Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 21:40   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,730
Thanked: 4,772 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone tell me what is the Bike at Number 09 (first of the second pic). Mosquito MZ?? I couldn't even Google it. Does something like that even exist?

Name:  DD.jpg
Views: 7985
Size:  25.9 KB

EDIT: So this is it! MZ Mosquito 125RX. Why would anyone import this?
Name:  24879_0_1_2_mosquito 125rx_Image credits  MZ.jpg
Views: 8311
Size:  18.4 KB

Last edited by Scorcher : 20th January 2011 at 21:42.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 22:46   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 77
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
How will the final price be calculated -

bid amount + VAT + duty/other charges?

(Registration and Insurance will be added as it is extra on the bike)
bid amount + vat(usually 12.5) + 0%custom duty + 1% Income tax(Dont remember exactly what's it called)

The bikes are already registered as seen in the list, so maybe only some transfer charges. Insurance most definitely will be extra.
autoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 00:32   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

^ In response to the above equation. I have a question

Now, if you take an R1, it has an onroad price of about 14-15 Lakhs in a place like BLR. After road tax etc. Taking away the road tax, the resultant ex-showroom price is around 12.5, of which half is import duties. So effectively this bike costs around 6Lakhs abroad.

So, as per the above post, if you pay around 7-8 lakhs, you are basically getting the bike at its original, non import duty laden price. And considering it is around 2 years old, do you think it is worth that money.

It would make sense if you could get a deal at sub 5L.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 10:05   #34
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 529
Thanked: 309 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
^ In response to the above equation. I have a question

Now, if you take an R1, it has an onroad price of about 14-15 Lakhs in a place like BLR. After road tax etc. Taking away the road tax, the resultant ex-showroom price is around 12.5, of which half is import duties. So effectively this bike costs around 6Lakhs abroad.

So, as per the above post, if you pay around 7-8 lakhs, you are basically getting the bike at its original, non import duty laden price. And considering it is around 2 years old, do you think it is worth that money.

It would make sense if you could get a deal at sub 5L.
+1.

I was calculating too. Is it really worth to buy a used SBK, engine condition unknown for 5lac? Not that they are in the same category but with that kinda money one can go for a brand new Harley.

IMO, Sub 5-4 lac will be a good deal.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 12:42   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,626
Thanked: 967 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Usually what is the final bid rates for these bikes?
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 13:25   #36
BHPian
 
niks_devil666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 535
Thanked: 236 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

You can find showroom billed approx 10k done first lot r1's in the range of 7-8 . If you are buying thru action , final cost for these (2008 models) should not exceed 5/5.5 .
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:01   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoholic View Post
bid amount + vat(usually 12.5) + 0%custom duty + 1% Income tax(Dont remember exactly what's it called)

The bikes are already registered as seen in the list, so maybe only some transfer charges. Insurance most definitely will be extra.
Are you sure about this or guessing what might be ?

Who is going for auction ?.Inspection date is from 20th to 28th ,could someone visit it and post some pictures please .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:17   #38
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Something struck me.
Why don't we buy a lot of brand new bikes.
Get 'em imported.
Fix up the DRI to seize it.
Then rig the auction.

So the owners actually lost their whole money they invested on this bike of their dreams. How pity is that.
I will never lay my hand on someone else's sorrow.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:36   #39
BHPian
 
motorhead666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 35
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Your right buddy, good on you. I think everyone should stay away from this,
by the way how does one register for the e-auction . Also if someone decides to bid at the customs office what all documents does he need to carry.
motorhead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:58   #40
BHPian
 
sabret00the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 686
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th January 2011 at 19:36.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:06   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Something struck me.
Why don't we buy a lot of brand new bikes.
Get 'em imported.
Fix up the DRI to seize it.
Then rig the auction.

So the owners actually lost their whole money they invested on this bike of their dreams. How pity is that.
I will never lay my hand on someone else's sorrow.
There is no pity , why pity ?.
The bikes were illegal in the first place and the owners ,who is dishing out 10 lakhs on bike would know what is he buying .Most of them ,have paid in hard cash( all black) .They would have had no passion or lust to get one ,just that they need to have that superbike or rich dad's gift .
Its like saying if you buy a stolen ferrari and they confiscate it ,you are feeling pity for the owner .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:41   #42
BHPian
 
speedfreak7116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 212
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Something struck me.
Why don't we buy a lot of brand new bikes.
Get 'em imported.
Fix up the DRI to seize it.
Then rig the auction.

So the owners actually lost their whole money they invested on this bike of their dreams. How pity is that.
I will never lay my hand on someone else's sorrow.
That's how it used to happen before but now there is no way of rigging the auctions. They're online closed bids for registered users only. So dont feel pity or sorrow for the owner because he/she was trying to get the bike to India illegally anyway.
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 15:45   #43
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
There is no pity , why pity ?.
The bikes were illegal in the first place and the owners ,who is dishing out 10 lakhs on bike would know what is he buying .Most of them ,have paid in hard cash( all black) .They would have had no passion or lust to get one ,just that they need to have that superbike or rich dad's gift .
Its like saying if you buy a stolen ferrari and they confiscate it ,you are feeling pity for the owner .
Calm down, i see u have alot of hatred for the rich, anyways what your saying is not always true, just cause u pay cash for the bike doesnt mean you dont have passion for them
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 21:59   #44
BHPian
 
rdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

If these bikes are bought in Mumbai and then want it to take it to another city(where you reside) how much extra do you think it will cost considering other taxes? I know the taxes can be relative to each state. It would be good to get an approximate.
rdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 13:26   #45
BHPian
 
rangan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: DRI Auctions : List of seized Superbikes on sale

since we dont have pics, can someone who has bought bikes in these auctions post pics of their bikes?

it might give us an idea of the condition that these could be in
rangan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DRI raids Chinese & Korean tyre importers GTO Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 8 31st July 2014 15:59
DRI gets cracking on Mumbai superbikes. Edit - Now other cities across India GTO Superbikes & Imports 267 16th May 2013 11:15
DRI seized Superbikes to be auctioned in Mumbai - 18 nos dhirajs Superbikes & Imports 11 27th March 2013 10:00
Superbikes For SALE Domnic Shifting gears 17 7th November 2004 21:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks