Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Closed Thread

Old 10th July 2011, 12:50   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Purchase Advice on a Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiDas View Post
Got delivery of our Yeti last evening.
Not a perfect dealership experience, but will post about it in the Initial Ownership Review.
Another thing that may surprise you all (it certainly surprised me) is that our Yeti is a Brilliant Silver, not an Aqua Mist shade. That is the result of another confusing blunder, but more on that in the Ownership thread, the link of which I shall post as soon as I write it.
Cheers!
Congratulations! To you as well as your mom and dad. I haven't seen a Silver Yeti on road yet. It must be looking great.

I must admit that much of your excitement has rubbed on me too. I'll lookout for your initial ownership report and photographs.

Do let Skoda know know everything that went wrong. However don't let the poor dealership experience detract you from the joys of the new car.

Now what you need is a BHPian sticker.

Drive safe.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
I didn't even know there was a latch like this on the passenger side. I just use the "unlock all doors" button on the central console tunnel to release the boot lock for inspection !
Not the boot, the bonnet! I did not know that bonnet could also be opened from "unlock all door" button on the central console. Thanks very much for pointing out. I'll try that.

@ MOD: I accidentally posted these back to back. Didn't notice this post earlier.

Last edited by SushilBajpai : 10th July 2011 at 12:58.
Old 10th July 2011, 14:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai

Not the boot, the bonnet! I did not know that bonnet could also be opened from "unlock all door" button on the central console. Thanks very much for pointing out. I'll try that.

@ MOD: I accidentally posted these back to back. Didn't notice this post earlier.
Thank you! I'll be ready to write the initial ownership report by next weekend. The Silver Yeti looks magnificent! We have already had a crazy experience with bystanders, in less than 12 hours of owning it!! The car is definitely a stunner on the road.

I dont think the bonnet opens with the unlock button. That would be a huge safety hazard.
Old 10th July 2011, 15:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

I was reading that Yeti base model is available for 14 lakhs ex showroom. That must be 1-2 lakhs off from the regular price. Did they offer you any benefits on the account of 10th anniversary celebrations?
Old 10th July 2011, 19:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai

Oh I meant boot so don't go on trying!
GloryManUnited is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 19:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna
I was reading that Yeti base model is available for 14 lakhs ex showroom. That must be 1-2 lakhs off from the regular price. Did they offer you any benefits on the account of 10th anniversary celebrations?
Nope. We booked on the 19th last month, and we merely got a 35k corporate benefit and a 30k "tax waiver".
But I do remember there was a 70k corporate benefit on the base (Ambiente) model. Adding to the alleged tax waiver, you've got almost a lakh off the regular Delhi ex-showroom price of around 15.2 lacs. And you can always bargain with the dealer for more. But believe me, the extra 1.6 lakh (approx.) for the Elegance model is REAL VFM.

P.S. Guess we have the first Brilliant Silver Yeti on TBHP now? =D
Old 11th July 2011, 00:16   #52
BHPian

Congrats on your silver beauty, AbiDas!!
Looking forward to a detailed ownership review!
The very best to your parents, wish you many happy miles ahead!!
Old 11th July 2011, 22:01   #53
BHPian

Thank you everybody!!
As promised, here go a few teasers.
Enjoy, and get ready for more in the review. =)
Attached Images

Old 11th July 2011, 22:46   #54
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support: Closing thread as the OP has bought the car. Please post further details in the ownership review. Thanks
Closed Thread