Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 16th August 2016, 20:01   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross

Since your budget is at 10 lakhs showroom price, I would suggest you look at second hand models from the germans. An A class petrol after 3 years is only being sold at 12 lakhs. So I'm guessing you could pay that if you are interested in a second hand. The bmw 1's are also available for such prices. Have a look if you like and if you are interested in only new cars, i suggest waiting for the S-cross, the new one is due very soon, 2017 first quarter i think. Due to the low sales you could easily pick top model for this budget, just wait till new years. I am a sucker for the S-cross, i think its the better looking on this side of 15 lakhs.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 15:06   #122
BHPian

If there's one thread on Team-BHP that describes my car journey over the last year, it's this one!

I swung from a near-certain decision to buy the S-Cross to the Brezza to the Creta and back to the S-Cross before finally settling on the Brezza!!

Yes, I was a very confused man. But the state of confusion was compounded by the overlapping price points.

If there are other readers out there who are confused between the S-Cross and the Brezza, I share your pain and hope you find comfort in a firm decision soon!

My decision to buy the Vitara Brezza came down to a few important things:
1. HIGH ground clearance and a proper SUV feel from the driver's seat
2. Brezza ZDI offers (arguably) more valuable features and comes at a 30k lower price point than a Sigma 1.3 Delta (Though I will sorely miss the front armrest)
3. The Brezza is likely to hold its value better 5-6 years down the road because of a larger buyer base and higher perceived popularity.

While I can say that my heart is very much with the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta (the variant I would have bought without any qualms), I feel like I struck the best balance with the Brezza ZDI.

But the bottom line is that you cannot go wrong with either of these machines. So whichever one you pick, don't fret about not picking the other!
Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 17:40   #123
BHPian

Quote:
2. Brezza ZDI offers (arguably) more valuable features and comes at a 30k lower price point than a Sigma 1.3 Delta (Though I will sorely miss the front armrest)

You need not miss the arm rest any more. You can fix it from the showroom for 3500, available as original accessory. Check this and related posts http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4000795 (Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review)

Last edited by Eddy : 20th August 2016 at 00:48. Reason: fixed the quotes
MSAneesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 00:31   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
You need not miss the arm rest any more. You can fix it from the showroom for 3500, available as original accessory. Check this and related posts http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4000795 (Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review)
This just made my day. I will be sure to get this from the dealer. Thanks MSAneesh.
Pyrotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 14:00   #125
BHPian

Bump! Did the OP buy any vehicle?
DeepakS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 20:53   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
1. Brezza ZDI offers (arguably) more valuable features and comes at a 30k lower price point than a Sigma 1.3 Delta (Though I will sorely miss the front armrest)
2. The Brezza is likely to hold its value better 5-6 years down the road because of a larger buyer base and higher perceived popularity.
Hope you've got your Brezza by this time. Please do post any negatives. I'm in the same kind of dilemma as you.

If there's any member who owns both the Cars, they can update how do the Vehicles age..

Why do you think that the resale value for S Cross is Bad?
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 21:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Hope you've got your Brezza by this time. Please do post any negatives. I'm in the same kind of dilemma as you.

If there's any member who owns both the Cars, they can update how do the Vehicles age..

Why do you think that the resale value for S Cross is Bad?
S-Cross 1.3 will probably hold better than 1.6. Otherwise, the Brezza is a blockbuster hit while the S-Cross is at best, an average car (talking by applying majority buyer's criteria here). So it is sure that the Brezza will hold better value than the S-Cross.
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 22:05   #128
BHPian

S-Cross 1.6 if you like to drive. Else Ecosport as Brezza is under-powered, sub-par quality and overall not a good package except Maruti name.

If someone was to remove Maruti tagging you will not consider it at even half the price.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote