Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 28th March 2006, 13:46   #1
BHPian

Default Tavera or Scorpio

Hi,

I plan to go in for a car that can seat 7 or so. I dont need too much power or style and my budget is 8 lac max. I need reasonable FE.
Innova looks way too expensive so I think it is down to the Tavera or scorp. Please advice.

Rayden
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 15:41   #2
BHPian

Both the tavera and scorpio cannot seat 7 in comfort.
If FE is a top priority take the tavera.
I think you will be able to get g1 version of Innova within your budget. It is surely worth the premium
tsreekaranrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 16:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you dont need too much of power or style and would like good FE, the Tavera is a good choice. Like rao says neither of them can seat 7 in comfort, though the Tavera does a better job of it. The Tavera also doubles up very well as a load carrier because the seats go down to floor level to give you a flat loading area. FE is also very good, and with the right accessories it can look pretty smart too.

However, test drive the NEW Scorpio before you decide - that engine is to so smooth its unbelievable.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 16:13   #4
BANNED

Either the G1 Innova or if you can put in another 10K the ED would fit right in.
Having driven the Scorpio and the Tavera extensively, I would choose the scorpio anyday for the sole and simple reason that the seats a a million times better in the scorpio than the Tavera, but then again thats just me
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 16:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Are you looking at these two vehicles primarily as city cars? If so then Scorpio can be a real fundoo car to own with a good peppy engine and also has tremendous appeal that comes with its butch looks.

However for a highway run Scorpio is not so good. Tavera may prove better here. Also, Tavera will have a better FE.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 16:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Having driven the Scorpio and the Tavera extensively, I would choose the scorpio anyday for the sole and simple reason that the seats a a million times better in the scorpio than the Tavera, but then again thats just me
i agree with you. however, i donno whether its million times comfortable, because i have just sat once during a test drive in tavera , but i also felt seats are better in scorpio. especially the last row..
tifosikrishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 17:42   #7
BHPian

Default Thanks

Thanks all !!!

The choice seems unanimous -- The new Scorpio

I may have to stretch my budget a bit for the DX version i guess.
It is about 8.5 Lacs on road correct me if I am wrong.

As a matter of fact, I booked a Scorpio CRDE 3 months ago but cancelled it because I felt that the suspension was really bad. They might have got that fixed in the new version though. Otherwise it felt brilliant --> power, size and all.

Rayden
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 00:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Are you looking at these two vehicles primarily as city cars? If so then Scorpio can be a real fundoo car to own with a good peppy engine and also has tremendous appeal that comes with its butch looks.

However for a highway run Scorpio is not so good. Tavera may prove better here. Also, Tavera will have a better FE.
Spot On, can't agree more !!
man23ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 08:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
Thanks all !!!

The choice seems unanimous -- The new Scorpio

I may have to stretch my budget a bit for the DX version i guess.
It is about 8.5 Lacs on road correct me if I am wrong.

As a matter of fact, I booked a Scorpio CRDE 3 months ago but cancelled it because I felt that the suspension was really bad. They might have got that fixed in the new version though. Otherwise it felt brilliant --> power, size and all.

Rayden
Rayden according to a few team bhp memebers who have test driven the new scorpio say that there have been no great changes from the old scorpio.
Do take a test drive before you decide!!
tsreekaranrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 10:37   #10
BANNED

FE is only one side of the coin,maintanence cost of Scorpio vs Tavera is where the former will win Hands down i suppose.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote