Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Hyundai Creta 136 18.89%
Renault Duster 115 15.97%
Mahindra XUV500 322 44.72%
Ford EcoSport 46 6.39%
Mahindra Scorpio 30 4.17%
Tata Safari Storme 71 9.86%
Voters: 720. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th August 2016, 12:49   #181
Default Re: Hyundai Creta vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Others

My search for the best automatic SUV out there took me to Duster, Creta, XUV and even the Innova.

A small summary of my Test drive experiences. I tend to rate my test drives on terms with what i take back/remember from them.

Hyundai Creta AT
The Hyundai Creta AT was good to drive. This may not sound a logical reason, but there is nothing from the test drive I remember or cherish. It felt predictable and uninteresting. Or maybe like driving a raised i20. At over 16 Lakhs, Creta AT is currently my least preferred choice of the 4.

XUV500 W6 AT
I was happy to learn that the W6 AT comes with ESP and a 7 inch display. The commanding position and the size of the XUV500 are what I remember from the drive. I remember more engine noise in the car when the gear shifts.
I had the positive vibes with this vehicle, and decided to catch up with Mr Suresh Joseph (A Railway Man's Journey - look him up on his blog if you haven't! Its worth it!) who showed the confidence of driving from Kochi to St Peterburg in a new XUV500 W6 AT. He should be able to give a good picture on how the vehicle behaves and its fuel efficiency. He claims to have achieved 14 kmpl; which sounds great for an AT SUV it's size.
At the same price as Creta, I tend to like this one over the Creta. The only turn off is that Im worried the interiors is of a lower quality built, and might get noisy and squeaky after a while.
I haven't been able to test the new XUV on winding roads. I have an Altis that has significant body roll, and I hope this doesn't throw you around in the back seat. (I'd like to hear from someone who has experience with both these cars)

Innova Crysta AT
I had very high hopes on the crysta. But was disappointed to drive it. I found the innova steering to vibrate a bit, and wasn't silent and butter smooth to command a 10 Lakhs premium over the XUV500. I might as well buy and XUV500 and a Polo GT TSI than stretch my budget for this. I couldn't feel the extra power of a 2.8 engine either.
I'm definitely skipping this one.

Duster AMT
I hate the interiors of the duster. And it's pricing too. But after a test drive of the new full option which is priced at 14.8 Lakhs OTR after discount, it was something to consider. I've always liked the suspension and the ride quality of the vehicle. The AMT was fairly good and most importantly, I felt that the duster was quieter than the XUV. With the new infotainment system and ESP in place, I must admit this car has impressed me for now. Though the interiors look frugal, I get a feeling that they wont squeak.

And this, I am confused between the XUV and Duster.
The XUV would give me the feeling of driving something big and spacious but may not be as comfortable as the duster to travel or fuel efficient as the duster.
The duster on the other hand is Fuel efficient and comfortable to travel but will just feel like my jacked up Ritz diesel.
The Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote