Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 21st February 2006, 13:56   #1
Default Greetings from Durvasa

Hi, Am in bangalore. work in a tech startup but not a programmer, unfortunately or otherwise.

Subscriber to almost all auto magazine and very keen reader of the latest auto-technology. Have been thru three cars in the last 7 years and now interested in buying a entry-level SUV or wannabe-SUV (CRV, Endeavour, Dicor) within the next 3 months, probably a used one.

help me avoid buying a new Innova, my wife's choice, if i can't get a good used SUV soon.

Last edited by durvasa : 21st February 2006 at 13:58.
durvasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 15:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thread moved to What Car?
Guys, all irrelevant posts have been deleted.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

if u r buying 2nd hand (n my guess is that ur budget is < 10 L look at the endeavour.

Stay away from used safaris since the pre dicor ones were pretty crap.

U could also look at a used Pajero, but that would be high on maintenance. u could get a decent one for 10L considering that a new one costs 18 L now.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 17:12   #4

Why not a scorpio? You can get a new one in the same amout of money as the Innova.
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 19:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, angry sage. TBHP will keep you happy.

Are you looking for a new vehicle or a used one? Nothing wrong with the Innova except for its van-like looks and some isolated complaints about loss of power and smoke after a few months. I dont think its something that Toyota cant fix.

I'd recommend you take a look at the Safari Dicor too - best combination of comfort, space, presence, torque and economy in that price band. The new Scorpio with retuned suspension is also around the corner.

Confusing, isnt it? No wonder you're Durvasa.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 18:24   #6

Thanks everyone.

yes my budget is ~10L and hopefully I can have a dekko at a used Endeavour or CRV for that. I did like Dicor (not other Safari Flavours) and am considering it.

For Scorpio, I am waiting for for the newer model, expected to be released any day with hopefully better high-speed steering and less rock&roll suspension.

About Innova, well nothing wrong with it, except that its innoVAN. If someone does not have an issue with driving a VAN, its probably the best family vehicle available in the market below 10L.

All said, I may end up with it.

Last edited by durvasa : 23rd February 2006 at 18:25.
durvasa is offline   Reply With Quote