Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 5th June 2014, 08:43   #196
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
abarsenal,

How come your PM is not on ?
PM is activated for new members only after they complete 25 posts

Congratulations on becoming a BRAT....Now this sounds really Harley'sh

Thats a huge number of bikes on the ride. 20+?

Iam sure it must have been great fun. Just curious, what is the typical number of kms that BRATs ride on weekends? Asking since Chickballapur is hardly 25kms from Devenahalli

Ram, Would love to see your pic astride your bike. Please post one soon!!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 11:20   #197
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
Its my pleasure to announce, Ram sir is officially a BRAT . We did meet and joined other BRATs ride to Hotel Kamat near Chikkaballapur.

Here's a pic of all bikes from the ride.
Arun, thanks !!!. Thanks to TBHPian R K San and his brother Satish. It was interesting to learn the reason of BRAT and not RAT as Triumph riders associations are known world over (a lot of owners did'nt want to be called a RAT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
PM is activated for new members only after they complete 25 posts

Congratulations on becoming a BRAT....Now this sounds really Harley'sh

Thats a huge number of bikes on the ride. 20+?

Iam sure it must have been great fun. Just curious, what is the typical number of kms that BRATs ride on weekends? Asking since Chickballapur is hardly 25kms from Devenahalli

Ram, Would love to see your pic astride your bike. Please post one soon!!!
Thanks Avi.

I have been seeing Abarsnel's posts for some time I forgot to look at his number of posts.

No way it will be Harley'sh. It was a mixed group with Ninjas, CBRs, K13900 and the like. Yes the initiative is led by Keerti Triumph.

Hey, Arun didn't say that the ride was only till Chickbellapur. Most of the riders went on to Lepakshi, which would make the ride about 130 KM, one way, from our starting point (op Esteem Mall near Hebbal Flyover). Even Chickballapur Kamat is at about 70 KM from our starting point

Unfortunately, todate there is no picture of me on my bike, so I can't oblige you. But the following pictures are from the ride.

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0924a.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0925a.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0926a.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0927a.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0928a.jpg
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0929a.jpg

Talking of being Harley'sh, I thought this was little too much !!! A case of being more American than the Americans themselves !!!

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_0930a.jpg

A beutiful Machine, but terribly distarcted by the display.

(A group of Harleys had rode in to Kamat Chikballpur, when we were about to leave - I don't think they were the Tusker Harley HOGs - who were to go to DD Hills that day)

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 17:14   #198
Team-BHP Support

Nice pictures Ram !!

In a few pictures, I see a black bonnie with handle bar mirrors.

Would you know how comfortable they are? Do they create problems while taking turns or at a different angle?

I mean are they as good as stock?

Stock Mirrors
1. Perfectly position
2. Doesnt move/shake even at high speeds
3. Best of all, I can still see objects behind me at high speeds ( CL 500 mirrors work maximum till 70-80kmph, post which everything is a blur

If you do not have experience of using them. Could you please check with that particular bonnie rider next time you ride and seek this feedback and let me know?

Muchas Gracias!!!
Old 5th June 2014, 20:41   #199
Senior - BHPian

Will Check with a Bonney owner here, about his experience about the handle bar end mirrors.

I fully endorse what you are saying about stock mirrors.

I have experienced the Bar end mirrors with Thruxton, for which those are perfectly positioned.

Personally, in the long run, I think I would not be comfortable as I am comfortable only when I know that the bike's width is with in my hand position while riding, Though turning angle would not be an issue.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 5th June 2014 at 20:42.
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 13:14   #200
Senior - BHPian

Default Solo on the Road

Bonnie has been out of action since beginig of May 2014. So on Saturday, 9th Aug, decided to give her a much deserved outing. Few messages to my regular buddies brought in negative response, being on a Saturday and also as most of them had rides planned for the next day being Sunday.

So It was a solo trip - about 2.5 hours including a breakfast stop over through Nandi Hills - back roads to Chikbellapur - Kamat - Bage Palli - back about 190 kms. our at 6.00 am & back in by 8.30 am.

Bonnie started at the 1st crank and soon was purring like a sweet kitten she is. I have a feeling that since the Flash with the 91 Ron tune, the bike has become even more smooth in India as well. May be the fact I am now trying to stick to Shell Super may have something to with this as well.

Few pics of bike in Nanadi Hills. The whether there was simply beutiful in particular there and also in the back roads.

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1379-.jpg

Loner on top of hills

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1362a.jpg

But the bike park nearby was almost full

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1363a.jpg

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1361a.jpg

Stopped on the way down for a breather. Taking a peak over the edge (not really)

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1364a.jpg

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1366a.jpg

Still a head turner !

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1372a.jpg

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1367a.jpg

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1370a.jpg

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_1369a.jpg

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 17th August 2014 at 13:18.
r_nairtvm is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 12:15   #201
Team-BHP Support

Ram, you did just the right thing.

When your riding pardners miss joining you then its always best to continue the plan solo and there is some kind of meditation in riding solo ( I have done that very rarely though consider iam surrounded by always willing riders)

Nandi Hills seems like a popular destination for the Bangy folks. Looks very scenic and hope it has enough twisties to satisfy the urge when you ride a Bonnie

P.S: Riding a Bonnie after 3 months? I consider than nothing short of a nightmare
Old 27th October 2014, 20:29   #202
Senior - BHPian

Default Completing the Indianisation of Bonnie

Though I was in Bnagalore this weekend, rain played spoilsport and could not do a long ride in Bangalore as planned. Hoganakal Falls was the target.

But today decided to complete the "Indianisation of the Bonnie" aka fitting of a front number plate.

Took it to Keerti (a horrible 17 KM ride taking almost 1 hour, curse the Bngalore traffic ). As usual the friendly folk at Keerti did the job in a professional manner in real quick time (showed them a video of how its to be done).

So the bike is now out of the obvious flaw from the Bangalore cops view point.

The pics are self explanatory

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_2591a.jpg

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_2596a.jpg

Parts used

Number plate Clamp from Thruxton
Rectifier Relocator Bracket from British Custom

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_2593a.jpg

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 27th October 2014 at 20:32.
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 11:27   #203
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Completing the Indianisation of Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
But today decided to complete the "Indianisation of the Bonnie" aka fitting of a front number plate.
Ram, does it not look like the number plate is tilted slightly downwards? Maybe a little bending of the bracket is in order.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 19:41   #204
Senior - BHPian

Updating with some latest pics.

I am sure it can be noticed that even after 8 years from new the Triumph build quality remains pretty good!

Last Sunday's ride was to Dandignahalli Dam near Chikbellapur, near Bangalore. Those who know the route there knows that the last 4 KM is almost an off road/soft road ride and the Bonnie took it without any hesitation

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_9798-.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_9799-.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-img_9802-.jpg  

Attached Images

r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote