Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 3rd November 2009, 18:53   #121
Team-BHP Support

Techno, I am so hoping its not the rectifier unit man.
The khat sound is from below the belly pan.

What do you think of the rear tire loseing pressure? S6 suggests it could even be a bent rim.

manson.
manson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:00   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah changing a battery would be much easy

Hmm may be some part is getting loose due to heat near belly pan?

Tire loosing air could be due to any of the following -

- Faulty valve
- Small puncture
- Bent rim
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:10   #123
Team-BHP Support

Ok, the battery is back from charging and I just cranked the 954 up, she startd without any lag, just how it ideally should.
Lets see how long is chugs along, if it works for a week I'll deem everything being back in place. Fingers crossed.
Techno, I'm going to have the mech lookup the internals as you suggested. The fairing and other externals could not be wrong because everything was opened up for the wash, and the sound was there beforethe service and s there aafter it too.
The rear tire hopefully through the week.

manson.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:37   #124
Senior - BHPian

This is something I've had to deal with on two occassions, since I got my SV. The last time I changed the battery, everything seemed ok and I used to ride the bike on and off.A fair gap in riding,and starting the bike would be a pain to deal with. Recently changed the battery again, and now it works like a charm! Given the good weather now, I hope to be able to ride a bit more this winter!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:48   #125
Team-BHP Support

Hey Nitin, long time.
How long did the first battery that you change last you on the SV?

manson.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:09   #126
BHPian

In case ur air loss problem is not solved, consider this possibility.
Sometimes tiny stones / gravel get trapped between the tyre & the rim causing gradual air loss. This could be rectified if you deflate the tyre, clean the area and re-inflate the tyre after putting a solution at the junction. I had a similar problem with my previous 954

About the sound . . .
MAYBE ur chain is slightly loose and when things heat up they expand and when u hit a bump, the chain hits something. When u examine it otherwise, everything would seem to be in order. Just tighten the chain and give it a try.

The battery of 'my' (relatively new and hardly run) 07 R1 needed to be charged every couple of months at an exide dealer if I did not run it regularly. These high performance bikes crank up only when the battery is full of juice . And short spins in the city do not really charge the battery (and actually discharge it further) because of the frequent running of the radiator fan. Proper charging happens only during long runs.

Just my views
Cheers.

Last edited by bikefreak : 16th December 2009 at 15:16.
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 21:19   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Hey Nitin, long time.
How long did the first battery that you change last you on the SV?

manson.
IIRC,it lasted almost a year,and during that time the bike was hardly used.By hardly,I mean an occassional ride ever other week,and about 20-25miles at the most.On an average, these batteries last anywhere b/w 2-4years.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 09:48   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Cool helmet of Vale and Congrats Manson,
any long rides with Ashu & bikefreak?
would love to see a log & pics
wish you best of moments with the babe
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 01:12   #129
Team-BHP Support

It has been crazily long since I posted on the fireblade. It is quite funny how that single perfectly smooth downshift to second and balanced power from a whacked open throttle can keep taking your mind back to the machine.

The sound I was referring to in my last couple of posts on this thread seems to have vanished a long time ago.

Had the battery charged at a local store and its working fine now. Have ordered an OEM Yuasa replacement for backup just incase I need one.

Had a cooling system glitch recently which Gerard helped me with, a big thanks to him for helping me troubleshoot that.

The bike is at the mech as I type, having the cooling system bled for any air bubbles that may have remained within the hoses causing restraint in circulation of coolant through the system.
There was a lot of rashes on the front rim courtesy Mumbai roads, and I've asked the mech to paint the wheels to a nice glossy black.

The front fancy windscreen has developed a wee small crack on one of the top corners thanks to one of the chotus at the mech. This Sportech V Flow is too pimp (and expensive for what it does) to disengage for a tiny snag like that, and I dont have the heart to spend a fortune again over some more plastic stuff.

Besides the above, the blade is running as strongly as ever, brakes are working great and the power delivery is crisp.

There are a couple absolute trick parts that I've got my hands on which I shall update the thread with as and when I drop them onto the 954 over the next few weeks.
Looking to get a good pair of street gloves as my current pair of Fieldsheer have skimmed down drastically causing goosebumps when holding on for longer duration without much movement.

Apologies for the point by point update, just not good with writing blogs especially when writing after so long.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 14th July 2010 at 01:13.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:25   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It has been crazily long since I posted on the fireblade. It is quite funny how that single perfectly smooth downshift to second and balanced power from a whacked open throttle can keep taking your mind back to the machine.
Yup, it has been long.

Quote:
The sound I was referring to in my last couple of posts on this thread seems to have vanished a long time ago.
Good, Glad to hear this.

Quote:
The front fancy windscreen has developed a wee small crack on one of the top corners thanks to one of the chotus at the mech. This Sportech V Flow is too pimp (and expensive for what it does) to disengage for a tiny snag like that, and I dont have the heart to spend a fortune again over some more plastic stuff.
Sometimes they get on my goat too, but then you can't do much.
Get a puig or hotbodies instead.

Quote:
Besides the above, the blade is running as strongly as ever, brakes are working great and the power delivery is crisp.
Ahh, love it.

Quote:
There are a couple absolute trick parts that I've got my hands on which I shall update the thread with as and when I drop them onto the 954 over the next few weeks.
Please make it fast.
Quote:
Looking to get a good pair of street gloves as my current pair of Fieldsheer have skimmed down drastically causing goosebumps when holding on for longer duration without much movement.
PRS' Joe Rocket's pricing is on par with US pricing of Joe Rocket(official web-site).

Quote:
Apologies for the point by point update, just not good with writing blogs especially when writing after so long.
Please bolt on the trick parts and treat us with pics and text.
Waiting
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 12:16   #131
BHPian

"Looking to get a good pair of street gloves as my current pair of Fieldsheer have skimmed down drastically causing goosebumps when holding on for longer duration without much movement."

I have a pair of gloves picked up from DreamBikes, which hasn't been used for quite some time now. They are yours if you want them, got knuckle protectors et'all.
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 13:01   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I have a pair of gloves picked up from DreamBikes, which hasn't been used for quite some time now. They are yours if you want them, got knuckle protectors et'all.
Manish, you havent gotten back to bikes post the CB400? Thats a sweet offer, appreciate it.
I'm a size L, would you have a picture of the gloves?

Pictures of the swingarm spools and the new Harris grips that I got a few months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Manson's new ride - Honda CBR 954rr-20022010503.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th July 2010, 13:14   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Manish, you havent gotten back to bikes post the CB400? Thats a sweet offer, appreciate it.
I'm a size L, would you have a picture of the gloves?

Pictures of the swingarm spools and the new Harris grips that I got a few months ago.
I did not find a good bike in the 400 segment. There was one Kwack in Pune which went off so quick I could not even see it once.
Anyways, I won't be buying from the grey market anymore. The service & spares is a real pain to get in Pune, even with Sherry.
The gloves I have are "L" size. I don't have a picture, but try this link
Alpinestars SP-2 Gloves : Black - Rs5,990.00 sorry, did not intend to put the priceing in there, just copied the link.
Let me know if you have no issues using them. I will courier them to you, but next week, am leaving for Goa tom.

Last edited by mb_jg : 14th July 2010 at 13:17.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:18   #134
Team-BHP Support

I'd be incredibly stupid to let your offer pass, those are some nice gloves for the colder (read riding) months of the year.

manson.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:22   #135
BHPian

Quote:
I'd be incredibly stupid to let your offer pass, those are some nice gloves for the colder (read riding) months of the year.

manson.
Yeah the gloves keep your fingers pretty warm on cold days. Let me know where u want these, will send them via courier sometime next weekend.