Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 6th May 2013, 17:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Possibly last weekend out on Bonnie in Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ram Sir,
How are you doing? Did not quite understand what you meant by Bonnie getting packed? You selling her away? Thought the bonneville was to be with you for ages to come.
Mahesh,

Its coming to Bangalore this month.

See the pictures attached

Best Regards

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc01895a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0749.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0753.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 17:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Mahesh,

Its coming to Bangalore this month.

Best Regards

Ram
Ram Sir,
Congratulations for the move and eagerly awaiting it in Bangalore. So finally you took the call to move it along with you. Hope you have prepared yourself with all the possible queries/clearances/confirmations that will be required to make this a smooth one.
Do let me know once you are in Bangalore and we can have a small ride. Will set you up with a few riding groups so that you will have some company as well.
ku69rd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 00:56   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mahesh,

Yes, I think I have done my homework. Bike and my goods are coming in through Mumbai. I am keeping all my "crossable limbs" crossed.

Thanks for the offer. Small rides we will have indeed (I will be busy otherwise during my immediate visit). Also would like to meet with others in ridding groups. But I will still be a frequent flyer to Bangalore rather than a full time resident (but my family will be there full time).

Will catch up soon

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ram Sir,
Congratulations for the move and eagerly awaiting it in Bangalore. So finally you took the call to move it along with you. Hope you have prepared yourself with all the possible queries/clearances/confirmations that will be required to make this a smooth one.
Do let me know once you are in Bangalore and we can have a small ride. Will set you up with a few riding groups so that you will have some company as well.

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 7th May 2013 at 00:58.
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 10:12   #109
BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai

Hey Ram, please do post up a complete write up of the processes you followed and the cost involved in the TR process. Would love to have Honda DN1 in my stable. Used ones in India are costing 3 times higher. So if the TR process is feasible enough, i would think of getting one.
yogisays0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 15:06   #110
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to India, Bonnie!

Any chance of visiting TVM ?
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 16:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mahesh, Its coming to Bangalore this month.
Nice to know that your pride and joy is headed to this part of the world. Eagerly awaiting it's landing here. Looking forward to meeting you and bonnie on a ride soon.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 17:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Hey Ram, please do post up a complete write up of the processes you followed and the cost involved in the TR process. Would love to have Honda DN1 in my stable. Used ones in India are costing 3 times higher. So if the TR process is feasible enough, i would think of getting one.
TR is feasible. Key is that the bike should have been in your ownership -registered in your name for the preceeding 1 year at least. Duty is still high.

Will put up the details/pains of the import once its done and dusted

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 07:40   #113
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

HI Ram,

When in Bangalore, please do give me a call. I would like to meet you and see the Bonnie.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 13:29   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice to know that your pride and joy is headed to this part of the world. Eagerly awaiting it's landing here. Looking forward to meeting you and bonnie on a ride soon.
Hi Aditya,

It will be a pleasure to meet you. Will PM you when both of us are in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
HI Ram,

When in Bangalore, please do give me a call. I would like to meet you and see the Bonnie.

Cheers

KPS
KPS,

Of course I will call you. I think I might need few pointers as well from you regarding getting the bike registered etc as well. Also I might trouble you as I would need some help in getting a front number plate fabricated.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 10th May 2013, 20:53   #115
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
KPS,
Of course I will call you....
Ram
Hi Ram,

Look forward to meeting you. I will be travelling from 16th May to 4th June. Any time after 4th June is fine.

I will most certainly help whereever I can

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 00:16   #116
BHPian

Ram hurry up
Plsss post some pics of your Bonnie in Bangy
Thinkin of which prolly you should start a thread by name "Bonnie N Bangy" LOL or "Bangy Bonnie"

Quote:
TR is feasible. Will put up the details/pains of the import once its done and dusted
Ram
Ram I told so
Most prolly pickin up a Thrux in few weeks..Will update soon

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote feature to reply to multiple posts or click on the EDIT button to add more content to your existing post, instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th June 2013 at 11:11. Reason: Posts merged
shrini78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 11:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Ram hurry up

Plsss post some pics of your Bonnie in Bangy
Thinkin of which prolly you should start a thread by name "Bonnie N Bangy" LOL or "Bangy Bonnie"
Bike is now in Bangalore. Safely parked under covers in my basement. Most people think ita a Bullet and I never correct any one as hopefully people would not poke around her too much

I think I will request Mods to change the thread title to include Bangalore as well, rather than starting a new thread. I am waiting for the registration process to be completed.

Thanks for the pointers. The person is working on the papers. Will know something latter today (hopefully).

Touched base with Paddu as well. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Ram I told so
Most prolly pickin up a Thrux in few weeks..Will update soon

Ttruxton is a great bike as well and a true "Cafe Racer". Needs a little bit extra efforts in the curves though. A good friend in Dubai had this a while ago and I also enjoyed it even though she is completely untamed when compared to a Bonne.

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 4th June 2013 at 11:18.
Old 4th June 2013, 11:42   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bike is now in Bangalore. Safely parked under covers in my basement. Most people think ita a Bullet and I never correct any one as hopefully people would not poke around her too much
Ram Sir,
Congratulations on getting the bike safe and sound to your basement in Bangalore. Do share us your experiences with the journey it had to bear, and more importantly your interactions with the law. If you are not keen to share the finance details, then please do PM me the Indian Costs. (Customs Tax/Entry Tax vaghera vaghera)
ku69rd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 12:25   #119
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.

Welcome Ram, lets do some ride once you are done with other pending tasks, hoping to meet you soon.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2013, 16:15   #120
Senior - BHPian

Default Your Head Lights are On

Managed to kick start the registration process on 21st June 2013. There is supposed to be a window of 1 month from the date of Customs Clearance to register the bike. The clearance was on 25th May and it meant I was cutting it really close.

This meant I had to take the Bonnie to the RTO for the MVI Inspection.

21st June was the date.

Got a comprehensive insurance done from New India (after an at home inspection by a Surveyor)

The bike hadn't been started since 1st of May. So I was aprehensive about the battery. The tank had been drained for the shipment. So went to the IOC Pump at Thannisandra main road got 5 lits of Petrol ("Sorry sir, we have only one grade of fuel") and poured it in to the tank. Connected the battery and switched on the ignition. I was happy to hear the EFI priming itself after being dry (or nearly dry). Cranked it and the engine fired immediately, as though she had been started just yesterday.

Started my trip to Yeshwantpur. Just as I was coming out of the basement parking the Security was trying to frantically to catch my attention. I stoped slightly alarmed as to what could be wrong

"Sir your head light is on" - phew I was relieved and said I know and I could not switch it off. "Oh switch got damaged ? when the bike came from London ?" - What can I explain when I am in a hurry, I just mumbled Avudu and moved on. Same scene repeated at the Security barrier at the main gate of our compound. I thought that was it. But that was not to be.

As I hit the main road and going along to wards the ring road at least 25 people tried to get my attention to indicate in various gestures that my headlight was on

My first stop was at Nagwara ORR Signal. Bonnie was getting a lot of looks from the bikers around and all those who were in front were trying to tell me that the HL is on and I am gesturing back that I have no switch etc. It was fun.

The ride along ORR to New BEL Road Circle/Overpass - was uneventful. At 11.30 am the road was not very crowded and I was able to do fair speeds.

Now from there onwards, I wasn't sure of the route so had to stop frequently to get the directions to the Yeshwantpur RTO. Every person whom I asked direction also told me to switch off my HL

I reached the RTO office and there was a paid parking area inside the compound.

My friend (Thanks to Shrini) had already arranged with the MVI and the inspection was done and all the number imprints etc were taken and I was told that I could go back

Next step - RTO wants a model clearance from the Jt Commissioner of Transports, Clearance from Trivandrum RTO (as my passport and customs documents show a Trivandrum Address) and NOC from Mumbai Customs - for all which RTO would send communications.

Rode the Bonnie back home (with ample doses of the HL scenario - making me wonder how all the othere owners of bikes with HL on scenario are managing).

I am told that the letters have been sent from the RTO's to Trivandrum and Mumbai, with proviso that if any objection its to be recveived with in 15 days.

So hopefully Bonnie should have her number by mid July 2013.

At the moment she is parked in basement, but now she is in her own eclosure.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0784.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0785.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0787.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-image0788.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote