Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 13th February 2012, 16:18   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai

Quote:
Hello Folks,

I joined this site a couple of days earlier. I am a friend of r_nairtvm with the Scrambler and the Thruxton in Dubai.

Will upload photos of the bikes, once I figure out how to do it.

This mail is more of a test mail

Reg,
Unquote:

Hi JK, welcome to TBHP

Guys anything you want to know about Triumphs in particular and British Bikes in general - new or old, here is your man to guide you.

In addition to the two Britishbangers in Dubai he has few old gems back home in Pune.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 16:43   #92
BHPian

Hello Ram,

Thank you for the introduction to the folks out here.

I've tried to upload a photo of the Thruxton, hope it does justice to the bike.

All questions welcome.

Regards,

BB
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dscf2959.jpg  

Britishbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 18:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Riding Mate for Bonnie

Hi,

The Triumph brigade in Dubai is certainly increasing.

It seems for some one Triumph is not enough - no I am no jealous, but happy for my good mate Farooq.

After getting bitten by the Triumph bug with his new Daytona 675 late last year, he has now got himself a Tiger 1050 as well - 2009 model with 8 k on the clock (from Doha).

This will be his touring bike - for his planned trans Iran-Europe ride this summer.

last weekend (Friday) was his first long outing on the Tiger.

Your truely alos had the previlage of ridding it. After my Bonnie - it was like ridding a tornado without the turbulance.

A few pics I got on my cell phone camera.

Really a lovely bike and wish Farooq a long and happy tennure with it.

Best Regards & Drive Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Images

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 9th April 2012 at 18:58.
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 22:36   #94
BHPian

Please welcome a new addition to the family. The multistrada S replaces the triumph tiger 1050. No complaints about the tiger but I needed a more off road oriented bike with equal or more comfort on the road.
Attached Images

TJ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 10:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ06 View Post
Please welcome a new addition to the family. The multistrada S replaces the triumph tiger 1050. No complaints about the tiger but I needed a more off road oriented bike with equal or more comfort on the road.

Hi Farooq,

Congrats on the Multistrada. It looks and feels great when I checked it out at Vijay's the otherday, before leaving for vacation

Waiting to get back to DXB (if only for the Friday morning rides)

Ram

For those of you interested in TJ06 (Farooqs) Ride to London on the Triumph 1050, can look it up on the following link

https://www.facebook.com/bikersbeyondborders

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 26th December 2012 at 10:39.
Old 1st January 2013, 14:39   #96
Senior - BHPian

Default Greeting the New Year 2013

Happy New Year 2013.

For the biker in me the 2013 started on the right note

Three of my friends and I decided to ride in the early hours of 01/01/2013 to greet the Sun God as he comes out on our part of the world,

Was a good ride for Bonnie in company of 2 Ducatis - Diavel and Multistrada and a GS 1200. Was long meandering ride around Dubai ending with BF at Biker Cafe, Jumeirah.

Couple of pictures from the ride.

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0591a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0587.jpg  

Old 6th March 2013, 13:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Now the weather is great in UAE, the Friday morning rides are seeing an increased number of participants, as can be seen from few pictures from the last Friday ride - at the "mandatory stop" (almost) at the EggRoll shop at Showka.

Great Paratha Egg Rolls (Mallu Partha stuck to a double egg omlet and rolled with filling of Tomato, Chilli & Onion) Chai and Parle G Biscuits - what a way to start a lazy Friday

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0631.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0632.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0633.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0634.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0635.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 15:38   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Parle G Biscuits - what a way to start a lazy Friday

Ram
Nice to see a wide variety of motorcycles on your ride day Sir, was wondering around the Buell. How does she perform vis a vis with the rest of pack? Have heard that they run on par with the HD but run out of breath if they have to keep pace with the Jap SBK's. Can you please share more information on them?

Never knew you get Parle-G Biscuit in Dubai
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 15:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I just got a 2009 Bonneville. It is really a dream come true for me as Triumph has been my dream bike for a long long time.

I took the bike home on 5th April 2010.

The initial ride was about 50 km. Bike feels good with a feeling of lot of power still left on call even in 5th. Did not have an opportunity to take her out again due to various reasons. Waiting for the weekend/Friday (only about 16 hours left)

I need to get my limits on it tomorrow. Then will start riding regularly.

I am getting a bike after a fairly long gap (aprt from my RD 350 back home). I feel like I am doing a "Woods" on my RD.

Am posting a few pictures of the bike - pictures were taken in a hurry and hence of rather poor quality. Hopefully will do some pictures tomorrow.

Hope you like the bike.

Ram
sexy ride it is ! thank you for sharing it here

OT :- did you tried carnet to get it here in Kerala
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 16:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Nice to see a wide variety of motorcycles on your ride day Sir, was wondering around the Buell. How does she perform vis a vis with the rest of pack? Have heard that they run on par with the HD but run out of breath if they have to keep pace with the Jap SBK's. Can you please share more information on them?

Never knew you get Parle-G Biscuit in Dubai
Mahesh,

I would say you are scandalising Buell by saying that its on par with HD, eventhough they are from the same stable .

Buells are by far few in number in UAE. But I have never seen them to be in any trouble in keeping up with comparable European bikes or Jap SBKs. Infcat they can put to shame some of the bikes with proven sports pedigree especially on streets and higways.

Do you know that California Super Bike School has Buells mainly, in their fleets in USA & elsewher for the advanced track training courses. That should mean something isn't it

Ram
Old 6th March 2013, 16:56   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mahesh,

I would say you are scandalising Buell by saying that its on par with HD, eventhough they are from the same stable .
Ram Sir,
Thanks for the information, suppose I was being blinded by reading about their inconsistencies on various forums which shrouded my mind talk. Glad that I got them cleared. However did like their radical discs that they have put up on their bikes.
Its a pity that they were forced to shut shop by HD to concentrate on their own pedigree then I suppose
Old 9th April 2013, 16:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

Few pictures from last weekend ride

In the 1st picture the other bike is a "blinged" Bonnie T100 of a good friend - Shyam

Also Bonnie is getting ready for her trip to India.

Few add ons in the cards like Crash Guard (is it a RTO requirement in Bangalore ?), Locakble Fuel Cap (got it already - see the last picture), Movement Alarm, Few spares etc etc.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0695.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0697.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0693.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0689.jpg  

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 9th April 2013 at 16:50.
Old 9th April 2013, 20:39   #103
BHPian

Hi Ram,

Been following your thread for a while. Your machine looks great. Have to admit the blinged Bonny looks really good too. Do pass on my compliments to your friend as well.

Cheers.
plimsollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 00:49   #104
Senior - BHPian

Default Possibly last weekend out on Bonnie in Dubai

Here are some pictures from the ride last Friday. Bonnie is getting packed next week.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0721.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0722.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0723.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0724.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0725.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0727.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0726.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 15:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Possibly last weekend out on Bonnie in Dubai

Quote:
Here are some pictures from the ride last Friday. Bonnie is getting packed next week.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Ram Sir,
How are you doing? Did not quite understand what you meant by Bonnie getting packed? You selling her away? Thought the bonneville was to be with you for ages to come.