Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 13th July 2015, 09:39   #46
BHPian

Default Buying a used XUV500 - How can i get service history?

Experts,

I am looking to a buy an used XUV500. There is one vehicle which has caught my attention. Its a 2014, W8 AWD model. Deal is happening in Bangalore.

I have few questions, need your expert suggestion on the same
  • Vehicle has run 12198 KM. since its just 1 year old i am assuming it is still under warranty. I guess Mahindra offers 3 years or 1 lakh KM standard warranty
  • Can i get extended warranty (4th or 5th year) after purchase?
  • Can i just walk into the local Mahindra Service center and get a service history of the car? Do i need to have some connection to get this info?
  • I want to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong with the vehicle, since the owner is selling it just after an year.

Appreciate your valuable comments on the same.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th July 2015 at 10:30. Reason: Please do a search before creating new threads. Appreciate the support. Thanks!
rave20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 17:03   #47

Default Re: Buying a used Mahindra XUV500

HI all

I am looking at a used xuv 500 w10 and it has run 3300 kms

its a june 2015 model

its NOT a AWD

what should i pay , the dealer is asking 17.25 and new is available for 18

again since it is from navi mumbai , i may have to bear the cost of transfer to mumbai.

car is in mint condition.

regards
vishal
vdpandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 17:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdpandit View Post
HI all

I am looking at a used xuv 500 w10 and it has run 3300 kms

its a june 2015 model

its NOT a AWD

what should i pay , the dealer is asking 17.25 and new is available for 18

again since it is from navi mumbai , i may have to bear the cost of transfer to mumbai.

car is in mint condition.

regards
vishal
Hi Vishal.
I guess the dealer is asking for a bit too much. 16.5Lacs should be a good price for it.
rajamuneeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:25   #49
BHPian

Looking for a pre-worshiped XUV500 W6 / W8, major online sites (carwale, cartrade etc), dealers are asking very very high pricing 10lacs+, but resale value is no that high, when you go to sell nobody quotes prices above 8 lacs for W8.

I sold mine for 8 lacs 1 year ago, black, W8 2013 model 70k kms.
dreamz_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 18:16   #50
BHPian

Folks,

Hows the below deal for a Mumbai registered car:

Company Warranty: Available
Place: Mumbai, MH 02.
Car: Mahindra XUV500
Transmission: AT
Variant: W10 AWD
Year of Manufacture: 2016
Color: Silver
ODO reading: 18000
Insurance: Third Party.
No of Owners: 1
Extended warranty: Not available.
Full service records available.
Asking price: Rs 15.5 lakhs. Not including transfer.

How's the deal? Does the second owner get to use the warranty?
@Chaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 22:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Year of Manufacture: 2016
Insurance: Third Party.
Extended warranty: Not available.
Were you able to dig out the reason behind Third party insurance on a vehicle that is around 1 year old and why the extended warranty was not a part of purchase for a vehicle costing over 17L?
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Were you able to dig out the reason behind Third party insurance on a vehicle that is around 1 year old and why the extended warranty was not a part of purchase for a vehicle costing over 17L?
Just my 2 cents.

The owner would have purchased a new car and had the NCB transferred to it, thus demoting the XUV's policy from B2B to third party.

I own a XUV, bought it in 2013. I received a call from M&M in NOV 2015 offering me an extended warranty for two years by paying an additional amount when I visit the SS for my third year service. A friend of mine had received the same call, but he was offered an extended warranty for just 1 year only. His car was clocked nearly 60K by that time and mine was less than 40K. Both are 2013 models, same trim.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2017, 08:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
It's a March 2016 registered vehicle. Insurance expired and owner was planning to sell it off anyways and hence went for third party.

Extended warranty can be purchased later on also. So maybe owner was not planning to keep the car for long or maybe though that he could purchase it later as well.

By the way, both of the above don't seem deal breakers to me assuming that the vehicle is accident free. Would welcome the views of other members as well though.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 14:27   #54
BHPian

After banging my head against the wall trying to buy a pre-owned Storme-two sellers backtracking at the point of closing the transaction - I am veering towards buying a XUV. Primary criteria being spacious 5 seater with enough of a road presence . Iffy service quality apart, is a vehicle that has between 50k-60k mileage on the Odometer worth a look?
I am aware of the caveats WRT examining maintenance records and pre-purchase inspection at a manufacturer authorized servise station.
My query therefore essentially is, does the vehicle age well enough to be considered good for another 100k KM, subject to requiring normal maintenance, given the kilometres it has crunched?

Last edited by RS_DEL : 8th August 2017 at 14:37.
RS_DEL is offline   Reply With Quote