Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s


View Poll Results: Which medium-size MPV would you choose?
Honda Mobilio 105 22.63%
Maruti Ertiga 359 77.37%
Voters: 464. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 15:02   #166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 174
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio vs Maruti Ertiga

Hi All,

I have bought my carnelian red pearl Mobilio i-Dtec S after much persuasion and at least 5 test drives of Ertiga. Although Ertiga was one lakh cheaper than S model of mobilio but the performance of Air-conditioner and the acceleration was not up-to the expectation. Tried to convince myself a lot but somehow the brand value, maintenance cost, driving pleasure, air-conditioner performance in peak June summers was not acceptable at all. Will post complete ten thousand Kilometres update soon
su1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 01:01   #167
BHPian
 
andydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 82
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Hi All,

I have bought my carnelian red pearl Mobilio i-Dtec S after much persuasion and at least 5 test drives of Ertiga. Although Ertiga was one lakh cheaper than S model of mobilio but the performance of Air-conditioner and the acceleration was not up-to the expectation. Tried to convince myself a lot but somehow the brand value, maintenance cost, driving pleasure, air-conditioner performance in peak June summers was not acceptable at all. Will post complete ten thousand Kilometres update soon

Congratulations!! Good choice of car and dashing colour. Enjoy the new drive.
andydude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:43   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 174
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio vs Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Congratulations!! Good choice of car and dashing colour. Enjoy the new drive.
thanks mate. the car is actually great to drive and has an awesome mileage. It gives me 21-22 KMPL on my daily runs. I know that we have die-hard brand ambassadors here who would swear by the name of Maruti and would do anything anytime anyday to prove that Maruti is way better than Honda in all terms. Was reading in another forum about the strategy of Honda. They have declared that they are concentrating solely on Quality products. I know that with this statement of mine, Honda bashers would come in full force on me mentioning that the seats are thin/dashboard looks pathetic etc. But in my opinion, these are just individual opinions and excuses to prove Maruti right. I would concentrate on the road and enjoy the drive rather than concentrating on the dashboard layout. Seats are perfect for my use and i do not feel any issue with them. Mass market products are not honda's priority. Rightly said by them. They are very true to their words. Where else in the world do we find a product as powerful (100 BHP-1500 CC engine, 210 NM of torque at 3500 RPM) delivering an ARAI certified mileage of 24.5 Kilometres to a litre and actual onroad figures mentioned above. An open challenge to the Ertigas running on the road.
su1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 17:33   #169
BHPian
 
maximus.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda Mobilio vs Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
thanks mate. the car is actually great to drive and has an awesome mileage. It gives me 21-22 KMPL on my daily runs. I know that we have die-hard brand ambassadors here who would swear by the name of Maruti and would do anything anytime anyday to prove that Maruti is way better than Honda in all terms. Was reading in another forum about the strategy of Honda. They have declared that they are concentrating solely on Quality products. I know that with this statement of mine, Honda bashers would come in full force on me mentioning that the seats are thin/dashboard looks pathetic etc. But in my opinion, these are just individual opinions and excuses to prove Maruti right. I would concentrate on the road and enjoy the drive rather than concentrating on the dashboard layout. Seats are perfect for my use and i do not feel any issue with them. Mass market products are not honda's priority. Rightly said by them. They are very true to their words. Where else in the world do we find a product as powerful (100 BHP-1500 CC engine, 210 NM of torque at 3500 RPM) delivering an ARAI certified mileage of 24.5 Kilometres to a litre and actual onroad figures mentioned above. An open challenge to the Ertigas running on the road.
I second your opinion & agree with the mileage figures. Owing Mobilio I-Dtec, i have completed one year with 22k on the Odo & have done several long journey's without any issues. Mobilio handles brilliantly with high ground clearance & there are no rattling issues, even on Bangalore roads. . There is always that extra pleasure when fuel efficiency is 20+ which makes Mobilio more desirable for me.
maximus. is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a *true* 7-seater in the Indian MUV market? Xylo vs Innova vs Ertiga/Mobilio DCEite SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 106 8th September 2017 01:31
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29 MYB The Indian Car Scene 594 20th July 2014 22:15
HONDA MOBILIO in New Delhi redcandle Super-Cars & Imports in India 4 22nd December 2006 12:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks