Mahindra XUV500 150 49.18%
Toyota Fortuner 155 50.82%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st August 2017, 19:22   #316
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fortuner 4X2 AT Vs Mahindra XUV5OO W10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Speaking about the Crysta, There are too many niggles such as misaligned tyres, brake rotor issues, engine malfunction light glowing abruptly, water leakage to name a few, which questions the bullet proof reliability of Innova. Plus the cool attitude from Toyota is not acceptable.
Do keep in mind that it is the same Toyota that makes both these cars and they have a very similar architecture and many common parts. If it was me, I would go for the Crysta and save the 8-9 lacs . If you aren't comfortable buying a 20L car from them, i suggest dont buy a 30L one either.

If you are going to use the car as much as the City, The hexa would be a good choice( for 7-8 yrs). If you think of selling early, within 5 years just go with a Toyota. Before buying a car, do try all alternatives, and I mean all, even the MU-X , and Hexa and whichever 7 seater I maybe missing out on.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 19:57   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

The hexa would be a good choice( for 7-8 yrs). If you think of selling early, within 5 years just go with a Toyota
I thought the other way around.....If you want to clock more kms & keep the vehicle for 7-8 years, buy Toyota...I believe their engines are rock solid & can easily do more kms (2-6 Lakhs) without any major trouble.

Heard that reliability will be the a major concern for mahindra/Tata etc once the vehicle clock 1L-1.5L kms
Surprise is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 00:35   #318

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How frequently does the entire family go out on the highway?
This is just one of the aspects to buy a SUV rather than renting it. My father travels a lot due to our business. A Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi run once or twice every two weeks, A visit to the Natives in Amritsar every two - three months (Whole family) and a drive in the Summer Holidays(again all 6 of us). All of this was done on City, Hence the need here, according to me is justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Do keep in mind that it is the same Toyota that makes both these cars and they have a very similar architecture and many common parts. If it was me, I would go for the Crysta and save the 8-9 lacs . If you aren't comfortable buying a 20L car from them, i suggest dont buy a 30L one either.
I must say you have a very valid point here. Indeed both the cars have similar architecture, but then I did not come across any major problems on the Fortuner reported by BHPians (Do link a thread If you find some). I dont want to take a chance with the safety of my family (It is not about the safety features but reliability). And moreover, existing Innova Crysta Niggles thread is sufficient to scare me and keep me away from buying it, but then it is my perspective. Hope you understand the point here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I thought the other way around.....If you want to clock more kms & keep the vehicle for 7-8 years, buy Toyota...I believe their engines are rock solid & can easily do more kms (2-6 Lakhs) without any major trouble.
Manan_02 is offline   Reply With Quote