Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: New Pajero Sport or New Toyota Fortuner?
New Pajero Sport 14 66.67%
New Toyota Fortuner 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th May 2017, 12:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport or Toyota Fortuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shireeshjacobs View Post
What do you recommend?
All of them have their pros and cons. What are your requirements?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 22:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
All of them have their pros and cons. What are your requirements?
I'm actually narrowed down to two options. Pajero Sport vs Pajero SFX (2009-2011) vs 2010-2012 Fortuner
shireeshjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2017, 01:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

With Pajero SFX- you will have spares issue along with fake parts available in the market. You might feel the interior to be outdated but driving is a pleasure and finding a genuine low mileage one will be difficult. It feels like you are driving a tank and going for a war, thats my personal opinion and I love it.

Pajero sport- Very comfortable on and off road, well composed driving, does not feel claustrophobic inside. Does not have the short service/ pre maintenance schedules like Fortuner. Braking is far better and more comfortable then Fortuner. Steering feedback is far better and don't get any road jerks transferred through steering like fortunes. Some might agree with me on this and some might not. But very thin service network and resale value is not as good as Toyota.

Fortuner- Well this won't come cheap due to better resale value. Service network far better then the rest. Reliability of Toyota is unmatched. Parts not an issue. Only downside I see is the comfort level(specially the middle seat), braking and steering feedback which I don't like. Off road handling/comfort not as good as Mitsubishi.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 00:04   #64
BHPian

I have been using a Pajero SFX for the last 7 years and Clocked over a lakh km and I can tell you that it's a very reliable and well built car. How ever the cons you must know are as below:
1. Dealer network is small.
2. Parts availability is a problem for non running parts , however all the dealers have assured me that any parts can be arranged within a week from chennai plant.
3. The vibration caused due to critical rpm of the engine is quiet profound in the 4m40 Diesel engine . It's a problem on all pajero cars with 4m40 engine.
4.Original oem parts are prohibitively expensive, for instance front brake pads cost 9000/- for set and rear 6000/-, however brembo pads are available from their authorised dealers in chennai and Goa for half the price.
4.Its a big car but the storage spaces for knick knacks is very limited.
5. Third row seat accessibility is poor with folding required for middle row.
6. Turning radius is not so good and you will require to make a few manoeuvres to come out of congested parkings.
7. Again it's a very big car so it requires a larger parking lot.
8. Dated design and look stands apart from new Gen vehicles, and you may feel like a relic sitting in one of these , but it's an absolutely fabulous car to drive.
9. Indian model sfx have been fitted with LSD (limited slip diff), however the earlier imported examples have had rear locking diff. In my opinion the vehicles with rear locking diff performs better in Low traction eventful dresses
cjt2012 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote