Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 10th February 2016, 20:03   #31
Default Re: My next rally partner - X5, Discovery Sport or something else?

Any reason you aren't considering the Prado? I'm not too sure about the pricing, but I'm pretty sure it would be better off-road than cars like the X5. That said, the Endeavor makes the most sense here IMO. It's more than enough for most people and will save you a lot of $$$ for a second car (if you need it) or you can just keep it safe for your next upgrade
AnInternetUser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 16:28   #32
Default Re: My next rally partner - X5, Discovery Sport or something else?

i think it is a Sapphire Black 3.0 X5 that joined the stable a few days back
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 20:45   #33
Default Starting issue with my new BMW X5

Hi Guys,

After having gone through the same dilemna, I took a delivery of brand new BMW X5 from Navnit motors (Bangalore) on 3rd April 2016.

While the initial impressions and purchases experience was great, after just 8 days of JOY, my X5 wouldn't start. It would crank but not start. Battery was ok though it had discharge warning signs at time. The car has done just over 500 kms, with quarter tank of fuel left after the first refuel.

The BMW Secure guys turned up and diagnosed the issue to be faulty fuel pressure pump, which is supposed be a mechanical component which doesn't indicate any warning sign on the dash. They said the car needs to be towed to the service center. "Towing away 8 day old vehicle !!!"

I was completely taken back, spoke to the sales guy, AGM Sales, and finally the regional sales head of BMW, who assured me to repair the car and revert asap. :(

I told them to have a brand new X5 (not the loan car) parked at my residence before they could tow away the car.

What is the right thing to do in this situation ?

I would want to press for a replacement as I'm not convinced that a new car could run into a mechanical glitch in just 8 days of city use (that too over Ugadi weekend with traffic free roads).

Request moderator to post this in relevant thread, couldn't find one on search. Any advice on this would be of a great help.

I don't intend to dent the company's reputation, however this seems to be major glitch in their testing & localization aspect.

Thanks in advance,
Attached Thumbnails
My next rally partner - X5, Discovery Sport or something else?-img20160411wa0004.jpg  

My next rally partner - X5, Discovery Sport or something else?-img20160411wa0003.jpg  

niruvrs9669 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 12:45   #34

Originally Posted by maven View Post
i think it is a Sapphire Black 3.0 X5 that joined the stable a few days back

Yes, that's indeed correct. I must say you have very strong information network

It is X5 3.0 DPE 7 seater. There are a few M performance add-one that are awaited and post that I shall share my experience here.

I am working on composite protection shields and AT tires. AT or cross tread in 255/55/R18 is not available in country so finding ways to get it before raid. Lots of preparation before Raid.

It will be unveiled here shortly. Thanks everyone for your advice, truly appreciate it.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote