Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 15:52   #76
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,384
Thanked: 14,313 Times
Default Re: Grand Vitara's first 21 days/1000Kms with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Also someone termed the car as a Bad roader, and couldn't be more right
That would be me. My GV's OE tyres got worn out at 17,000kms. That is because I exclusively drove the GV on really bad roads in the first two years.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 16:00   #77
BHPian
 
nanu28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 235
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Grand Vitara's first 21 days/1000Kms with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That would be me. My GV's OE tyres got worn out at 17,000kms. That is because I exclusively drove the GV on really bad roads in the first two years.
..yes, I have to give you that credit, the GV is wonderful on those roads, I passed a Scropio doing about 30-40Kms and a pajero who I could tell had too much body roll to swerve around the pot holes when he tried going faster, where as I could the GV maneuvered comfortably.

I love the car so far, thank youfor all the help.
nanu28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 16:25   #78
BHPian
 
mustysekhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jaggery Village
Posts: 63
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

the question is, which one you would recommended?
1. 2010 GV 2.4L, 15K kms - 13.5 lacs
2. 2010 Outlander 2.4L, 40 Kms -13 lacs
I have a August 2011 GV with less than 11K on the odometer and it's a AT version. Hands down winner, I suggest stick to the GV. I have driven it to Chandigarh (best roads), Rajasthan (Average roads - NH8) and multiple trips to UP (Think beyond Bareilly).

I was phasing out my 2006 Diesel Elantra and had a demand draft ready for a Cruze AT and decided on the last day to switch to a GV and I have no regrets.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th May 2012 at 13:56. Reason: quote tags fixed
mustysekhon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 21:10   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
I have a August 2011 GV with less than 11K on the odometer and it's a AT version. Hands down winner, I suggest stick to the GV. I have driven it to Chandigarh (best roads), Rajasthan (Average roads - NH8) and multiple trips to UP (Think beyond Bareilly).

I was phasing out my 2006 Diesel Elantra and had a demand draft ready for a Cruze AT and decided on the last day to switch to a GV and I have no regrets.
Thanks a lot! your comment reinforced my inclination towards a GV.

So, between GV and Outlander, which one would be better for the following parameters:

1. Off-road capabilities
2. Able to take a whole lot of abuse
3. Do 150 kmph on highways
4. Driving pleasure
5. Mileage (not that it matters between the two)
6. and of course, easy on pocket
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 22:23   #80
BHPian
 
mustysekhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jaggery Village
Posts: 63
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Thanks a lot! your comment reinforced my inclination towards a GV.

So, between GV and Outlander, which one would be better for the following parameters:

1. Off-road capabilities - No serious personal experience but seeing Raid De Himalaya and Desert Storm - GV performance has been good.
2. Able to take a whole lot of abuse - GV better
3. Do 150 kmph on highways - I think both can do but I prefer the GV
4. Driving pleasure - GV for me
5. Mileage (not that it matters between the two) - Not more than 1 kmpl would be my guess, but the pleasure's worth it.
6. and of course, easy on pocket -GV (Lower cost of spares and vast MASS network
For doing 1 (off road) and 2 (abuse), I would give a thumbs up to lower cost of maintenance for GV with the benefit of vast MASS network.
mustysekhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:42   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 1,005 Times
Default Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
For doing 1 (off road) and 2 (abuse), I would give a thumbs up to lower cost of maintenance for GV with the benefit of vast MASS network.

Both are equal in specifications, but GV is built tougher, while the Outlander is more luxurious. I do not think that Outlander comes with manual transmission.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 13:46   #82
BHPian
 
TRANSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 558
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

The GV maybe good on several aspectsm including cheaper spares in the long run, being a maruti offering and besides the number of service centres they have across the country.

Also do check if the Outlander is the face-lifted one with the Honeycomb grill or the earlier version, as i have been noticing adverts for the 2011 ones going for 17-18l back here in mumbai, those are the newer ones for sure.
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 23:01   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

Hi guys, finally found a mint condition GV. It's a 2.0 L, manufactured in Nov 2008, 33K kms done, silver, single owner (old driver), Delhi registered. Insurance till 31st Oct 2012. All service records, clean car. Asking price is 8.5. I have offered 7 lacs and most likely, the owner will most likely bulge. If not, most I can offer is 7.25 lacs. is it a good deal? What do you guys think? How much should I offer?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 23:46   #84
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 398
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: From Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPi to a Grand Vitara. Or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi guys, finally found a mint condition GV. It's a 2.0 L, manufactured in Nov 2008, 33K kms done, silver, single owner (old driver), Delhi registered. Insurance till 31st Oct 2012. All service records, clean car. Asking price is 8.5. I have offered 7 lacs and most likely, the owner will most likely bulge. If not, most I can offer is 7.25 lacs. is it a good deal? What do you guys think? How much should I offer?

Very optimistic!

That is not to say your offer will not succeed.
In the current scenario with fuel prices surging you could well succeed, however around 8 is what most folks are transacting such vehicles. All the best and hope you succeed.
RS_DEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Octavia RS 1.8 TPi Gearbox gone kaput @ 60,000 Kms!! nanu28 Technical Stuff 34 22nd March 2011 12:08
Stage Two Mods on my Skoda 1.8 TPi shuvd Modifications & Accessories 228 26th June 2010 20:27
Skoda TPI & vRS whats the TCS button? nanu28 Technical Stuff 29 17th October 2008 15:29
Hiquphon tweeters ow2 or something else. amangujral06 Gadgets, Computers & Software 9 6th June 2008 19:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks