Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 25th February 2009, 17:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

Nice bike Manson. Nice pose too
Remember, drive safely bro!!...and yes, when do i get a ride??
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 13:34   #107
Team-BHP Support

Ram, thanks for the good words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wicked looking bike! The red stripes give it a killer look. Nice positioning with the Team-BHP sticker.
Yup, the clear sticker, and the red stripes have blended in perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Remember, drive safely bro!!...and yes, when do i get a ride??
Thanks gogi, just dropby whenever you get time from your social escapades around my place

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 14:37   #108
Senior - BHPian

A video of the 954 without the exhaust.

straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 15:03   #109
Team-BHP Support

The buildup on the exhaust, the Yoshi sounded good, but just like just another aftermarket exhaust.
After a few weeks of looking for a good deal on a slipon, a few phonecalls to Yoshimura, S6 and I were somewhat convinced that there could have been a 6" insert in the pipe which Yoshimura sometimes uses instead of a normal baffle.
Yoshimura on two occasions were supposed to send me a diagram of the exhaust, but have not recieved a single email from them till date. The support from Yoshimura on this has been inadequate.

So Monday morning S6 took the bike down to the mech and had the rivets opened to lookup for an insert which was not there, so instead we decided to empty the glass wool to make the most out of the Yoshimura pipe.
The job was exceuted well, the exhaust note is superb now besides the slight resonating sound at the tip but we're hoping that would go in a few weeks once the carbon builds up around the tip.
The exhaust note has changed dramatically since Monday, and it sounds like a full on race bike now while climbing the rpm range.

NOW THE BEST PART:
S6 just a few minutes back disclosed to me that the bike is indeed running a 3/4th system from Yoshimura, right upto the 'Y' pipe. Its got the Yoshimura brand mark and everything on the 'Y' pipe too
I have been smiling endlessly the last few minutes thinking how stupid I would have been if indeed I had managed to swap the Yoshimura slipon for something else.

manson.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:56   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

There are 2 954's in B'lore like Anku's.
With Akrapovic exhaust !
cheers !!
both the bikes below are different !
Attached Images

manishasrani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 16:27   #111
Team-BHP Support

Way too many 954s popping off late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
both the bikes below are different !
The first bike has the tank and front fairing from the 2003 colour scheme, while the side fairing and the tail section belong to the 2002 colours.

manson.
Old 26th February 2009, 16:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
true. He really looks the part of man-son aka mard ka bachcha.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 17:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The first bike has the tank and front fairing from the 2003 colour scheme, while the side fairing and the tail section belong to the 2002 colours
That bike is for sale on xbhp too.

If you noticed, both those bikes have the broad OEM pipe like anku's where the can bolts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
So Monday morning S6 took the bike down to the mech
And this is what I got after that ride .
Attached Thumbnails
Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-img_0347.jpg  

Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-img_0348.jpg  

Last edited by straight6 : 26th February 2009 at 17:30.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 19:06   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
And this is what I got after that ride .
Correction. That happened when you decided to take long detour to Juhu on your way back from the mech :P

manson.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:24   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

wow nice additions to bike

Btw just out of the curiosity whats the price range for a good 954 (just want to know a broad range)
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 14:28   #116
BHPian

Nice Ride... Color combination is great suits the whole bodyline
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 15:40   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
wow nice additions to bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Nice Ride... Color combination is great suits the whole bodyline
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw just out of the curiosity whats the price range for a good 954 (just want to know a broad range)
Anywhere between 5.25 - 5.75L with reasonably clean paperwork and good condition. A lot depends on the source through which you acquire the bike.

manson.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:28   #118
BHPian

Just love the red stripes and the exhaust!!
jsmonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:14   #119
Team-BHP Support

Loads of updates to load this thread with, but been caught up with work last few months or been lazy when I have had the time.
The 954 is running stronger than ever. The blade looks as stunning as it always did, but now she and I have started to share some sort of bond. Earlier it was more like I had just begun dating this random really sexy chick, now things are getting to another level altogether.

The recent a la' post monsoon comprehensive service a few weeks back has made the engine really smooth, and the gearshifts typically 'Honda' smooth.
The engine now idles at a comfortable shade less than 1000 rpm compared to the sligtly marginally higher reading it indicated for a brief period before it went in for the service.
I have had the oil changed to Motul 5100 15W50 semi synthetic oil, and the plan is to change to the 300V next time around as recommended by quite a few people. Had the filter changed to the K&N.
I was pleasantly surprised to find a K&N element within the airbox saving me some moolah for quite a while. Was dirty to say the least though, a good cleanup and I'm sure its contributing to the smooth power delivery of the blade now.
A few weeks back I did a Sunday ride with a couple of others, and the power delivery was more crisp than it had been in recent times.
Last couple of weeks the 954 has been getting me more attention that it always did, to a point where a 'PYT' brought down traffic in one of the bandra bylanes to a halt while we exchanged a couple of lines. Too bad I was overwhelmed by her response and forgot to think beyond those moments of fame :P

I've got a few things to get in order to perfectify her.
The rear tire seems to be fagged out and loses pressure in a couple of days down from 42 t 20-24 psi, dropping down to 18 psi when not ridden for a fea days. I have to get this checked, and I'm hoping this would not mean a rear tire replacement. The only good side to this is that I will have the wheels dropped for power coating if the replacement needs to come along.

The battery is another irritant at the moment, loses charge overnight, but starts perfectly through the day after a half a decent initial jump start. What I am failing to understand is that if the battery was ok and had just lost its charge, then it probably would have worked well after a 40 km run to town and back last weekend. Any opinions on this? At the moment the battery is at a local battery store getting charged, lets see how it works post install. Orelse this is going to mean more money for a Yuasa.

There is a khat sound from the centre of the bike when the bike is somewhat hot and goes through a bump. This was present even before the service, but Tony could not get to it as this happens only when the bike is reasonably hot. Any suggestions on this one? DKG??
I've even ordered a pair of stomp grip for the 954, which I hope is going to help in the bump city condtions.

At work now, and the words aren't really flowing just yet. Will update soon enough though with updates on the above work.

manson.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:34   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to read the updates Manson

There could be 2 issues with battery

1) Its going weak(one or more weak cells)
2) Its not getting charged properly which means the RR/rectifier or similar unit is faulty.

Where exactly is this khat sound coming from? I mean Exhaust or near belly or somewhere else?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote