BHPian

Talking Re: Dream come True. Got my new Suzuki Hayabusa

Posing Time with Despoine
Attached Thumbnails
Dream come True. Got my new Suzuki Hayabusa-despoine-me-25.march.2014.jpg  

pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 01:53   #182

Default Re: Dream come True. Got my new Suzuki Hayabusa

Awesome!!!! When will you celebrate your 4th anniversary with Despoine?
beerpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 09:54   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe you have breached the 30,000 kms mark. A break up of expenses & experiences would be wonderful to read & I am sure, you would love to share

Long rides planned?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 01:34   #184
BHPian

Well how difficult exactly is it to drive that thing slowly! ? I mean do u need a surgeons precision on the throttle ?? I am sure the pickup of that 1300 cc engine must be life threatening!
sportz_kruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 13:06   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post
Well how difficult exactly is it to drive that thing slowly! ? I mean do u need a surgeons precision on the throttle ?? I am sure the pickup of that 1300 cc engine must be life threatening!
They are not difficult to ride slowly at all..its just how much one wants to twist his right wrist. The bike is a brute when you want her to be otherwise they are docile rockets. I ride my ninja at 60-80 in top gear in the city and she is fine..mind you i am not an experienced rider at all. Due to both bikes weight, in slow moving traffic you would feel it, but once you are in motion they feel just like a 600 or 1000 cc bike.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 11:55   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
They are not difficult to ride slowly at all..its just how much one wants to twist his right wrist. The bike is a brute when you want her to be otherwise they are docile rockets. I ride my ninja at 60-80 in top gear in the city and she is fine..mind you i am not an experienced rider at all. Due to both bikes weight, in slow moving traffic you would feel it, but once you are in motion they feel just like a 600 or 1000 cc bike.
On a not totally unrelated note, I've been hearing horror stories of the braking (or the lack of it) on the Gen-1 Busa. Any pointers as to how true they are? A close friend is looking to pick one and was asking for suggestions.

P.S. Apologies for hijacking your thread Ram, but I couldn't find a more suitable thread for this query.
dreamseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:29   #187
BANNED

@dreamseller - The Gen 1 was notorious for its lack of braking prowess in hauling the big girl down. The brakes per se are not bad but because of the weight and the ferocity with which this bike achieves speed they feel inadequate.
It would be appropriate to upgrade the lines , get better pads and maybe the discs. For a more comprehensive upgrade , changing the MC and the calipers is the way to go.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 11:31   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@dreamseller - The Gen 1 was notorious for its lack of braking prowess in hauling the big girl down. The brakes per se are not bad but because of the weight and the ferocity with which this bike achieves speed they feel inadequate.
It would be appropriate to upgrade the lines , get better pads and maybe the discs. For a more comprehensive upgrade , changing the MC and the calipers is the way to go.
Thank you Bigron for the response. Getting the lines, pads and rotors upgraded is actually a good suggestion. However, I didn't quite understand about changing the MC and calipers: are you suggesting retrofitting the one that comes as OEM on the Gen 2? Or are there aftermarket MC/calipers available, because I'm not aware of the same. If it's the former, please also let me know if retrofitting is feasible. Thanks in advance.
dreamseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 12:23   #189
BANNED

One way is to go in for a Gen 2 forks ,wheel and rotor swap. You can then use spacers and install brembo calipers. This would be expensive but the best bet.You could retain your old wheel but then you would need spacers for rotors because the gen 2 has 310 mm discs and the gen 1 320mm. I would not recommend using rotor spacers that is if you can source them in the first place because they move the shoulder bolts, not a good thing.. Note that your gen 1 front fender will not work with gen 2 forks. I have a gen 2 so have not personally done this swap.

On the other hand , You can go with a direct brembo caliper setup with conversion brackets / adaptor plates . There have been known to be issues in terms of spacing and finding the correct adaptor plates. You would need longer lines.

Also , I have been told Gen 2 MC fits the Gen 1 . Ideally , MC should be changed for that perfect brake feel when doing the calipers.

Last edited by bigron : 3rd October 2014 at 12:52.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote