Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 10th January 2011, 15:19   #16
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Unleashing the Red Devil: The Ducati Monster 796 - Initial Ownership Report

Hi Nadim. Heartiest Congratulations to you for the Monster! Amazing pics taken by your friend. What tyres does the Monster come with? Also please do post a video of it revving if possible.Regards.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 14:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Unleashing the Red Devil: The Ducati Monster 796 - Initial Ownership Report

Stunning bike! Congrats on the purchase Nadim!

Like akshay said, we'd all love to see a review (with lots of pics) on the Q7!

Cheers!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 09:02   #18
BHPian

Wow! congratulations Nadeem, you sure are living many people's dream. And many compliments to your friend Mitsun for the pictures, h sure knows his stuff.
Nice short review gives a glimpse of the monster's inherent nature.

Harshad
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 23:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
..., but I will try. Imagine that your soul is being ripped from your body and that you are viewing yourself from above, caught in the moment without really being in it yourself. For a few seconds, It took my body time to catch up with the rest of me...
Are we talking about a bike here or is this about some kind of high!
Well... I guess nothing else can compare with the feeling you have described. Only one who knows it will know it...

We need some videos ASAP, (the snaps are awesome, but..) ducati without the GROWL is like a Doberman with a tail and no bark!
sen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 21:48   #20
BHPian

beautiful bike and even better pictures. Man your friend is a genius in photography - does he take classes.

Congrats on your buy and drive carefully - wishing you many happy miles with the monster.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:29   #21

Congrats on your latest acquisition, the Monster sure looks killer in red. Nice pictures too, just one thing I want to know, whether the Monster comes equiped with ABS or not.
anthonydcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydcruz View Post
Congrats on your latest acquisition, the Monster sure looks killer in red. Nice pictures too, just one thing I want to know, whether the Monster comes equiped with ABS or not.
ABS is an option.

Saw a red one while going to the Speedway this afternoon. Number was 1000.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic bike (monster ?) wow !!. And a fantastic straight from the heart report. There are times and moments when you need to splurge and just enjoy that moment and this bike is well worth that excitement. Have a ball man. Ride safe.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 09:17   #24
BHPian

You are one lucky boy, please let us know the break up of cost, initial booking amount and OTR, also if you have taken a loan, that info will be very valuable. If I do take it, it will be through a loan. And do they have a service point at BLR? I hope I am not too late in a day. One more important question what is that tipped 796 over 696, do let us know. Since the spec sheet does not show much of a difference in performance, but I also do not know the cost difference too.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 09:27   #25
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Nadim is busy riding, so let me try to answer with the limited info I have except the booking amount and OTR part

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
And do they have a service point at BLR?
Not yet. The MD Ashish Chordia spoke about opening one in Feb. So, will have to wait and watch for a month atleast. As of now, outstation customers, Bangy included will be served by servicing personnel personally visiting them for servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
One more important question what is that tipped 796 over 696,
696 is no more being sold, right? Or am I missing something. About a few months ago, when I revceived their product line up there was no mention on 696. You can check the model comparision including spec of 696/796/1100 on the ducati website.

Apart from this, I know one Bangalorean who go this 796 registered in Tumkur because of registration woes in Bangalore. Even HDFC folks tell me that are some hassles involved. So, it pays to wait for an official dealership to open here.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 15:08   #26
BHPian

WOAH! MONSTER ON THE LOOSE! ADMIRE!

congrats on the buy! i see the red bike and turn green with envy!!

fabulous pics! great enough to be a part of the ducati printed ads!

hope you dont mind the silly question! what is the OTR price?
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 16:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post

hope you dont mind the silly question! what is the OTR price?
quote from another thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...amaha-fz1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
The Ducati has loads of character and a great sound, plus is 8.5 lakhs on road in Gurgaon.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 09:32   #28
BHPian

696 is no more being sold, right? Or am I missing something. About a few months ago, when I revceived their product line up there was no mention on 696. You can check the model comparision including spec of 696/796/1100 on the ducati website.

I did check the website and they still have it in there line up in the Monster series. Here is the link:

Ducati Monster 696 - Ducati
Old 10th February 2011, 09:37   #29
JVH
Senior - BHPian

@Zulfi - Am talking about the Indian product line up? Why don't you call up Precision motors Mumbai and check with them?
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 12:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
@Zulfi - Am talking about the Indian product line up? Why don't you call up Precision motors Mumbai and check with them?
You are right, they do not have a dedicated website for India unlike HD, maybe they are not selling the 696 in India. Need to call them to get the final word out.