Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Which compact SUV would you pick?
Maruti Vitara Brezza 198 32.62%
Ford EcoSport 353 58.15%
Mahindra TUV300 56 9.23%
Voters: 607. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12th September 2016, 00:32   #136
Default Re: Poll: Maruti Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300

My heart and mind both go for Ford Ecosport. However all the sales figures and various video reviews on Youtube confuse me. If I consider this poll to be ultimate test then i am right however sales stats paint a different picture.

By the way Maruti has always been the king of small cars. None of their premium cars (Sedans) have clicked, be it the old Baleno, SX4, Kizashi, Grand Vitara and even Zypsy (except for police and armed forces). Considering the history it does surprise me the success Ciaz and Brezza are getting. Aug sales figure state Ciaz is selling more than City, what could explain this. Is this crowd mentality or something else.

IMHO the only one thing that Maruti is strong in is their service network. People talk about their A.S.S but somehow i am not convinced. Go to any of their Authorized service centers and its a "Mela" out their. You have to wait for at least an hour to even get the job-card made. If you are not happy with their service and you rate your experience accordingly the service incharge will start calling you to change your rating.

So, to be true for me the question remains, why is Brezza selling like hot cakes? Is there something that i am missing? Any advice?
BayB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 03:32   #137

The Brezza is selling in huge numbers because its a maruti. Period. People have faith in the brand and there are several other reasons like as you mentioned the herd mentality, impressive sales and service coverage lesser or no niggles and frugal/fuel efficient engines. Apart from these, the Brezza looks refreshing and it hides its compact dimensions very smartly.

Now imagine the ecosport as a maruti product, on sale at the current cost. Which one would sell more? The Brezza or the Ecosport? I believe the Ecosport will beat the Brezza considering it is better built, looks great, has a better engines to chose from, and is a safer car with 6 airbags and emergency calling.

Ford is way behind maruti in terms of sales, service, product portfolio etc but offers good cars and that matters the most.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 12th September 2016 at 03:39.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 08:17   #138
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Brezza. Amongst the 3, this is the only future proof vehicle. Its engineered to pass Indian crash tests which come into effect in 2017. Its got arguably the best engine amongst the 3. Though you have a long waiting period, in its petrol avatar with the booster jet engine and in LXi trim, this one I reckon will also be the cheapest of the 3 to own.

The Brezza is akin to a clean sheet of paper, if you buy one in white, which incidentally is the largest selling colour, you can wrap it in any hue that you fancy. In other words, this amongst the 3 lends itself best to customization

OT:- I wonder what it is with the forum, in most polls, what we think is not what the general public think. If all were to think like us, then the EcoSport would be the one raking in the moolah. Anyways, guess a leopard cannot change its spots

If the soon to be launched face-lifted EcoSport was here, then I would have definitely re-thought on my vote
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 17:54   #139

Voted - for the Ford Ecosport

1. Solid Build Quality
2. Great on highways
3. 6 Airbags
4. Better interiors

During a test ride of the ecosport - I sportingly asked the guy to show me the engine, so that I could see how clean is the engine bay and what is the coverage of the protective plate underneath the engine. When i lifted the hood it was heavy, I mean heavier than the jazz or brezza or for any other vehicle. That build quality just made me a fan of ecosport. Even the doors are heavy.
sibaprasadbeher is offline   Reply With Quote