Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2006, 19:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Innova 7 or 8 seater

My neighbour is going for an innova diesel g4 model.He would be using it for his own private use.He has a family of five.He does not require eight seats.He is slightly confused whether he should go in for the seven seater or the eight seater version.

1>.Is it true that the 8 seater is a three spoked steeering while the 7 seater is a four spoked steering.
2>.Is the 7 seater so luxurious that we should forgo the extra middle row seat of the 8 seater.Is the 7 seater practical for daily use to seat more than 4 people.
3>.Could any one help and tell wheter the 7 or 8 seater is more practical for day to day usage for a family of five.[Luggage not so much]

PS:question from my side:
Do we get vents for airconditioning on all rows even in the g1 model.Thats what he was saying.I feel he was wrong.Can anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 15th September 2006 at 20:04.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th September 2006, 20:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad

PS:question from my side:
Do we get vents for airconditioning on all rows even in the g1 model.Thats what he was saying.I feel he was wrong.Can anyone please correct me if I am wrong.
This is but just for my knowledge.
Old 15th September 2006, 20:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Also could people suggest the best colour for an innova.
Old 15th September 2006, 20:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have done some R and D on Innova, answers to your questions.

1. As per my knowledge no difference of steering based on seators of innova, every innova comes with 4 spoke.

2. 8 seator makes lot of sense If you have kids and managing them is easy in one way, but in another way 7 seator gives more luxury feel and comfort. I prefer 8 seator. Try both the type in showroom and decide.

G1 comes with single AC and G4 and V models have tripple row AC. For Innova best models are G4 and V since lot of great features in matter of 2 lacs difference.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 00:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey rahul_intlad,

1) I Think G1 And G4 Has 3 Spoke Steering Wheel Because These Models Comes Without SRS Air Bag.

2) If There More Than 4 Passengers Then 8 Seater Will Be Good For Daily use.

Only G4 And V Models Comes With All Rows Air Conditioning.

BTW : I Myself Have Black V 8 Seater.

Hope This Help.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 06:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

But I've heard that there is also a difference in tax between the 8-seater & 7-seater. Is that true ?

The vehicles with more than 7 seats will be regarded in the category of commercial vehicles and you've to pay the tax yearly or every 2 years. But in the case of 7-seater the road tax is payed fully when the vehicle leaves the showroom...
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 10:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Tax may vary depending on which state or city. In Bangalore hardly difference of 500 rs. as road tax/handling charges is there between 7 and 8 seator for white board Innova. Based on what Toyota executive told me no difference of tax between 7 and 8 seator.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 11:36   #8
BHPian

I feel 7 seater should be more comfortable as compared to 8. It comes with captain seats for the middle row.
grvanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 12:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

My friend bought 8 seater simply because he has a family of 5 (including one child). If he had bought 7 seater, one family member would have to sit on the last row and that wouldn't be as much fun as sitting all together on first two rows.

I agree with that logic so I believe 8 seater is more practical for a family of 5.
hondadude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 13:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Black 7-seater Innova .
I love the comfort!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 05:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
Tax may vary depending on which state or city. In Bangalore hardly difference of 500 rs. as road tax/handling charges is there between 7 and 8 seator for white board Innova. Based on what Toyota executive told me no difference of tax between 7 and 8 seator.

Regards,

Ravi.
But I've heard that in the case of 7-seater the road tax is payed fully when the vehicle leaves the showroom like in the case of Omni-5 seater.

But for 8-seater the tax needs to be paid every one/two years like in the case of Omni-8 seater, Right ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 09:52   #12
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
But I've heard that in the case of 7-seater the road tax is payed fully when the vehicle leaves the showroom like in the case of Omni-5 seater.

But for 8-seater the tax needs to be paid every one/two years like in the case of Omni-8 seater, Right ?
Not true! only if registered as a commercial vehicle you have to pay yearly taxes ( in Karnataka, I guess it is quarterly)
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 09:58   #13
Team-BHP Support

i feel the innova 7seater is more comfy. ive sat in both and the last row becomes really cramped in the 8seater which i did not find the case in the 7seater.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 10:00   #14
BHPian

Default Captain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand
I feel 7 seater should be more comfortable as compared to 8. It comes with captain seats for the middle row.
I know this is seriously , but I have heard this so often that I can't prevent myself from asking: What exactly is "captain" about those seats? Does anyone know?
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2006, 12:54   #15
BHPian

dont forget to get ur Innova chipped for more performance awesome response
Kinetik is offline   Reply With Quote