Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Old 28th October 2016, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Advice needed: Used Mitsubishi Montero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
it just does not make "economical" sense to buy a vehicle for once in a blue moon use. Keep that money in an investment instrument and hire different vehicles every time.

So that was a "mind" advice but if your heart tugs at the look of a Montero then nothing else will do. Even if you are sitting in a Merc, your heart will skip a beat at one look of Montero. If you are in that condition pick up one because happiness is way more important than mind decisions.
-Ijeet
Absolutely Correct , your first point makes a lot of sense , say 10 % cost of capital on 15 Lakh would be 1.5 Lakh / year . With that money a premium self driver car @ 6000/Day can be hired for almost 25 Days in a year, i.e. 4 week vacation in a year. Plus you are not locking in the money in a depreciating asset. if i factor the depreciation cost it would add some more days of hire.
The magic number 25 somehow also tallies with the number of holidays a person can take in a year. if i look at my overall usage in number of days i think i will be at least three times of that. i.e. close to 90 day.

as of now it is still a good option to consider and hire till you get a good choice and not lock yourself in a bad investment.
gameonrwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2016, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Advice needed: Used Mitsubishi Montero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
He should definitely be able to check the general health of the car and give a report.

Do let me know.

Red-One.
would like it if he can, I have PM ed my contact details , you can give his contact details.
gameonrwind is offline   Reply With Quote