Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 10th January 2010, 01:36   #1

Default Bogus Superbike for sale Ads ... Beware of these Cheats !!

There are many bogus people on many websites/Portals selling bikes at unusual prices, These prices are so low that you are bound to get attracted to them and fall prey to them.

Please beware of these ads and please look at the Photos of the bikes in the ads. Please see the background and the environment in the pics, Many pics show foreign locations but they say it is India... See the background cars, footpaths, roads, villas etc in the pics so that you can be sure if the pics are Indian or from some foreign site.

One such ad selling a BMW F650GS is:

BMW F 650 GS For Sale, noida, India 2469568

This guy is a cheat ... i traced his phone number and it happened to be some african number. These people give you such convincing stories that you tend to fall prey to them. This guy calls himself as an English man , but doesnt know to speak proper english.....

The modus operandi is that you have to deposit an advance in their bank account to have a look at the bike. Once you do that in haste and excitement .. You will never be able to trace that guy back.

So i am making a new thread, where if you happen to come across some ad like this then please report it here with the link so that innocent and genuine buyers dont fall for it and lose money.

Regards,
D-Man.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 14:02   #2
BHPian

oh yes there are so many of them on the net. youhave to be very sure of the person and the documents before you buy a imported bike.
bhogalrajnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 23:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes, of late we have seen many such lousy ads promising sale of imports at mouth-watering prices. Cheats apart their are some pranksters, too. I can understand cheats; they are out to make a quick buck. But what about pranksters? What motive do they have? Do they get some sadistic pleasure getting your hopes high to own one and then throwing cold water on your dream. I fell for one such ad. when I called the guy up, he turned out to be a guy who is not even remotely connected to the bike. He was furious that some one played a prank and posted his mobile no., as a result of which he was flooded with calls enquiring about a bike he has never heard of.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 12:40   #4

Please post the links of such bogus ads so genuine buyers can stay safe ...

Regards,
Devang Rachh.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote