Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: What's your pick from this 4x4 choice?
Mahindra XUV5OO 112 33.33%
Mahindra Scorpio 32 9.52%
Tata Safari Storme 140 41.67%
Tata Aria 14 4.17%
Renault Duster 38 11.31%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th October 2016, 14:05   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Bored of driving, need a SUV again to reclaim my life. Help me.

Hello NST440,
I guess its better to go for a Strome rather than a Dicor. I myself drive a Dicor and insane on my part to say so but thinking a little practical surely points out more fingers towards the refreshed model of the Storme. Its refined, has a new build, decent interiors and the niggles of the Dicor have been addressed in the Storme to some extent.

Basic mechanical improvements include Engine, Clutch and Steering system which are leagues ahead of the Dicor. The Dicor is more in the crude form. Its challenging to drive after a few kms on the odo but I like it that way. The Varicor engine of the Storme is very good when compared to the Dicor. The clutch is butter smooth and really stays that way after usage for a good number of kms which is not the case with Dicor. The steering is also better than the Dicor. Apart from these the head lights are better than the Dicor. The ride quality has also improved a lot when compared to Dicor.
I am just highlighting the major and important differences.
I suggest you to take back to back test drives of both the vehicles and take a call. My vote goes with the Storme.
Ani0404 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 15:13   #107
BHPian

Default Re: Bored of driving, need a SUV again to reclaim my life. Help me.

Since yours is the diesel i20 I thought its exciting to drive as compared to petrol which feels like a dead horse.
Anyways, if you are really keen to buy something nice, I'd advice you to sell the elite i20 too and have only one vehicle. Because yearly maintainance and insurance will set you back by at least 30k a year for the i20.
OTOH, you could retire the Punto and replace with Elite i20

I can totally understand your feelings about the Scorpio. Indian car market is really strange if we analyse the sales figures of some of the cars.

Buy a Storme. It's a great vehicle. One that connects with your heart and soul. And it isn't just about the looks or presence. The ride quality and driveability is superb too.
Have they discontinued the Black color? Because I had seen some ownership reviews of Safari in black. I too feel that Black suits the Safari best.

All the best.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 21:00   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Thank you @sheel the battle now is more of whether to go for a dicor or storme . Although i have driven both i am still unable to finalise one.
After driving the Storme, I won't even touch the Dicor. The ride/handling, steering feel is a huge improvement over the Dicor.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 22:45   #109
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
After driving the Storme, I won't even touch the Dicor. The ride/handling, steering feel is a huge improvement over the Dicor.
Thank you@sheel for the vital input. Do you or anybody here have an idea of the details of Storme LX variant( refresh). I was surfing over the same and did not find even a single image or ownership of the refresh Storme LX. Since my budget can be stretched only upto the LX variant, i am not in for the EX variant. Also, i have come to know that the LX comes with black cladding and only 2 colour options- white and silver. is that the case? Please enlighten so that the decison can be taken.
NST440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 08:21   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was surfing over the same and did not find even a single image or ownership of the refresh Storme LX.

Also, i have come to know that the LX comes with black cladding and only 2 colour options- white and silver. is that the case? Please enlighten so that the decison can be taken.
You may refer my 2 yr - ~ 43k kms ownership thread on the Lx - original version. Like you mentioned, there are some missing bits in the refresh including missing last row seats, smaller wheels ( pls re-confirm ), missing rear discs, no music system and some other smaller bits.

I would suggest you try to stretch to the Ex or alternately consider looking out for some well maintained used samples of the earlier Lx, Vx, Ex or even new gen model. You will save a good amount in the initial depreciation hit.
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 09:17   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you or anybody here have an idea of the details of Storme LX variant( refresh).
The last refresh is not a major change, but some bits & pieces were lost. Like Narayan said, and from my own experience, get the EX. Stretch it a bit. Recently had seen offers of upto 1L on the Storme. Even if the EX had only about 60-65k worth of discounts, it will help you bridge the gap.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 11:04   #112
BHPian

@NST440 Bro get rid of your sadness and bring in the Storme of happiness. I would highly recommend Storme over dicor. It will truly keep you smiling always.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 11:36   #113
BHPian

Although it lacks the creature comforts, Safari is still the favorite of the lot. Hopefully, Tatas can SOMEDAY get a focused guy to lead the passenger cars vertical and cash in on the huge fanboys (me included) of Safari.
atul.sxna is offline   Reply With Quote