Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

View Poll Results: Which SUV / MUV would you choose?
Tata Hexa 368 54.84%
Mahindra XUV500 133 19.82%
Toyota Innova Crysta 126 18.78%
Mahindra Scorpio 8 1.19%
Tata Safari Storme 19 2.83%
Other (please specify) 17 2.53%
Voters: 671. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th September 2017, 19:25   #121
BHPian

Default Re: looking for a new Car

Hexa is a fantastic vehicle but is not the right car if it will be used primary in the city. It is a tailor made for highways and is a bit too big and cumbersome otherwise.

You should limit your search to the Creta and the Jeep Compass. Creta if you want to get from point A to B with minimal fuss and effort. Compass if you like your car to have character and personality and feel in the way it drives.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 19:38   #122
BHPian

Hi Shreyas

when I was looking for a car an year back , I had TD'ed Creta Diesel AT and I purchased XUV as simply it was a superior car as well as more VFM.

Am Still considering XUV but my only grouse is that its ride is bumpy !

compass - i havnt TD'ed it but IMHO its same size as an ecosport which is quite a competent vehicle ....and am not the one who goes after brands.
another question that comes to mind is that the money I spend of compass - I am not getting as much....

confused :(
ta1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 19:59   #123
BHPian

Size to price ratio of the Hexa is unmatched. Problem is, the huge size and turning circle make parking and taking U-turns a pain. Otherwise, it is THE car to buy in the 10-20L range. I drive an XTA myself

Creta is not my favorite car either. But it's merit is it's compact size, top notch refinement and super light controls. It really is a breeze to drive in traffic. It should be your plan B. Non controversial choice which will get the job done. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the Compass, I suggest you do wait to test drive the Automatic, which will be launched sometime around Diwali. Think of it as a Creta which will appeal to your heart as well. I TDed the manual, and liked it.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 12:23   #124

Default Re: Tata Hexa vs XUV500 vs Innova Crysta vs others

Tata Hexa seems to be the clear winner, but I don't see many Hexas' on the road. Sales numbers also don't seem to be high. Is there the perception in Indian consumer's minds that Tata is a "Taxi" brand and hence the brand image is not good?
sridharj77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 11:32   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj77 View Post
Tata Hexa seems to be the clear winner, but I don't see many Hexas' on the road. Sales numbers also don't seem to be high. Is there the perception in Indian consumer's minds that Tata is a "Taxi" brand and hence the brand image is not good?
The reason being: it is not yet offered to the taxi fleet and all the numbers only reflect regular customers.
Add to that, it's a new product in the market and GST has effected the sales numbers greatly for the months of June and July for all brands.
One year post launch should give us a clearer picture.
Besides, am seeing more and more Hexas on road here on bangalore with every passing week.
abhi7013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 22:13   #126
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Hexa vs XUV500 vs Innova Crysta vs others

Lot has been discussed in this thread. Still, let me talk about my choice - Hexa XTA.

Have been owning a Punto 90HP and it still serves me really well. Punto 90HP being a powerful enough hatch with outstanding ride quality and quality on good roads and especially a mile muncher, my choice by default went to a Jeep Compass with a budget of around 20L.

But my wife was a little adamant about buying a 7-seater, which is butch enough, comfortable and easy enough to maneuver around - so Compass is out from the plan. Consulted with a close friend who has been owning Tata Safari over its last two generations and he suggested a test drive of Hexa. It took me just seconds to decide after doing the test drive - Outstanding ride quality, amazing interiors and features, full worth of the money and amazing road presence. It has a lot of exclusivity and I thought that this is the vehicle I should probably own next. The size never bothered me after having the test drive and I just fell in love with its "Race Car mode". I may not use a 4X4 to its fullest and XTA has rear wheel drive with an LSD - I would settle for the time being with such an SUV. Booked the vehicle and still waiting for the delivery.

Last edited by vinodvayyat : 22nd September 2017 at 22:15. Reason: Punctuation/Grammar Corrections
vinodvayyat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote