Power commander right..?? Manson..??
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 00:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
Really gotta ask you as to how many times have you been able to actually ride on that kinda speed ?? :
J.
You will be really surprised to know that its very very often for IR. Just imagine, how much practice one must be doing whose targeting to cross 200mph.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 04:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
Really gotta ask you as to how many times have you been able to actually ride on that kinda speed ?? :P can't imagine Indian roads (atleast here in Delhi ) anywhere near to be a platform for such a thrill..
keep it safe..

J.
Mate, going above 220kmph on a SBK aint a rare sight at all. I do that on city roads early mornings, or even during the day if I get to start off from a particular signal and I aint even a pro rider. Infact, noida has the perfect roads to hit those speeds.

@dipen, you are spot on mate. My target is tough, even though I have a bike capable of those speeds. Alot of settings, trial runs etc etc have been going on. But for sure it'll happen soon. The road has been identified, just need to get the proper setting to hit 325kmph (200mph)
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 11:40   #55
BHPian

And which city roads do you do that in Mumbai? They are heavily crowded all round the clock and you are calling for a really big nuisance. Please don't try that on City Roads.

Enuf of OT. Now, Back to Manson's thread.

Quote:
Mate, going above 220kmph on a SBK aint a rare sight at all. I do that on city roads early mornings, or even during the day if I get to start off from a particular signal and I aint even a pro rider. Infact, noida has the perfect roads to hit those speeds.

@dipen, you are spot on mate. My target is tough, even though I have a bike capable of those speeds. A lot of settings, trial runs etc etc have been going on. But for sure it'll happen soon. The road has been identified, just need to get the proper setting to hit 325kmph (200mph)
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 13:33   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
And which city roads do you do that in Mumbai? They are heavily crowded all round the clock and you are calling for a really big nuisance. Please don't try that on City Roads.

Enuf of OT. Now, Back to Manson's thread.
If I were to mention the road I would have, plus I aint stupid to rip on a crowded street. I value my bike & my life so dont worry. Do you own a SBK, if you do then, I dont know how you could ask me that, as 200kmph aint a huge task at all & does require long stretches. Yup, enough of this topic.

So manson, when do we ride out buddy? Thats a killer machine.
insaneroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 15:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Nice acquisition Manson. 3weeks without a liter bike and you could not handle it eh?

It must be so cool to ride along Ankus 954, esp with 954s being not so common.

Ride hard, Ride safe.

Not sure if I missed the regular question on price. If you dont mind sharing with a humble biker, please PM me. just trying to get a feel of SBK pricing in India
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 16:03   #58
BHPian

OYe manson! congrats mate! Just make sure you dont ride this one alot. For men..in particular this one is known as the baby squisher..watch those thighs mate.. LOL! Great bike!
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 16:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
OYe manson! congrats mate! Just make sure you dont ride this one alot. For men..in particular this one is known as the baby squisher..watch those thighs mate.. LOL! Great bike!
Nothing compared to an '07 R1 I ride!
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 20:51   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

So manson, when do we ride out buddy? Thats a killer machine.
Thanks Tojo.
The weekend ride, errrm coming Sunday I was hoping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Nice acquisition Manson. 3weeks without a liter bike and you could not handle it eh?

It must be so cool to ride along Ankus 954, esp with 954s being not so common.
Thanks Iron. Those three weeks I would feel like a lost soul everytime I saw a superbike, or even logged on to a couple of other sportbike forums.
I just did not know which direction to look, sports tourer, superbike, try going down on a super sport. Ask Anku and S6, they'd tell you the continous change in plans, prefrences.

Riding alongside Anku, lol, that is super fun, really. On a normal day, two superbikes moving together would get super attention, two almost identical bikes exhibit even more attitude and if we could say in Punjabi slang 'show shaa'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
For men..in particular this one is known as the baby squisher..watch those thighs mate.. LOL! Great bike!
Thanks for the wishes micky!
For back then, the 954 was a really 'hot' bike, but compare it to the newer bikes and I think its the same, if not slightly cooler.
As for me, the heat hasn't yet got to me but then i haven't ridden too much either. This is one aspect of the bike I have been wondering about mainly due to its heating attrivues mentioned in every review that I have read till date.

manson.
manson is online now   Reply With Quote