Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 5th July 2017, 22:50   #211
BHPian

Default Re: The search for the Family Long Distance Tourer begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Lol if we were to evaluate the seating space of cars from the looks of it then even an empty Polo would seem spacious. It would be better if you try out the Altis in person and then make such statements. It's not just me but probably every other person even on the forum who has been on the back seat of the Altis can vouch for the space and comfort.
You're right. You know what, I think I will seek out a used Corolla and test out that back seat. Will report back after.
mohansrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 23:08   #212
Senior - BHPian

Corolla and Accord have decent amounts of space. If you want ample rear seat space in cheaper cars try the Honda Amaze.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 08:52   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
With due respect, I disagree on this my friend.
I am using a petrol Ertiga for last 4 year. Already driven 65000+ km. Lots of highway trip which include many ghat section. You are from Pune, so you know better, how we surrounded with lots of ghats.

All my trips with at least 4 passenger and sometimes 7 passenger. I never feel under power in ghat section even with AC on. Yes sometimes it required quick down shift to gain the speed.

Itís not that bad how you describe.

Yes, CNG version(Less BHP in comparison to only petrol model) of Ertiga may struggling at ghat section but never the petrol one.

Is your friend have Petrol model or Petrol+CNG model ?
No it is a pure pertol ZXi model.

I have driven over the very same ghat roads, near Pune, in a 800, Wagon-R, Santro AT, Ford Fusion and Grand Vitara. My take - all of them manage the slopes, but there is no getting away from the fact that the Ertiga has a very narrow torque band in such situations.

Going in for the AT model of the Ertiga will help as the torque convertor in the gear box will help a lot.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 09:02   #214
BHPian

The Ertiga's seating Ergonomics are spot on. Very roomy and a proper 5 seater. The 3rd. row is manageable, but a bit bouncy. City ride is excellent and the size is perfect for crowded roads. Highway ride is also good. ( I am now spoilt by my Grand Vitara)

Actually Maruti should offer the 1.4L Turbo petrol in this vehicle.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2017, 12:25   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
The Ertiga's seating Ergonomics are spot on. Very roomy and a proper 5 seater. The 3rd. row is manageable, but a bit bouncy. City ride is excellent and the size is perfect for crowded roads. Highway ride is also good. ( I am now spoilt by my Grand Vitara)

Actually Maruti should offer the 1.4L Turbo petrol in this vehicle.
Thats an excellent statement till you take a back to back ride in the Ciaz. That is miles ahead.

Personally, I finally ended up buying a Ford Figo Aspire. But more on that some other time.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 07:47   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thats an excellent statement till you take a back to back ride in the Ciaz. That is miles ahead.

Personally, I finally ended up buying a Ford Figo Aspire. But more on that some other time.
I got a fiesta Phamilyman - lovely long distance tourer, only perish the thought of it seating five people in comfort thanks to a cramped rear seat and a huge hump on the floor. Drives with family will be on the amaze - fiesta is for my regular monthly or so commute to bangalore.

ps - missed you on the tbhp chennai sriharikota drive
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 08:58   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I got a fiesta Phamilyman - lovely long distance tourer, only perish the thought of it seating five people in comfort thanks to a cramped rear seat and a huge hump on the floor. Drives with family will be on the amaze - fiesta is for my regular monthly or so commute to bangalore.

ps - missed you on the tbhp chennai sriharikota drive
Interesting. In our case, we are only 3 so the Aspire is enough for our needs. Plus unlike the Creta, I can park it in one swift movement, without a 3 point reverse twice a day
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote