Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 16th June 2005, 00:16   #1
BHPian

Default how many 400's in here

hey guys , i just needed to know ,how many guys in here have 400's plz let me know coz need sum help man
luver@cbr-rr's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 00:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rtech has recently bought a sparkling red Ninja ZZR 400 97 model
dan400 has a early nineties CBR400
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2005, 00:59   #3
BHPian

i am planning to pick a suzuki gsx 400 inline pretty soon'
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2005, 10:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hey fieroid! Where'd you find a gixxer 400? haven't seen any around here...ever!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2005, 00:48   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Hey fieroid! Where'd you find a gixxer 400? haven't seen any around here...ever!
i will try to post te pics once the bike is ready.....its a 400gsx-R
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2005, 21:23   #6
BHPian

hey guys , i wanted some advice on keeping my bike away from rust man .any solutions on sprays available for monsoons . need some tips to care of my baby during momnsoons .asap cheers
luver@cbr-rr's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2005, 21:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

@Rtech ,If you dont mind , can you post details of your deal on your ride ?
And if you have posted your pics in some thread , post the link ,or the pics .
I have seen yr bike pics when its getting wet i the rain during the T-bhp meet.But look like some more close up pics.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2005, 12:27   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i wanted some advice on keeping my bike away from rust man .any solutions on sprays available for monsoons .
The monsoon's are bad for our bikes. I have managed to find a semi covered area where I park my bike under a cover. I make sure it is cleaned everyday (if it's not raining), start it everyday, let it idle till its normal temp. and switch it off. I make sure I ride it atleast 2-3 times a week. The worse thing is not using it.

I then cover the exhausts with plastic bags to keeps any water out. I spray all metal parts with WD40 and wipe and leave it on. Also spray WD40 on all switches and cables as well as in the spark plug caps. This keeps off the rust and ensures things don't get jammed up.

If you do not use the bike for long, disconnect the battery and keep it on a trickle charge if possible. Also ensure that you pump the brakes a few times regularly to keep the rubber seals from sticking. Make sure you turn the wheels as well, as keeping them in one spot will cause the metal threads to bend and also your chain to get a tight spot.

Dipen, here is a pic on which Mr. Rudra has worked his magic!! Haven't managed any other pics except what you see on the Alibagh thread.

Last edited by Rtech : 5th July 2005 at 12:30.
Old 5th July 2005, 13:15   #9
Team-BHP Support

Phenomenal job Rudra!!! One of the best ones ive seen....

Rtech, i see you are taking severe precautions, but isnt it also true that in addition to letting the bike idle and warm up every so often, you should also occasionally take it on a long ride so that it really heats up the silencers and gets all the trapped & evil moisture out of there ? (*hint hint* :P )

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2005, 13:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but isnt it also true that in addition to letting the bike idle and warm up every so often, you should also occasionally take it on a long ride so that it really heats up the silencers and gets all the trapped & evil moisture out of there ?
Absolutely! that's why i said "I make sure I ride it atleast 2-3 times a week. The worse thing is not using it. "

Quote:
(*hint hint* :P )
Sorry, didn't get the hint as I'm extremely stupid when it comes to these things

BTW, I didn't know you rode bikes anyways?
Old 5th July 2005, 13:56   #11

@rtech where did u get wd40 i looked in vashi but could not find it most people didnt even know what i was talking about and i hate the colour of the anti rust coatings

on a sidenote i was smoked yesterday by a 150(?)gsx-R at the begening of palm beach, i thought it was a fake because the rider was not wearing a helmet.
chittibells2005 is offline   Reply With Quote