Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: What's your pick from this 4x4 choice?
Mahindra XUV5OO 112 33.33%
Mahindra Scorpio 32 9.52%
Tata Safari Storme 140 41.67%
Tata Aria 14 4.17%
Renault Duster 38 11.31%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th November 2015, 11:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria

Well done. Once decision taken stick to that. There will be a lot of opportunities for the naysayers to point fingers at you but that happens in any passionate decision. No point in regretting later. Having said that, I don't think the Storme will disappoint you.
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 12:42   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Safari Storme or others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
After years of deliberations and drooling over Safari, I finally booked a 4X4 for myself. I hope it will not let me down as the decision required a lot of effort in convincing my family. I will get the delivery in last week of November.
Congrats on your decision Sourabh & welcome to SOUL (Safari Owners United League). I'm sure the beast will live up to your expectations.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 13:57   #63
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria

Congrats! Welcome to the Safari / Storme league. Do not worry, you have made a good decision. I am sure you'll enjoy miles and miles of her company. Looking forward to pictures...
mayuresh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 20:35   #64
BHPian

With the introduction of the Automatic gears in XUV500 we have another opton to choose from.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 00:45   #65
BHPian

Good time to revive this thread with the launch of the XUV 500 and the Safari Storme Varicor 400.

I feel lot of buyers might opt for the XUV simply because of the AT/AWD combination.
mayank0782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 10:02   #66
BHPian

Agree with mayank0782
I voted for XUV500, but that's only because it has the most necessary automatic transmission, if the Storm had one my vote would have changed.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 15:28   #67
BHPian

Mahindra has launched the XUV 500 automatic variant recently and it is available in W8 FWD and W10 AWD and FWD. This is going to be a game changer as XUV has the features and the comfort of one class above and with the automatic thrown in, its a really good deal . I already did a pre booking!!
manishverma0675 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 20:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
Mahindra has launched the XUV 500 automatic variant recently and it is available in W8 FWD and W10 AWD and FWD. This is going to be a game changer as XUV has the features and the comfort of one class above and with the automatic thrown in, its a really good deal . I already did a pre booking!!
Great decision there and one does not have any other choice at that price point with the combination of AWD+A/T. The Creta does have a interesting proposition with the A/T box but does looses out in terms of features compared to XUV for a marginal price difference between the two.

What is the information you have on the deliveries? What variant have you booked?
Venku2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2015, 12:09   #69
BHPian

I booked the W10 FWD version.Delivery expected in the last week of February.
I am still mulling whether to upgrade to W10 AWD A/T.
manishverma0675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your booking! Your upgrade confusion is a bit tedious since I assume you have booked a MT version of the W10 FWD.

You need to ask yourself whether you need a Automatic and an AWD. Off course the AWD with A/T is a great variant and you need to evaluate whether you need it really, if you or any ladies in the family will be driving too, then the A/T makes for a great choice.

For most of the Indian driving conditions the XUV FWD does the job, but AWD comes to rescue during steep muddy roads, beaches, steep inclines in mall parking's etc. and does help during regular highway driving too as the XUV AWD system sends power intelligently to the rear only when required otherwise behaves as a FWD car.

Last edited by Venku2015 : 23rd December 2015 at 14:01.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Looking at your garage, I guess AWD A/T will be ideal upgrade. Auto transmission is the future considering the increasing congestion on Indian roads. AWD is always an added advantage.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Congratulations on your booking! Your upgrade confusion is a bit tedious since I assume you have booked a MT version of the W10 FWD.

You need to ask yourself whether you need a Automatic and an AWD. Off course the AWD with A/T is a great variant and you need to evaluate whether you need it really, if you or any ladies in the family will be driving too, then the A/T makes for a great choice.

For most of the Indian driving conditions the XUV FWD does the job, but AWD comes to rescue during steep muddy roads, beaches, steep inclines in mall parking's etc. and does help during regular highway driving too as the XUV AWD system sends power intelligently to the rear only when required otherwise behaves as a FWD car.
I booked the W10 A/T version FWD but am wondering if I should go for the AWD version.I think you are right AWD will be a big boon in 4X4 conditions
manishverma0675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 23:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the W10 A/T version FWD but am wondering if I should go for the AWD version.I think you are right AWD will be a big boon in 4X4 conditions
If you even have the slightest doubt and craving for AWD, go ahead for it. For a lakh Rs more you get almost a go anywhere SUV and as per me, the SUV definition is incomplete without an AWD or 4x4. Also if opting for AWD A/T, then be ready to wait for a minimum of 20 to 30 days.
Note: Waiting period varies per city.
Venku2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2015, 14:16   #74
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 28th December 2015 at 09:51.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 14th January 2016, 10:59   #75

I am not sure if I am thinking on the right lines here, and seeking advice from the cumulative knowledge of this forum. I want to buy an SUV to:
1. Move 4 adults and 2 kids.
2. The vehicle should be able to take me to some of the more difficult terrains like Spiti loop, Ladakh circuit et.al.
3. Budget ~15L
4. Monthly running of 1500 KM mostly in city
5. Monthly excursion on highways/hills

I am a middle level employee in IT (~18L PA from all sources combines, post taxes). So need to be considerate about the appetite for niggles and time required at workshops.

Should I be considering:
New Storme 400 - 4X4
New XUV 500 - AWD
Used Fortuner AWD (Run around 50K KM)
Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote