Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 16th June 2012, 22:31   #301
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner

Are we factoring the 10 Lac pricing difference into our decisions? For me, its the Yeti anyday anytime & nearly anywhere
Old 17th June 2012, 12:05   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Are we factoring the 10 Lac pricing difference into our decisions? For me, its the Yeti anyday anytime & nearly anywhere

Could you please elaborate this better?
Old 17th June 2012, 12:15   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva
What exactly is this 10 lac difference? The difference between the base Yeti and the Top Fortuner or some other thing?
Please clarify.
Old 17th June 2012, 12:46   #304
Senior - BHPian

I think what Screwdriva is referring to is with regards to yeti 4x2 variant and Fortuner 4X2. It would be 7 to 8 lacs difference if we compare the 4x4 yeti Elegance and 4x4 Fortuner (depending on the discount on offer on Yeti).

One question about the year of manufacture - the dealer said the CKD kits for Yeti are from 2011, but the car was assembled in April 2012. Will this means, the year of manufacture actually would be 2012 in the RC?

Last edited by iTNerd : 17th June 2012 at 12:55.
Old 17th June 2012, 14:00   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
I think what Screwdriva is referring to is with regards to yeti 4x2 variant and Fortuner 4X2. It would be 7 to 8 lacs difference if we compare the 4x4 yeti Elegance and 4x4 Fortuner (depending on the discount on offer on Yeti).

One question about the year of manufacture - the dealer said the CKD kits for Yeti are from 2011, but the car was assembled in April 2012. Will this means, the year of manufacture actually would be 2012 in the RC?
That's how all the Yeti's are here in India, the kit is almost 3-6 month old, these are all assembled in Aurangabadkar plant and sent to dealer, don't worry on this part! Most probably it will be registered as 2012.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 16:39   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

yup the date of manufacture will surely be 2012 in the RC.
my cars's VIN says it was manufactured in August but it is too registered as a car(saloon) produced in 2012,
you can see the exact date of manufacture on the while plastic protective film that is on the car everywhere. on the hood there is a sticker near the skoda badge that gives all this info.
hope it helps.
fiorano88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 19:12   #307
Senior - BHPian

So, I went to the dealer's stock yard to inspect the white yeti alloted to me. The car was covered/pasted in white plastics. To my surprise, the VIN shows the manufacture month and year as July/2011. when making the booking yesterday, I was told it would be around Nov/Dec 2011. Now I am totally annoyed with the dealer and they say, they don't have any 2011 inventories of yeti. The salesman tried his best to convince me, nothing is wrong with the car and that it being a CKD, a difference of upto 1 year is fine.

The manufactured date in the VIN - is that of the date/time the car was assembled from the CKD kits? or is it the date the CKD kits was send from the manufacturing plant. Please throw some light. What I am worried is, if the car has been idle in the hot sun in their stockyard for the last 8-9 months. If that is the case, is it still worthwhile to go for it? Should I demand more discount, and if so, how much would it be OK to ask for?
Old 17th June 2012, 19:29   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
The manufactured date in the VIN - is that of the date/time the car was assembled from the CKD kits? or is it the date the CKD kits was send from the manufacturing plant. Please throw some light. What I am worried is, if the car has been idle in the hot sun in their stockyard for the last 8-9 months. If that is the case, is it still worthwhile to go for it? Should I demand more discount, and if so, how much would it be OK to ask for?
The VIN number is etched on the vehicle when it is put together as a kit and rolled out of the factory. For the Yeti, since the vehicle would have been rolled out as a CKD, the VIN would indicate the date it was rolled out of the factory of manufacture, and not the factory at Aurangabad, where it was assembled.

Also, the white plastic sheets that you see on the bonnet, roof and the wheel s, have a small sticker which has the manufacturing and expiry date on them. This is put at the Aurangabad plant and will give you an idea of when the vehicle took its final shape and was rolled out into the Skoda yard at Aurangabad.

Hope this helps.
n.devdath is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 19:59   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
So, I went to the dealer's stock yard to inspect the white yeti alloted to me. The car was covered/pasted in white plastics. To my surprise, the VIN shows the manufacture month and year as July/2011. when making the booking yesterday, I was told it would be around Nov/Dec 2011. Now I am totally annoyed with the dealer and they say, they don't have any 2011 inventories of yeti. The salesman tried his best to convince me, nothing is wrong with the car and that it being a CKD, a difference of upto 1 year is fine.

