Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 28th October 2016, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Advice needed: Used Mitsubishi Montero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
it just does not make "economical" sense to buy a vehicle for once in a blue moon use. Keep that money in an investment instrument and hire different vehicles every time.

So that was a "mind" advice but if your heart tugs at the look of a Montero then nothing else will do. Even if you are sitting in a Merc, your heart will skip a beat at one look of Montero. If you are in that condition pick up one because happiness is way more important than mind decisions.
-Ijeet
Absolutely Correct , your first point makes a lot of sense , say 10 % cost of capital on 15 Lakh would be 1.5 Lakh / year . With that money a premium self driver car @ 6000/Day can be hired for almost 25 Days in a year, i.e. 4 week vacation in a year. Plus you are not locking in the money in a depreciating asset. if i factor the depreciation cost it would add some more days of hire.
The magic number 25 somehow also tallies with the number of holidays a person can take in a year. if i look at my overall usage in number of days i think i will be at least three times of that. i.e. close to 90 day.

as of now it is still a good option to consider and hire till you get a good choice and not lock yourself in a bad investment.
gameonrwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2016, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
He should definitely be able to check the general health of the car and give a report.

Do let me know.

Red-One.
would like it if he can, I have PM ed my contact details , you can give his contact details.
Old 27th March 2017, 23:50   #18
BHPian

Update : never really went about completing the deal, the dealer called me back after a couple of days. Nice guy I must say, not pushy like other guys and understands well. Said some guy from national geographic is really interested in the car and is going to inspect the car soon. Going by the profile he says that the car is going to be sold.
Since I had taken the majority decision to stay away from this I was a little reluctant to proceed, since then the car has vanished from all sites, so I am happy that she found a caretaker .

The reason for the update was, I just spotted a dark blue, brand new montero with temporary number plates being driven on the highway close to sriperumbudur, chennai.

Hehe, thinking about it again. The search continues.