Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 7th May 2010, 07:50   #1
Thumbs up Italian RE Importer makes a Custom "Super Naag"

Found this on BIKEEXIF today:

Royal McQueen’s latest creation is the ‘SuperNaag’—an affordable reworking of the Electra 500 that’s designed to evoke the charm of 70s enduro motorcycles. And in a strange way, it works. SuperNaag (a loose translation of ‘King Cobra’, apparently) is fitted with many custom parts: only the lights and the exhaust pipe are off-the-shelf accessories. Royal McQueen’s very eccentric proprietor Andrea Fortuna will build each €10,800 (US$13,800) SuperNaag, and you get to choose the color and detailing.
Attached Images
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:49   #2

Looks like the Scrambler version of the CI and AVL Royal Enfields.
Hope its the EFI 500.
Attached Images
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 12:30   #3

The Royal McQueen website show the SuperNaag in the UCE-EFI 500. RE exports the EFI Electra which looks different from the Electra here in India. The side boxes are from the Thunderbird design - thats where the chromed pod is from.

The pic in Post#2 is an Old Mod - thats a CI Electra made to look sportier.

Need one clarification: How the hell do you have a silencer bend pipe under your thigh while you ride and not burn yourself on a long ride. Especially if you are designing bikes to ride them fast, your knees would be clasped on your tank. I am yet to figure out how the exhaust design works. At that distance, even a heat shield won't make much of a difference I guess.

I personally love JayPrashant's mods.

Also found this scrambler in Team-BHP member nitro.1000bhp's garage:
My scrambler - nitro.1000bhp’s Photo Gallery - Team-BHP
Love it!!

Last edited by justROYal : 7th May 2010 at 12:37. Reason: additional info
justROYal is offline   Reply With Quote