Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 30th June 2012, 11:50   #391
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner

ouch! The dealer informed me, he just got 3 tires of C drives left (apparently had sold off 2 of them a few days back, out of the 5 pieces he had stocked). What do I do?
Old 30th June 2012, 12:23   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
ouch! The dealer informed me, he just got 3 tires of C drives left (apparently had sold off 2 of them a few days back, out of the 5 pieces he had stocked). What do I do?
Try the big tyre showrooms in Lajpat nagar like BK. They might be able to get them for you. Change the tyres only when you can get all four. But try to get it done soon as otherwise you will not get good value for the OEM tyres.
Old 30th June 2012, 12:55   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Try the big tyre showrooms in Lajpat nagar like BK. They might be able to get them for you. Change the tyres only when you can get all four. But try to get it done soon as otherwise you will not get good value for the OEM tyres.
I have contacted all major tyres shops in Delhi including BK tyres. none have c drives. Anyway, the dealer is trying to arrange one more tyre. I really want to change the tyres asap :(
Old 30th June 2012, 15:25   #394
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone!

After a long comparison, rethinking & suggestions from bhpians & friends, I have finalized and booked my vehicle.

The winner is... "The Skoda Laura L & K"! White color.

I went to Tafe access, st.marks road and took a detailed TD of Yeti, superb & laura. I did want to go for the superb petrol AT but that's about 3 more lakhs while the Laura stood between the Yeti and superb (according to me).

I would be taking delivery in the first week of August.
nitinbose is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 15:53   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
Hi Everyone!

After a long comparison, rethinking & suggestions from bhpians & friends, I have finalized and booked my vehicle.

I went to Tafe access, st.marks road and took a detailed TD of Yeti, superb & laura. I did want to go for the superb petrol AT but that's about 3 more lakhs while the Laura stood between the Yeti and superb (according to me).

Congrats Nitin, I guess that for most people a good sedan serves 99% of people's requirements. The ride is also more comfortable and smoother than an Suv can ever be. The Laura is a great car and may it thrill you with every ride!
Old 30th June 2012, 16:45   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Great news. Enjoy your Laura. The L&K is the discerning man' s automobile. May it serve you Long and well.
Cheers!
Old 30th June 2012, 18:41   #397
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shankar and Behemoth!

I'm also happy to be in the Skoda club. I chose the Laura because of the extra features it offers, especially the DSG, though I still love the Yeti. I did notice lots of people in the showroom as opposed to what it was earlier. It appears Skoda sales is going up. There were quite a number of cars ready for delivery. I also heard people appreciate the sales guy on the Yeti.
Old 1st July 2012, 09:58   #398
Senior - BHPian

Hello people, a mountain goat (or rather the elusive bigfoot) has joined my garage. Took delivery yesterday. The car had run 70 kms on the odo. VIN says, it (the kits rather) was manufactured in July 2011. It came from Aurangabad factory on 4/5/2012 (as per the labels in the white sheet covering the bonnet). Had already run around 60 kms yesterday and what can I say, I am all smiling . I am addicted to Diesel, its hoot to drive and the turning radius of 5m is a boon in city. Coming from Civic, I guess I need some time to adjust to the driving dynamics of Yeti, because with all the torque available in lower RPMs. But I must admit, this mythical beast is a rocket and love the tune of the engine. I am already a big fan of the cornering lights. With so much gadgets and electronic gizmos, I am memory overloaded. I am not complaining!

Any advises on how to run-in? And how do you change the fuel consumption reading in the MDI from litre per 100 kms to kms per litre?

Here is a quick snapshot:

Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner-_dsc0385_t.jpg

And lastly, thanks to @shankar.balan, @behemoth, @pramods and others for their comments and advises. Wouldn't have taken the plunge if I had not referred to their ownership reports. And special thanks to @n.devdath who accompanied me for PDI in the dealer's stockyard. And thanks to jeremy clarkson too

Last edited by iTNerd : 1st July 2012 at 10:25.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 10:22   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Nitin. Excellent choice indeed. More than the 3 lakhs difference, the Laura L&K is a better choice than the Superb Petrol AT - due to the diesel economy, and the peace of mind offered by the 6 speed DSG (compared to the 7Sp DSG in the latter).

Enjoy the host of luxurious features

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
Hello people, a mountain goat (or rather the elusive bigfoot) has joined my garage. Took delivery yesterday.
Congratulations iTNerd! The teaser pic looks beautiful

Looking forward to the detailed ownership reviews from both of you!
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 10:55   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Any advises on how to run-in? And how do you change the fuel consumption reading in the MDI from litre per 100 kms to kms per litre?

And lastly, thanks to @shankar.balan, @behemoth, @pramods and others for their comments and advises. Wouldn't have taken the plunge if I had not referred to their ownership reports. And special thanks to @n.devdath who accompanied me for PDI in the dealer's stockyard. And thanks to jeremy clarkson too
Congrats Buddy. And yes, special thanks to shankar, behemoth, pramod from me as well. This little beast has a very impressive drive and i am loving every bit of it.

Regarding MDI setting chage, from the steering wheel control (rhs), go to setup > Unit and you can change to kms per litre.

Did you swap the tyres. you mentioned the dealer had only 3 of them. Any other tyre you went for?
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 11:22   #401
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone!

I'm still under confusion between the Laura and Superb. The superb manual petrol comes at the same price as the Laura L&K. Would you think it would be a wise choice to go for it? I drive around 15K Kms in a year, out of which 10K would be in the city. My daily distances would be about 25Kms max. Just that I liked the more interior space and bit of extras the superb gives.

Please advice whether good or bad.
Old 1st July 2012, 12:10   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello people, a mountain goat (or rather the elusive bigfoot) has joined my garage. And how do you change the fuel consumption reading in the MDI from litre per 100 kms to kms per litre?
Congrats on the delivery and please post more pictures and if possible, your own ownership thread as well, for the benefit of all. It looks great in the light that you have photographed it. To change the MDI, you need to change the country to Japan and that does it, IMO.
Quote:
And special thanks to @n.devdath who accompanied me for PDI in the dealer's stockyard.
Thanks is not enough, the next time I come to NCR, let us plan a trip to the hills, the land of the Yeti.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 12:12   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Thanks everyone!

I'm still under confusion between the Laura and Superb. The superb manual petrol comes at the same price as the Laura L&K. Would you think it would be a wise choice to go for it? I drive around 15K Kms in a year, out of which 10K would be in the city. My daily distances would be about 25Kms max. Just that I liked the more interior space and bit of extras the superb gives.

As far as gizmos are concerned, the Laura L&K is pretty well equipped and is almost up there with the Superb. The Laura L&K has two big advantages over the Superb petrol manual i.e it is a Diesel and it comes with the fab DSG box.

THe Superb being a petrol will not be able to hold its value as well as the diesels.

For average running of 15K kms, the petrol Superb will roughly be about Rs. 70K p.a more expensive to run compared to the Diesel L&K.

The major advantage that Superb holds against the L&K is space. So if you tend to be chauffeur driven more often, then the Superb makes a lot of sense. If you drive yourself, the Laura L&K with its DSG box and tighter dimensions will make life a lot easier for you.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 12:14   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I'm still under confusion between the Laura and Superb.

Nitin, you have been in dilemma for quite a while now and your choices seem to change on a weekly basis. If I remember correctly you had already owned a Superb and must have sold it off on some specific requirement. So what is the point in returning back to it? But that is your choice to make, and on this specific question, the Superb is definitely a step up from Laura and the amount of space especially in the passenger cabin is also quite exemplary, as you have already experienced. Go for it ONLY if you can offset the fuel cost difference from a diesel. The MT Superb Petrol will also offset you from the DSG worries that many carry, especially with the 7 Speed one.

I for one am having one hell of a value proposition with my Superb Petrol as per my low mileage driving pattern. The presence, driving pleasure and prestige of the Superb is notch above the competition.
Old 1st July 2012, 14:14   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Nitin, you have been in dilemma for quite a while now and your choices seem to change on a weekly basis. If I remember correctly you had already owned a Superb and must have sold it off on some specific requirement. So what is the point in returning back to it?
I never had a superb in my entire life other than Honda city, Innova and Fortuner which I'd recently sold.
Closed Thread