Do not worry. What Dev said is right.
However, no harm grumbling a bit and asking for a little more! That never hurt anyone!
Old 17th June 2012, 19:59   #310
BHPian

Okay, So i took the plunge today and booked elegance 4x4. I went for zero dep insurance. Total discount was 2.25 lac + teflon+mud flaps+ carpet mats. The car will be ordered tomorrow and will take 5-6 days to arrive at the stockyard. I am planning to clear the payment in another 2-3 days and get the bill generated (so that diesel tax doesn't come into factor by the time of delivery).
Now i have to cancel my duster booking. Somehow i feel yeti is suddenly become value for money considering duster top end 4x2 will be around 11.5/12 lac on road. add another 2lac for 4x4 (whenever it launched) make it 14 lac and if the govt plays the diesel tax it becomes 16.5. in just another 1 lac i am getting a whole new world

One thing the dealer showed me skoda poska system (i am not sure of the exact name), its better than the existing bolero system and has USB/bluetooth with navigation with mapmyindia maps. This also includes reverse camera. Costing another 60k. I am tempted towards it but not sure if its worth for another 60K?

Last edited by abbey4u : 17th June 2012 at 20:09.
Old 17th June 2012, 20:28   #311
Senior - BHPian

The Yeti that's available are the 2011 make, the VIN would also reflect the same. However the dealer mentions the RTO registers on the basis of the Form 22 on which they can indicate as 2012, so the vehicle would be register as a 2012 model - to satisfy the customer.

My worry is that the car has been in the stock yard for 6-8 months. Could it not be that the dealer could have removed some parts in case a customer required it and could not wait? They'd then fix the car and give it to us. Any such possibility?
Old 17th June 2012, 21:08   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
Okay, So i took the plunge today and booked elegance 4x4. I went for zero dep insurance. Total discount was 2.25 lac + teflon+mud flaps+ carpet mats. The car will be ordered tomorrow and will take 5-6 days to arrive at the stockyard. I am planning to clear the payment in another 2-3 days and get the bill generated (so that diesel tax doesn't come into factor by the time of delivery).
Now i have to cancel my duster booking. Somehow i feel yeti is suddenly become value for money considering duster top end 4x2 will be around 11.5/12 lac on road. add another 2lac for 4x4 (whenever it launched) make it 14 lac and if the govt plays the diesel tax it becomes 16.5. in just another 1 lac i am getting a whole new world

One thing the dealer showed me skoda poska system (i am not sure of the exact name), its better than the existing bolero system and has USB/bluetooth with navigation with mapmyindia maps. This also includes reverse camera. Costing another 60k. I am tempted towards it but not sure if its worth for another 60K?
I think this is Caska not Poska. I hear they are good but I would much rather stay with the stock Radio Bolero of the Elegance.

Nitin while your concern is reasonable upto a point, I think as in any relationship, a certain amount of trust is required too. Hemanth of Vinayak as per my experience is a decent man. They will view you, like they view any other customer, as a long term relationship prospect. I dont really think they are as petty as all that. Sometimes I think it is important to retain some trust in in ones fellow men, especially when they come as a referral. They arent all rogues and thieves! I have written personally to Hemanth on your behalf today. However, you will have to suit yourself!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th June 2012 at 21:12.
Old 17th June 2012, 21:30   #313
BHPian

Thanks. It was caska .
Old 17th June 2012, 21:46   #314
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. I didn't know or saw any small sticker on the white plastic sheets. I must have overlooked apparently. I will have a second look tomorrow when I meet the manager. Anyhow, the salesman, showed me the inventory/booking lists in their computer on a excel sheet. And as per that, the car was delivered to them from the Indian factory on April 2012. So does that mean, the car was assembled around March/April 2012 only and dispatched to the dealer? If that is the case, the CKD kits were laying around for 10 months 'as it is'? Or another possibility is, the car was assembled around september/october 2011 and the car was kept in the Aurangabad factory till April 2012?

I am sorry, if I am being naive on this. But after hearing all those Skoda horror stories, I am just trying not to take delivery of a car that has been laying around in the stockyard for months. Just don't want to take even the slightest chance with a Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The VIN number is etched on the vehicle when it is put together as a kit and rolled out of the factory. For the Yeti, since the vehicle would have been rolled out as a CKD, the VIN would indicate the date it was rolled out of the factory of manufacture, and not the factory at Aurangabad, where it was assembled.

Also, the white plastic sheets that you see on the bonnet, roof and the wheel s, have a small sticker which has the manufacturing and expiry date on them. This is put at the Aurangabad plant and will give you an idea of when the vehicle took its final shape and was rolled out into the Skoda yard at Aurangabad.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Shankar! You bet, now I am only going to accept that car if there is an enticing deal on top of the existing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Do not worry. What Dev said is right.
However, no harm grumbling a bit and asking for a little more! That never hurt anyone!

Congrats. You should also ask for car cover. Regarding the skoda poska system, I was quoted 50K extra. does it have bluetooth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

Old 17th June 2012, 22:09   #315
BHPian

yes, it was the caska system with bluetooth, usb, navigation. its the d 106 series

Skoda | AUTO
Closed Thread