Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2012, 10:40   #376
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner

Please talk once to twinoctober too. And approach Hemanth again with a request for 2L.
Iam reasonably sure he will oblige. Remember it is the month end and quarter end too and he will want to move some numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
I tried negotiating for a 4x4 Ambiente but Hemanth told me that he would at best be able to offer a 60 k discount as there is currently no production. On the 4x4 Elegance(2011 model) the best deal I got was 1.8 lakhs off but the difference between my chosen variant(Ambition) and Elegance after discount was 2.75 lakhs, so I decided to go ahead with the 4x2 Ambition only. Am likely to go for a PDI today. I only hope that there isn't too much of a difference in the power because of the reduced PS ( I haven't test driven the 4x2 version yet)
Old 28th June 2012, 10:51   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
I only hope that there isn't too much of a difference in the power because of the reduced PS ( I haven't test driven the 4x2 version yet)
From my experience, you will not find much difference between the 110 BHp and the 140 Bhp in normal driving conditions.

I have both engine variants - the 110 Bhp in our Laura MT and the 140 Bhp in our Yeti 4x4 ambiente.
The 4x2 Yeti is also lighter than the 4x4 Yeti by almost 90 Kg and hence the power to weight ratio is still decent.

The peak torque of 250 Nm in the 110 Bhp variant comes in between 1500-2500 rpm and is very usable. In the 140 bhp variant, the 320 Nm peak torque is from 1750-2500 rpm, but it is heavier.

In terms of acceleration, IIRC the 4x2 110 bhp is only around 1.2 sec slower than the 140bhp which hits 0-100 in around 10 sec.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 28th June 2012, 18:13   #378
BHPian

Thanks Shankar & Behemoth!
I have decided to go ahead with the Ambition 4x2 only.
Did a PDI today. The car was brought to the Vinayak showroom for the PDI.
I have a couple of concerns:
- The odo reading showed 150 kms. The GM, Hemanth told me that is quite normal as the showroom is about 20 kms away from the yard and also that during their PDI, they drive it around a bit(?)
- The plastic seat covers were all removed from the seats and the drivers seat looked a little dirty. The dealer assured me that they will have it cleaned thoroughly before delivery
- The interiors of the car looked a little dusty

- The protective film was still on (only on the bonnet and the roof though, not on the doors). The date of application of the protective film was mentioned as 07/04/2012

The VIN details are as below:
TMBKCC5L3CA700307 Code Description
Model name: 5L Skoda Yeti
Equipment level and body type: K RHD, 4x2, MPV (5 doors)
Engine: C 2.0 CR-TDI 16V turbo, DPF, diesel 81 kW (110 PS) @ 4200 rev., 250 Nm @ 1500..2500 rev., DOHC, EU5
Engine codes possible: CFHA, CFHF
Year of production: C 2012
Month of production: C march
Producing factory: A Aurangabad (India)
Country of manufacturer: TM Europe, Czech Republic
Name of manufacturer: B Skoda Auto a. s.
Validity code: 3 3
Body serial number: 700307 700307

So guys, need your expert opinion! Do I go ahead and take delivery of this vehicle?
Thanks in advance again
Old 28th June 2012, 20:13   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo
Thanks Shankar & Behemoth!
I have decided to go ahead with the Ambition 4x2 only.
Did a PDI today. The car was brought to the Vinayak showroom for the PDI.
I have a couple of concerns:
- The odo reading showed 150 kms. The GM, Hemanth told me that is quite normal as the showroom is about 20 kms away from the yard and also that during their PDI, they drive it around a bit(?)
- The plastic seat covers were all removed from the seats and the drivers seat looked a little dirty. The dealer assured me that they will have it cleaned thoroughly before delivery
- The interiors of the car looked a little dusty

- The protective film was still on (only on the bonnet and the roof though, not on the doors). The date of application of the protective film was mentioned as 07/04/2012

The VIN details are as below:
TMBKCC5L3CA700307 Code Description
Model name: 5L Skoda Yeti
Equipment level and body type: K RHD, 4x2, MPV (5 doors)
Engine: C 2.0 CR-TDI 16V turbo, DPF, diesel 81 kW (110 PS) @ 4200 rev., 250 Nm @ 1500..2500 rev., DOHC, EU5
Engine codes possible: CFHA, CFHF
Year of production: C 2012
Month of production: C march
Producing factory: A Aurangabad (India)
Country of manufacturer: TM Europe, Czech Republic
Name of manufacturer: B Skoda Auto a. s.
Validity code: 3 3
Body serial number: 700307 700307

So guys, need your expert opinion! Do I go ahead and take delivery of this vehicle?
Thanks in advance again
Their showroom is indeed a bit away from the yard.
150kms is really not a big deal.
Make sure they grt the car cleaned thoroughly before handing it over to you, especially the seats.
Check bluntly with Hemanth if they have used this as a display vehicle at any time.
But use this opportunity to also squeeze an extra drop of blood or two from them, because ideally they ought not to have removed the plastic covers before delivery.
Overall, in all these matters, thereis no right answer, but in general, a little bit of give and take is also necessary but you must suit yourself how much give and take you want to exhibit basis the discounts and considerations that you are benefiting by.
Cheers! All the best and I look forward to meeting you and your Yeti someday soon!
Old 28th June 2012, 20:52   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Their showroom is indeed a bit away from the yard.
150kms is really not a big deal.
Make sure they grt the car cleaned thoroughly before handing it over to you, especially the seats.
Check bluntly with Hemanth if they have used this as a display vehicle at any time.
But use this opportunity to also squeeze an extra drop of blood or two from them, because ideally they ought not to have removed the plastic covers before delivery.
Overall, in all these matters, thereis no right answer, but in general, a little bit of give and take is also necessary but you must suit yourself how much give and take you want to exhibit basis the discounts and considerations that you are benefiting by.
Cheers! All the best and I look forward to meeting you and your Yeti someday soon!
Thanks Shankar. Will see what else can be done.

As for meeting up, the pleasure would be all mine. I try and squeeze in a round of Golf (mostly at Eagleton) once in a while (actually it is more like once a quarter). So we could maybe tee off once together! Be warned, though, that my scores are always in 3 digits
Old 28th June 2012, 21:19   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo

Thanks Shankar. Will see what else can be done.

As for meeting up, the pleasure would be all mine. I try and squeeze in a round of Golf (mostly at Eagleton) once in a while (actually it is more like once a quarter). So we could maybe tee off once together! Be warned, though, that my scores are always in 3 digits
No worries mate. So are mine for the most part.
Old 29th June 2012, 11:14   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377 View Post
Even spoke to all dealers in gujarat and no one is offering discounts more than 50K. Regarding using good offices of ONGC, Well here in Surat its mostly a business dominant community and corporate offers range from 5K to 20k which dealer says he has already included in 50k.
So confusion prevails.
Hi Dave,
You can, legally purchase it from B'lore. I ve PMed you my contact number to take it further.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:48   #383
BHPian

Got my yeti home yesterday. Overall my experience with skoda dealer (nawab motor) was satisfactory. The sales guy did everything ready in time. He explained different features once again (first when went to book it).
I haven't done any upgrade as of now but may be do a tyre upgrade and try to get MDI interface later. (didn't went for caska as i see it pretty expensive but still in two minds).
Tyre pressure was 50 on all tyres and got it corrected to 35. Every one is happy about and its like an auto expo at my home as everyone want to have a look and feel of the car
Old 29th June 2012, 16:52   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Got my yeti home yesterday. Overall my experience with skoda dealer (nawab motor) was satisfactory. The sales guy did everything ready in time. He explained different features once again (first when went to book it).
I haven't done any upgrade as of now but may be do a tyre upgrade and try to get MDI interface later. (didn't went for caska as i see it pretty expensive but still in two minds).
Tyre pressure was 50 on all tyres and got it corrected to 35. Every one is happy about and its like an auto expo at my home as everyone want to have a look and feel of the car
Congrats Abbey!
Good thing you didn't go for Caska. The Caska sets are nowhere close to the original quality supplied and when it comes to sound quality, they never disappoint. For other features like navigation etc, get a good quality Garmin / TomTom.

On the tyres, keep it around 32 Psi all round, which will be quite comfortable.

All the best!
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 17:45   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! I am getting my yeti delivered tomorrow Would be changing the tyres rightaway tomorrow
Old 29th June 2012, 17:46   #386
Senior - BHPian

Congrats boys! It nerd and abbey.
Good luck with your Yetis!
Cheers!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 18:10   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats Abbey!
Good thing you didn't go for Caska. The Caska sets are nowhere close to the original quality supplied and when it comes to sound quality, they never disappoint. For other features like navigation etc, get a good quality Garmin / TomTom.

On the tyres, keep it around 32 Psi all round, which will be quite comfortable.

All the best!
Thanks. More than navigation i wanted to have a control of ipod through steering wheel and have a usb support. Bluetooth will be good to have but not necessary. Regarding navigation, i already have garmin, so will continue to use that. There are various aftermarket ipod adapter kit apart from vw mdi interface like dension, Grom etc, but not sure which model will actually work. I wanted to get one soon as one of my friend is going to US tomorrow
Old 29th June 2012, 18:13   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats! I am getting my yeti delivered tomorrow Would be changing the tyres rightaway tomorrow
Thanks Nerd. Which tyre you going for?
Old 29th June 2012, 18:37   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nerd. Which tyre you going for?
C drives AC01. Very hard to find, but fortunately, one dealer in CR park just have 4 pieces left. He is asking for 2K for each tyre (after taking back the OEM goodyear tyres)
Old 29th June 2012, 20:40   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
C drives AC01. Very hard to find, but fortunately, one dealer in CR park just have 4 pieces left. He is asking for 2K for each tyre (after taking back the OEM goodyear tyres)
Go for it! It is well worth it and will give you much better ride and grip that the goodyear ones can. The noise levels with these are much lower too.
Enjoy your Yeti!
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread